cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does Processed Through Sort Facility ISC New York (USPS) means?

juzmoon
Enthusiast

Hi,

I am selling my bag collection internationally and one the bag is going to US. Using the tracking service provided by USPS, the tracking shows :

Processed Through Sort Facility

February 12, 2012, 12:38 pm

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) 

Registered Mail™

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

February 10, 2012, 4:35 pm

SINGAPORE, SINGAPORE

Does that mean that my buyer has received the item? What is happening? Appreciate any advise.

Thanks

Message 1 of 521
latest reply
520 REPLIES 520

Re: What does Processed Through Sort Facility ISC New York (USPS) means?

mscorso08
Enthusiast
I've had 2 items sit in ISC for a month before they were delivered but if your item you ordered is a fake or knock off you might wanna worry. They seize fake and knock off items and at the moment I have an item that is at ISC and it's a knock off transformers. I made a call and they guy told me it could take some time but if your item has been seized they will send you a letter in the mail. My item has been there almost a month so now I gotta make a claim just so I don't loose out because the seller didn't list that it was a KO even know I knew it was the original figure goes for $600 and he only $60 but I don't care because you can't even tell
Message 16 of 521
latest reply

With packages leaving the usa it's normal to appear like they are stuck there because the status won't change until the destination country sends updates to usps. Some don't do that until the package is delivered. Most of the more developed countries will post updates when it's received, when it clears customs, and when it's delivered, but some do not.

In most cases it's nothing to worry about.

Also, if you shipped 1st class, or lesser service, there will be no updates after it leaves the country, only priority mail and express mail gets updates until delivered.

Message 17 of 521
latest reply

lyna_yaj
Enthusiast

I have a package sitting there for over a week. I'm infuriated because I've been waiting on updates for this package and I've read what everyone has been posting up. Within a few days if I haven't received my item, I'm definitely initiating for a damn refund. Can't believe this.

Message 18 of 521
latest reply

kali-the-pup
Thrill-Seeker

I have a package sitting there for over a week. I'm infuriated   

It's just working it's way through the system...

Message 19 of 521
latest reply

There are days when I've felt like that package !!

Too fricken funny !!!!!!!

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 20 of 521
latest reply

Just remember that the USPS tracking system is iffy at best. Granted, they have gotten better over the past few years, it's not at all uncommon for tracking information to show absolutely nothing until the box shows up at your door. Nor is it uncommon for a package to get "stuck" at a sorting facitiy or in customs. I ordered some electronics parts from Hong Kong last month and they sat in customs in San Francisco for two solid weeks before making the remainder of the trip to me.

Message 21 of 521
latest reply

Same to me. I have a package from Hong Kong sitting on ISC since August 10th.

August 10, 2012, 9:40 am

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

Registered Mail™

August 09, 2012, 10:03 am

HONG KONG, HONG KONG

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Acceptance

Message 22 of 521
latest reply

How is the item going that arrived on aug 10th?

I had an order that reached ISC on the 12th and is still in he system. Buyer opened 4 Paypal cases on me today.....

Message 23 of 521
latest reply

I also have an item that has been sitting there since Aug 10, go figure. Did anybody have any success filling a claim with them?

Message 24 of 521
latest reply

jjceraftery
Enthusiast

I'm having the same problem right now. My item from China shipped on Aug. 3rd.
It says it was processed through ISC New York on August 7th.
I still don't have it.

Who do I file a claim with? How long do I have to file the claim?
I don't want to punish the seller for me not receiving my package...??

This is soooo frustrating!
I also didn't receive two small "epackets" from Hong Kong yet, from the end of July. The seller said he'd send them again.
I've never had such terrible luck on Ebay!
I wonder if it's too late to file a claim on those??

Message 25 of 521
latest reply

I'm having the same problem right now. My item from China shipped on Aug. 3rd.
It says it was processed through ISC New York on August 7th.
I still don't have it.

Who do I file a claim with? How long do I have to file the claim?
I don't want to punish the seller for me not receiving my package...??

I also didn't receive two small "epackets" from Hong Kong yet, from the end of July. The seller said he'd send them again.
I've never had such terrible luck on Ebay!
I wonder if it's too late to file a claim on those??

Who do I file a claim with?> http://ocs.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ContactCS&ref=1&topicrelid=5000000110&sid=5290010432&convId=0&C...

How long do I have to file the claim?>
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/buyer-protection.html

You completed a purchase of an eligible item on eBay and submitted a case within 45 days from the date of payment.

Stop buying from the Pacific Rim, problem solved. Hope this heps.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 26 of 521
latest reply

Here is what I was told by our lovely USPS: you have to have the SELLER initiate a tracking request with THEIR shipper - even though it's the USPS that cannot get it's crap together.

So now, I have a completed transaction from a seller who doesn't speak english and has done nothing wrong, and my only options are to file for resolution or ask him to initiate a tracking search. It just floors me that a third-world country can get a package to NYC within one week, but the USPS cannot find the item in it's own operation.

PLEASE urgge everyone you know to avoid the USPS for international deliveries. They are a failure.

Message 27 of 521
latest reply

PLEASE urgge everyone you know to avoid the USPS for international deliveries. They are a failure.

...Love to...unfortunately I don't speak Mandarin!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 28 of 521
latest reply

7575js75
Enthusiast

Hello,I was reading your post from Febuary.Well i ordered a pair of sneakers off ebay just a couple days ago,and my order is saying the same thing (processed through sort facility ISC NEW YORK) Ok what i'm really worried about is the shoes being fake,and i saw where you said that the ISC dosn't let fakes through.So should i just cancel my order since i went through paypal or should i file a claim.

Message 29 of 521
latest reply

npgen
Enthusiast

I just wanted to followup since I too had the same situation.  Mine has been sitting at "ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)" since Aug  30, but to my delight, this morning it shows it was Processed through USPS sort facility here locally.  Looks like it's going to be delivered here today or tomorrow.

So there seems to be a happy ending, at least in my case.  It just takes time for the customs to clear.  Good luck all!

Message 30 of 521
latest reply