cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does Processed Through Sort Facility ISC New York (USPS) means?

juzmoon
Enthusiast

Hi,

I am selling my bag collection internationally and one the bag is going to US. Using the tracking service provided by USPS, the tracking shows :

Processed Through Sort Facility

February 12, 2012, 12:38 pm

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) 

Registered Mail™

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Processed Through Sort Facility

February 10, 2012, 4:35 pm

SINGAPORE, SINGAPORE

Does that mean that my buyer has received the item? What is happening? Appreciate any advise.

Thanks

Message 1 of 521
latest reply
520 REPLIES 520

Re: What does Processed Through Sort Facility ISC New York (USPS) means?

Hi. My package arrived to ics new york epacked since march 4. And still remain there i dont understand why so many time. The tracking is LK790674427CN
Message 361 of 521
latest reply

It means it's sitting in a sorting center and right now things are taking quite awhile to pass through (both LA and NY and some in Chicago as well). I've been waiting for 8 days and my package is sitting at the LA ISC. In looking around it appears that people all over the country are having this same problem right now and waiting 10-30 days on average for packages to move.

Message 362 of 521
latest reply

my package is from Russia and it's taken so far almost month and half still yet to arrive.

Message 363 of 521
latest reply

and I've waited for almost 2 months and still yet to arrive from Russia.

Message 364 of 521
latest reply

You Hoooo and Helllooooooo ~ Attention Posters:

There is no one here from the United States Postal Service.......no one here has any idea where your package is, so if you found this thread on the web, you won't get any help, but if you just want to whine, then knock yourself out!  laughing emo.gif

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 365 of 521
latest reply

You so funny!!!
Message 366 of 521
latest reply

Actually, what is funny is the assumption, that each item ordered from China, Taiwan, or the Philippines

is allocated it's very own F18 Fighter Jet, which flies directly to you home, bypassing US Customs and

USPS sorting... to be parachuted onto your front lawn within one business day... it's rubber band time...

SNAP OUTTA IT.

Message 367 of 521
latest reply

I got the second problem now . It's 5 days late. But been in new York for a month. This is bs
Message 368 of 521
latest reply

fyi, dont expect anything sent to or from Russia to get there soon. The country is notorious for items taking months to arrive or be sent out. They are also very picky about what you can ship there. Better off ordering elsewhere if you can. or if there is a courier service out there that can carry item over plane to your country from there it would be way faster. 

Message 369 of 521
latest reply

When your package takes months to arrive you wont have the same smug attitude. Noone expects overnight shipping from another country, unless of course that is what you paid for which then yes u do deserve it or your money back. But it should not take months to send a card. IT is the post office usps downsizing with less employees now to the job and cutting work hours on top of it . Also the closing of several central sorting facilities. If you dont worry about yoru package and inquire about it you may never get it. Granted no employees on here but alot of times finding the best way to get some answers is usually found by others who have had similar problems/experiences. Thats why here is the best place to complain and ask questions. 

Message 370 of 521
latest reply

When your package is late I bet you wont have the same smug and cynical attitude.  Youre being overly super sarcastic as I have not seen anyone less of 3 weeks ship time wait complaining on here, not 1 day...And if they paid for overnight shipping cross countries they have a right to be upset and should get their full refund for ship costs, much like fedex i know does if its even an hour late. USpS needs to have some accountability for their mistakes. i hope they search employees before leaving shifts and breaks like other shipping companies do as too many packages go missing to not do so. The reason for the lateness tho is usps downsizing with less employees and the closing of several central sorting offices there is less productivity. Government employees tend to not care and move slower than other workers, especially those with tenure as they are prety much immune from being fired minus theft. the ISC NewYork normally takes about a week to 2 weeks tops for a epacket from China to be sent through, any longer and I would worry as well. I order a lot of plushies from china and random  stuff and always get them in about 2 weeks or less from China to NJ. The only time I dont get it on time is when the seller doesnt send right away and/or has a new paypal accounts and waits 21 days for payment to clear while posting a fake tracking number and marking item as shipped which is not actually allowed and should be reported to ebay and. paypal Some selllers ship date say 2 months but some prolly just do that to protect themn from refund request cuz of issues like this. Or they have paypal issues like i just stated. 

Message 371 of 521
latest reply

@andrewlovestoys Oh, good grief!  Please read the subject of this thread which was started in February of 2012!  The poster asked what a sort facility was and NOT "where is my package"!  This thread has since turned into a grumble fest for complaining posters

No one ~ and I will reiterate ~ no one has a secret tip for getting your package faster ~ unless of course you do have access to the F18 fighter jet referred to in the above post, lol

If it makes you all feel better to complain about the slow service of a United States Customs facility (not USPS, but Customs), then by all means, carry on, but please understand that by posting here your package won't arrive any sooner and it just makes posters look uninformed, imo.

Here is a link to the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol website with a phone number for lost packages:

My package is lost / missing; does CBP have it?

If CBP has detained your package for some reason (for example, lack of a proper invoice, bill of sale, or other documentation, a possible trademark violation, or if the package requires a formal entry) the CBP International Mail Branch holding it will notify you of the reason for detention (in writing) and how you can get it released.

When you have fulfilled the requirements necessary to effect release, CBP will clear the package, note how much duty is owed, and return it to the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) for delivery. Usually, you will receive notification in a matter of days, but it can take as long as 30-45 days.

If your package is long overdue or you think it may be lost in the mail, you should contact your local post office and request that a parcel tracer action be initiated to locate it. The Post Office often advises callers to contact CBP, however we do not track packages into or out of our facilities, and unless you have a detention notice from CBP with a number to refer to when you call, we will not be able to locate your package even if it is being held by CBP.

If the post office has a tracking number that indicates the package went into CBP, but no record of it exiting the facility, you might ask USPS's customer service representatives to work directly with the CBP facility to see if it is still there - although the absence of a record is not proof that the package is still in the CBP area. Packages exit the CBP facilities on a conveyor belt and the post office's electronic scanners do not always catch the bar codes on packages as they exit the facility.

Questions about the USPS Customs Declaration Forms 2976 and 2976A should be directed to the United States Postal Service 1800-ASK-USPS/1800-275-8777. For copies of the forms visitCustoms Forms.

If you wish to receive automatic updates to this Q&A, select "Subscribe to Updates" on the left side of this screen.

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/122/~/mail---lost-%2F-missing-package

Message 372 of 521
latest reply

@andrewlovestoys wrote:

When your package is late I bet you wont have the same smug and cynical attitude.  Youre being overly super sarcastic as I have not seen anyone less of 3 weeks ship time wait complaining on here, not 1 day...

Wow, can't believe my post got you so bound up, you had to respond twice... one with a little squeak, then a longer one.

So you know, I am not being smug, nor cynical, my response was honest. I have had shipments take a very long time to

arrive and some that do not show up at all... is it upsetting?... yes, but I just file a claim... no biggie, no whining.

Is my suggestion that buying domestically could relieve some of the anguish, "being overly super sarcastic"?... no.

Message 373 of 521
latest reply

I recently sent a parcel through usps to nigeria and now its in ISC Newyork NY(USPS) How can i hold the parcel and return it back to original coutry..
Message 374 of 521
latest reply

No one, and I repeat ~ NO ONE, in the Part Time eBay Sellers Group Forum can tell you where your package is ~ this is NOT USPS or Customs!

Sorry your package is lost or delayed, but we can't help you ~ call USPS!

Message 375 of 521
latest reply