cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does Processed Through Sort Facility ISC New York (USPS) means?

juzmoon
Enthusiast

Hi,

I am selling my bag collection internationally and one the bag is going to US. Using the tracking service provided by USPS, the tracking shows :

Processed Through Sort Facility

February 12, 2012, 12:38 pm

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) 

Registered Mail™

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Processed Through Sort Facility

February 10, 2012, 4:35 pm

SINGAPORE, SINGAPORE

Does that mean that my buyer has received the item? What is happening? Appreciate any advise.

Thanks

Message 1 of 521
latest reply
520 REPLIES 520

Re: What does Processed Through Sort Facility ISC New York (USPS) means?

Hopefully I can help some people out here or at least save some stress...I ordered a $900 lens from Canada (I'm in the US). The lens was shipped via Canada Post Expedited Tracked Packet. I got concerned after my item sat in ISC NY for 10 days so I decided to contact USPS. They told me to have the sender start an International Inquiry. Note that the inquiry must be started in the origin country.  Once the Inquiry is started an investigation is started as to where or what happened to the package such as customs issues, lost, damaged, or prohibited items etc.. So I had the sender initiate an International Inquiry via Canada Post and the lens arrived at my PO 1 week later.  There was no tracking update from ISC NY to my local PO. Total time spent in ISC NY was 14 days. I'm not sure if the Inquiry helped, but it doesn't hurt to start one.

Message 331 of 521
latest reply

@jesusnuestrosalvador wrote:

Hello I am waiting a package too is there from january 23 and the status doesn't change i think the reason is because the city it was paralyzed by a big snow storm for those days but iam not sure. We need be patient.

I agree. My epacket package from china FINALLY moved from ISC new york today after arriving a week earlier on January 26th. It was unsual for it to take this long to arrive because my imported packages usually move "in and out" of customs after arriving. It never takes more than two days for my package to leave ISC new york. 

I'm sure the snow storm last weekend delayed everyone's imported packages in the east coast. I was scared that my package somehow became lost in transit but then the tracking finally updated. Just have patience everyone!

Message 332 of 521
latest reply

I think it depends on the method of package. Every kind of package has their length of processing and delivery deadline. Once the package entered the other country, people will sort them to different timeline unit, when it's up to the package's turn, they will make it move forward. Since regular registered or first class international is cheaper and no guerantee delivery date, it can be delayed if the center is busy.
Message 333 of 521
latest reply

I have same problem here, I have waited 12 days since it Processed Through ISC Sort Facility by now and will keep waiting. It usally takes 1 day to go from ISC to local USPS facility. I think that may be because of severe weather.

Message 334 of 521
latest reply

Mine is only 4 days off the radar ("Arrived at USPS Origin Facility") , so tomorrow being day 5 is what USPS recommends you get ahold of them. It's pretty obvious New York's postal service is as whacko now as it has been for years, so in the future I'll specify Brown for shipping and hope it's better. 

Also to the person who stated the envelope is plaun, don't forget they have X ray machines, and for instance know my package is a computer PCIE card. 

You know, it wouldn't urt USPS, as long a they KNOW you're checking trracking, to say what's up. If they were to tell me "storm, maintenenece, backlog and other factors please allow additional 5 days" at least I woulnd't waste time wondering all this time. 

Message 335 of 521
latest reply

What does Processed Through Sort Facility ISC New York (USPS) means? It means that your package probably will never come back.  I bought several items to eBay mainly postcards and military patches coming from Germany and other parts in Western Europe.  All of these items were registered at the centers and and tracking numbers were available.  The packages were meticulously tracked and pretty much get lost when they wind up at the ISC in New York City.  I have called the post office and waited on the phone for long periods of time and nothing can be done.  They absolutely have no way to check with your package went once it went into the US customs blackhole.  Waiting on the phone was a total waste of time for me.  The only way I was able to be reimbursed for these "losses" is to file a claim through eBay.  This typically generates quite a bit of out rage from the sender as he has taken all the proper steps in order to have a letter sent securely.  I used to have better luck sending letters to the former Soviet Union.  Now letters coming from Europe to the United States are routinely lost.  The US Postal Service cannot give me an adequate answer and always say that is out of their hands.  This is a lame excuse and there is no accountability. This is your US Customs that has no system of checks and balances.  I would recommend that people would experience similar losses start writing their congressman perhaps maybe we can get things moving in the right direction.

Message 336 of 521
latest reply

Funny thing is I have a package at New York that is day 5 today too... Lol wonder if they just holding them up...
Message 337 of 521
latest reply

Funny thing is that I did this checked before to see it was on New York... Then I refresh it after and it says "inbound out of customs" so I think u should have the same thing now:)
Message 338 of 521
latest reply

Same problem here in Miami, the USPS proccesing time for international package in a shame, I mean a shame on the american postal system. I realized they just don't care about service. The solution is to privatized the system, they keep increasing rates left to right and nobody is accountable for the bad service. 

Message 339 of 521
latest reply

I can assure you privatization has nothing to do with international borders and customs. If you spend $50 to ship a package with FedEx or UPS internationally, you experience the same delays and lack of information. What we need is less border security. Remember, every time you have a politician at the federal level say they want to 'secure the border' and 'seal the border' or you have a politician that doesn't believe in free trade (e.g. they want more taxes, tariffs, and customs red tape for packages and goods and services) you get customs officers rambling through your items through the mail. This has *nothing* to do with the USPS. Americans have been voting for and electing people lately who are against free trade, for border security, and for more red tape. This is what you get. USPS, UPS, or FedEx - or any shipping company - cannot do jack **bleep** about the Department of Homeland Security, customs officers, and border control. If you want easier international trade, then elect politicians that support free trade and less border security. I for one am tired of listening to moron politicians ramble on and on about more border security. WE NEED LESS red tape at the border, not more. I don't approve of customs officers rambling through my packages I order online and holding things up.

Message 340 of 521
latest reply

As I just said in an earlier post, the USPS has no control over border control and customs. You are spot on in that its just plain wrong that customs gets to ramble through packages at free will and things get lost with little to no paper trail. I can't tell you how many packages with all delivery services I've had trouble with. If you order a $25 pair of sunglasses online from the UK, the US customs office will probably charge you an arbitrary $75 or $100 FDA inspection fee. Its time to relax rules and let packages flow.

Message 341 of 521
latest reply

Wait that kinda scares me...does that mean I might not get my order? Or will it just take lonegr than the estimated delivery. Smiley Indifferent

Message 342 of 521
latest reply

SO IT IS THAT I HAVE 4 PACKAGES DELAYED IN NEW YORK SINCE JANUARY 14TH?WHAT S REALLY GOING ON THERE?

Message 343 of 521
latest reply

Well, I live in Kazakhstan, but I lived in Moscow before, it is quite often in Russia for a package to travel INSIDE MOSCOW for a Month, it is also very common for a package to be stuck at a sort facility (especially international) for 2-4 months, it is a bit better in Kazakhstan though, but you can still have a 1-2 month no tracking, BUT YES, (YES!!!!) THAT IS VERY GOOD IN COMPARISON TO RUSSIA AND OTHER CIS COUNTRIES 🙂 The same could've started in the US 😉 Good luck, just be very patient.
Message 344 of 521
latest reply

From my experience the more your packages goes through customs the more familiar they become with your name and the seller. Ergo more efficient process!!! It now only takes a day to pass when before it took about 7 to 10 days
Message 345 of 521
latest reply