cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does Processed Through Sort Facility ISC New York (USPS) means?

juzmoon
Enthusiast

Hi,

I am selling my bag collection internationally and one the bag is going to US. Using the tracking service provided by USPS, the tracking shows :

Processed Through Sort Facility

February 12, 2012, 12:38 pm

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) 

Registered Mail™

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Processed Through Sort Facility

February 10, 2012, 4:35 pm

SINGAPORE, SINGAPORE

Does that mean that my buyer has received the item? What is happening? Appreciate any advise.

Thanks

Message 1 of 521
latest reply
520 REPLIES 520

Re: What does Processed Through Sort Facility ISC New York (USPS) means?

Smiley Very Happy

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 376 of 521
latest reply

First and foremost, it actually means it was received by the ISC, not actually "processed through".

It also means it went through customs to get to the ISC.  The ISC's primary function is to process International Mail so that the USPS can bill the originating country's postal service for handling in the US.

Based on several conversations with USPS people, including ones at the ISC, they have no way of tracking what is in the ISC, including registered mail with return receipt required.  In my personal experience, if it is more than 10 days after the "processed through" date and there is no additional tracking, it is.unlikely the mail will ever surface.  In the past year 3 of approximately 30 registered letters of mine have disappeared into the ISC NY black hole, a 10 % failure rate.  The only thing the various USPS people agree on is that there is no way to track or find my mail.  

It it is also self evident they don't actually care.

Message 377 of 521
latest reply

I would if the perfume I wanted was actually sold in the U.S.

Message 378 of 521
latest reply

... and as it is not, you have to wait until it arrives... easy peasy. I live in Canada and after hockey,

waiting for widgets we've ordered from the United States is a National sporting event. We wake up

in the morning, put on our workout gear and head to the postbox, only to repeat the same process

day after day after day... I order comic books and I am convinced that all of the Canadian Customs

staff read my comic before turning it over to Canada Post... where it is read again by the staff there.

Hopefully, your perfume bottle will arrive full.

Message 379 of 521
latest reply

Use a more reliable carrier.  Use UPS  for example

Message 380 of 521
latest reply

So did how long until it left the New York facility or is it still there?

Message 381 of 521
latest reply

@gabbtova_0 wrote:

So did how long until it left the New York facility or is it still there?

Let's ask him and find out! wink emo.gif

@electrician208  You have a question ~ did you receive your package? 

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 382 of 521
latest reply

Hi there,

Thanks for the all of the pertinent info about the sort facility. We need more people like you who can fill us in. Nobody seems to know what goes on there at my local Post Office. I have a situation that I hope you may be able to shed some light on. I have been shipping internationally for at least 5 years now, mostly with no problems, even to Russia. I started stamping a bird on all of my labels and wrapping mostly in brown paper to make the package more distinctive. However, now I have 2 packages being sent to the same person in Japan that reached the Jamaica sort facility, and then became stuck in limbo. The first one is a thick package which arrived at the sort facility March 26. When I checked the number on the USPS site, it says the package is on route to its destination, no updates available. Does that mean it could be on a plane, stuck in customs, is there any way to know if it has left the US? The second was a medium/small box that reached the facitlity May 13. When I typed in the customs # I was able to sign up for updates, which I have done. I did notice that the buyer mispelled one word in part of the address, would that make a difference?I print all of my labels from the computer so I didn't notice until I tried to look up her city. I realize it's not an exact science, but do you have any advice?

thanks, Michelle

Message 383 of 521
latest reply

That's a bull**bleep**. For last 2 years I have seen a lot of improvement in the work of Russian State Post. Problems still exist but what you are telling here is not true. Right now my average shipping time to EU countries is 2 weeks, to US, Brazil, Mexico is 3 weeks and 3-4 weeks to SG, Malaysia and Thailand. Not a single lost parcel yet (I have my fingers crossed). Average shipping time within Russia is 1-3 weeks depending on distance between the cities. My rare parcels from US is now superfast - like 7-10 days for USPS Priority. Most incoming/outgoing parcels are processed in Moscow.

Message 384 of 521
latest reply

Now, I have the same problem. Please track this number and see how strange it is.: RB847923557RU

Message 385 of 521
latest reply

Have you ever seen such a funny thing?

June 4, 2016 , 5:47 pm

Processed Through Facility

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) 

June 4, 2016 , 2:38 pm

Departed

New York, UNITED STATES

June 4, 2016 , 11:24 am

Departed

London, UNITED KINGDOM

June 4, 2016 , 5:26 am

Arrived

London, UNITED KINGDOM

June 2, 2016 , 3:30 pm

DPO 

June 2, 2016 , 3:27 pm

Arrived at Facility

DPO 

June 2, 2016 , 3:27 am

Arrived at Facility

DPO 

June 1, 2016 , 8:06 am

Acceptance

May 27, 2016 , 12:05 pm

Available for Pickup

May 27, 2016 , 12:05 pm

Arrived at USPS Facility

May 24, 2016 , 12:04 pm

Arrived at USPS Facility

CHICAGO, IL 60701 

May 24, 2016 , 3:11 am

Arrived at USPS Facility

CHICAGO, IL 60666 

May 24, 2016 , 2:34 am

Departed USPS Facility

CHICAGO METRO 

May 23, 2016 , 10:50 pm

Arrived at USPS Facility

CHICAGO METRO 

May 23, 2016 , 8:38 am

Departed USPS Facility

JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097 

May 23, 2016 , 6:38 am

Departed USPS Facility

BROOKLYN, NY 11256 

May 23, 2016 , 5:22 am

Arrived at USPS Facility

JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097 

May 22, 2016 , 10:26 pm

Arrived at USPS Facility

BROOKLYN, NY 11256 

May 21, 2016 , 5:29 am

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) 

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

May 18, 2016 , 7:42 pm

RUSSIAN FEDERATION

Message 386 of 521
latest reply

My'n parcel send from Belgium on 27/05/16 is arrival on 31/05/15 ISC Nex York, so today 12/06/16 i see that it's not moved , what's happeniong, lost ??? stolen ???

Message 387 of 521
latest reply

A year ago I ordered a wallet from Germany.  It arrived in New within 24 hours.  Then it sat in the omninous New York ISC facility for 30 days.

I called the post office, I called the store in Germany, nobody could help.

Finally I called the credit card company, Bank of America.  They were very nice, issued an immediate refuned to me. They told me they would investigate the situation.  I told them they could and that I would call them if the wallet arrived.  

Two day later the wallet from Germany was in Washington, DC. 

Lessons to be learned:

1. always pay with a credit card

2. You will have to give the butt heads in New York a month to get their act together. 

Good luck.

Nico

Message 388 of 521
latest reply

Without government employees you would have no roads to drive on, no garbage collection, no parks, no sports fields / facilities, no schools, no fire Dept, no police, no jails, no national defence, no water, no sewage, no power, no food regulations, no drug regulations, no disease control, no money production / regulation, no customs or immigration, no mail, no libraries, no public transportation, no airports, no welfare system, no elected officials or leaders, limited communication / broadcasting systems without space programs . . . . . And this is just off the top of my head. Sounds like utopia doesn't it? Yes some of these are privatized to some degree now, but that doesn't mean they're running more effectively or efficiently, especially now that those entities are businesses with someone looking to make a buck off of. Bottom line, unless you're some kind of hunter/gatherer survivalist, you would cease to exist without civil servants.

Message 389 of 521
latest reply

Did you ever get it?

Message 390 of 521
latest reply