cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does Processed Through Sort Facility ISC New York (USPS) means?

juzmoon
Enthusiast

Hi,

I am selling my bag collection internationally and one the bag is going to US. Using the tracking service provided by USPS, the tracking shows :

Processed Through Sort Facility

February 12, 2012, 12:38 pm

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) 

Registered Mail™

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Processed Through Sort Facility

February 10, 2012, 4:35 pm

SINGAPORE, SINGAPORE

Does that mean that my buyer has received the item? What is happening? Appreciate any advise.

Thanks

Message 1 of 521
latest reply
520 REPLIES 520

Re: What does Processed Through Sort Facility ISC New York (USPS) means?

"Miserable? I think Not! I am sure he she loves to write and express himself herself here and of course help everyone. I am sure he she gets satisfaction from just that! I know Hidy is always there when I need a quick answer! 

Thanks for having my back, sugar ~ just wanted to clarify that I am not a Image result for smiley with a hat, but a

girl Image result for dancing smiley!

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 421 of 521
latest reply

Whatever coumtry you bought it from has sorted it to go into an ISC (International Shipping Container) bound for CITY OF COUNTRY SHIPPED TO.

That means (for example) your Samurai Sword shipped free from LonQuin, CHINA, is in a steel container on a slow boat from CHINA.  🙂

(No tickee, no shirtee... Keepa you shirty on!)

Message 422 of 521
latest reply

I'm all for national saftey, but what do they need my shaving soap for, for six weeks??

Message 423 of 521
latest reply

Mine too, stuck there for 17 days already....  It is thing I need for my travel and I am so disappointed. Should I fine case in Ebay..  I kinda feel bad because it is not seller's fault.......   The HK seller shipped second day and arrive in ISC in 10 days.

My tracking number is LK121564019HK

Where can I look for help?  Should I file a ebay case?

Message 424 of 521
latest reply

@zhihuang wrote:

Mine too, stuck there for 17 days already....  It is thing I need for my travel and I am so disappointed. Should I fine case in Ebay..  I kinda feel bad because it is not seller's fault.......   The HK seller shipped second day and arrive in ISC in 10 days.

My tracking number is LK121564019HK

Where can I look for help?  Should I file a ebay case?

@zhihuang

You admit that the seller shipped on time ... USPS has your package somewhere.

Go to USPS.com and open a Lost package claim. They should be able to track it down for you. You will normally get some sort of response in 48-72 hours.

You can also sign up for email updates via USPS to see if there is any movement.

What is the Estimated Delivery date of the order? You cannot open a claim until the Last Delivery Date has passed. "Small packet" from Hong Kong can take a long time.

The MBG gives you 30 days past the Last Estimated Delivery Date to open an INR (item not received) claim.

You have 180 days past payment date to open a claim with PayPal.

But .. try USPS first ... And ... have you contacted your seller?

Items that are needed by a certain date should never be purchased online because of shipping glitches 😞

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 425 of 521
latest reply

What about this item that never leave US and i can't make CLAIM because it is International package? 

LZ621627295US

And with domestic post tracking it is still in Us.

http://ips.posta.hr/IPSWeb_item_events2.asp?itemid=LZ621627295US&Submit=Submit

Seller who sent item put CLAIM to USPS but after two weeks still no answer from USPS. 

Message 426 of 521
latest reply

@wiper1974 wrote:

What about this item that never leave US and i can't make CLAIM because it is International package? 

LZ621627295US

And with domestic post tracking it is still in Us.

http://ips.posta.hr/IPSWeb_item_events2.asp?itemid=LZ621627295US&Submit=Submit

Seller who sent item put CLAIM to USPS but after two weeks still no answer from USPS. 

@wiper1974

Have you contacted your own postal service to find out if just may be the Item is in customs in your country? Try calling them to find out.

You don't need to make a claim with the post office ... you have the eBay MBG.

What is the Estimated Delivery date on your Order?

Go to My eBay>>Purchase History to find this info.

If the Estimated Delivery Date has passed, you can open an Item Not Received case through eBay. You have 30 days past the Last Estimated Delivery Date to make a claim on eBay.

In your purchase history, use the dropdown menu on the right side of the Item. Select "Contact Seller" and then select "I have not received my item"

The seller will have 3 days to prove delivery with tracking or refund you.

If the Item eventually arrives, you can repay your seller via PayPal.

If you want to give the seller more time ... you can file a claim in PayPal  for Not Received for up to 180 days from payment.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 427 of 521
latest reply

CK048232499DE

What in the world is going on over there? It's been 17 days since it was listed as "processed", and I'm sure it was in their facility 6 days before that... Calling USPS does nothing, asking people in person at your local USPS does nothing, emailing them does nothing, filing a investigative claim does nothing. They reply to each the same way. "We have no idea. Out of our hands." 

Message 428 of 521
latest reply

In the same boat here. Stuck since the 18th. RR379051747JP. I don't want to take it out on the seller, as it's not their fault, but this is ridiculous. I emailed the Post Office HQ, but I doubt it'll do anything since they're never helpful. I already had another package reach there, and it moved within nine hours. 

Message 429 of 521
latest reply

I buy a lot of toys, models and figurines and stuff from Japan and China through eBay. I have noticed that everything slowed down to an intolerable halt right around the end of this past November. It's actually gotten to the point that every single item I order sits at the NY ISC facility until long after the last due-by date, and many have arrived in tattered boxes, one was even stomped on with dirty boots. I'm finding the dilemma of leaving good feedback difficult. I know it isn't the seller's fault, but I want to warn buyers like me that they're not going to get their items on time anymore. it used to be a fun time waiting those few days for an exciting item but at this point I'm ordering things that will take 2 months to arrive. I think the Chinese sellers (known for their sly cheapness) are using some sort of ultra cheap shipping but still charging you full price. If I pay $30 shipping for a figure it shouldn't take two months to get it. I've started just giving up on my hobbies because the wait has become a joke. 

Message 430 of 521
latest reply

Just got into the post office today... I hope they didn't destroy it. I have noticed that as well. It used to take 2 weeks the most for items to come... now it's taking longer, but I've never had one stuck in customs so long. I hope this doesn't continue. It does take the joy away. 

Message 431 of 521
latest reply

There are so many federal agencies that suck up their share of our tax revenues and provide little or no service.  THE USPS is one of them.  Cheaper than UPS or FEDEX, but you get whaty you pay for - in many cases, nothing.  There is no way to break through the bureauocracy, phone calls typically end up in dead ends, never answered  by a human.  On the rare occassion you do get a human, they immediately begin pointing fingers at everyone else.  For my money, Mr. President, you can add the coplete list of postal workers to your deportation strategy.  Their crime is wasting US government $$ and providing no apparent service.  Perhaps for mail (if anyone still sends letters), they're OK.  BUT DON'T ATTEMPT TO SEND A PACKAGE VIA US MAIL - IT WILL MOST CERTAINLY GET LOST AND NO ONE IN THE POSTAL SERVICE GIVES A **bleep**.

Message 432 of 521
latest reply

ISC Is Not Customs. You Package Clears Customs At The Airport. The USPS International Sorting Center Is Just A Place They Get The International Packages Thru In Order For Them To Get Shipped And Delivered To The Residential Address Destinations. It's Not Customs At All. Again You Package Was In Customs Way Before Is Got Into USPS ISC Custody. ISC Just Means It's Now In Possession Of The USPS To Get Delivered To You. That's All. Your Package Sat In Customs At The Airport 7 - 15 Days Before It Even Got To ISC. So In Other Words "Be Patient."
P.S. I Hope You All Get Your Packages
Sincerely,
Det. Washington
Message 433 of 521
latest reply

What was ops post about in feb?
Message 434 of 521
latest reply

@nolt_us2014 wrote:
What was ops post about in feb?

Cut & Paste of OP:

What does Processed Through Sort Facility ISC New York (USPS) means?
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 435 of 521
latest reply