cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does Processed Through Sort Facility ISC New York (USPS) means?

juzmoon
Enthusiast

Hi,

I am selling my bag collection internationally and one the bag is going to US. Using the tracking service provided by USPS, the tracking shows :

Processed Through Sort Facility

February 12, 2012, 12:38 pm

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) 

Registered Mail™

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Processed Through Sort Facility

February 10, 2012, 4:35 pm

SINGAPORE, SINGAPORE

Does that mean that my buyer has received the item? What is happening? Appreciate any advise.

Thanks

Message 1 of 521
latest reply
520 REPLIES 520

Re: What does Processed Through Sort Facility ISC New York (USPS) means?

Thanks for the information. I think the problem more thank anything is lack of information. This explains a whole lot. Still wish it could get here sooner BUT at least I know why. Thanks again for good info.
Message 316 of 521
latest reply

Whatsamatta...no real stroke with the eBay underworld? And you call yourself some kinda New Yorker !  Smiley Very Happy

Message 317 of 521
latest reply

@wwaldok wrote:

Whatsamatta...no real stroke with the eBay underworld? And you call yourself some kinda New Yorker !  Smiley Very Happy

Actually, no... you called me some kinda New Yorker.

I live in Canada, bronx was my dog, I called her bronx-dog...

as for the 'real stroke', if that's what gets you off, carry on. wink.gif

Message 318 of 521
latest reply

seriously? countries have customs to regulate foreign packages just like an immune system regulates the passage of foreign bodies into the body. You are saying that you receiving your little package is somehow more important than the safety of the nation. I am far from an alarmist, and I hate it when my packages are delayed as well, but I'm not so pretty and selfish as to talk about suing eBay or faulting the sellers who are working hard and taking care of their side of things. Why is it, exactly, that you think that a seller on eBay it's responsible for the entire Christmas mail rush?

Message 319 of 521
latest reply

I think the biggest problem is USPS needs to update their tracking to be more clear, understandable and timely. When someone sees "Processed Through Sort Facility ISC New York (USPS)" and no movement for days, weeks or months; what is one supposed to think? Either that their package was lost, stolen or confiscated. I mean, why are there no scans or updates past Processed Through Sort Facility ISC New York (USPS)? Having something “just show up” to me is just plain unacceptable. Besides the risk of theft from the delivery point (and you think dealing with "Processed Through Sort Facility ISC New York" is bad), I have a Can-Am business down the street from my home and my packages often get mis-delivered there in error. So something could “just show up” there and I’d never even know. Maybe add something like "Custom Review Pending" and "Customs Cleared" as a tracking point rather than having people in the dark about their package. Here I have a package sitting in Processed Through Sort Facility ISC New York (USPS) now for 10 days and the tracking number still shows an expected delivery date of Monday, 1/11/16. Well today is the 1/14/16 and it’s still Processed Through Sort Facility ISC New York (USPS). I see a lot of examples that are well past the 10 days I have been waiting for movement, and it is causing my fear of never seeing this package to grow. I just find it funny that the USPS can't get an update and that this is just the "NORMAL" process. I mean, the USPS is a government agency and they’re responsible for the package, but they cannot get information on a package from customs (or whoever is responsible when a package Processed Through Sort Facility ISC New York). I call BS.

Message 320 of 521
latest reply

My package has been there since 10/13/15
Message 321 of 521
latest reply

The best I can say is that at least I know not to look for my package in the immediate future. An Aran turtleneck sweater from Ireland, I do hope I receive it to wear before spring. Silly me. Having ordered it on Monday, I actually held some hope of wearing in at a party tomorrow night (Saturday). In the future, Ill make sure to order European winter wear in summer and summer wear in winter. I suppose on some level, package scrutiny ensures that nothing dangerous or illegal enters the country. I get that. But one would think that USPS and customs would have more staff on hand to achieve this without having postal customers suffer these irritating delays. 

The question is will our thrifty Rebublican Congress spring for more spending to solve this. Anyone who knows more about politics than one might learn from Donald Trump's one liners already knows the answer to that one. So, I'll wait. 

@dejesakalui wrote:
OK so I am on the same boat... It took about 7 days for Amsterdam to ship it to isc NY today and I hope they doesn't do this **bleep** to me

Message 322 of 521
latest reply

I called them and they told me to let my local post office investigate for me. I was like oh hell no. I can I not check on something I paid for. They are ridiculous with that. I ordered something on Dec.11 today is Jan. 18 and I have no package what so ever. Something has to be done about this! It stopped I. NY since the 9th of Jan. SMh!
Message 323 of 521
latest reply

I have the same place same day same delivery no package
Message 324 of 521
latest reply

Just found out that USPS has a Twitter-based Support group and they are WAYYYY faster than any other method I've used (or tried in vain to use) to contact USPS about a shipment issue. 

Their Twitter Handle is @ USPSHelp so hopefully someone sees this and is able to get some help in the same way I did. I was SO surprised it actually worked, and SO fast. They resolved issues in 5 minutes that have taken me MONTHS to try to get answers for. 

Message 325 of 521
latest reply

So after reading this I also decided to give my input, and hopefully get any explanations from US citizens.

I sell stamps from Germany all over the world, and the only country I have problems with is US, particularly USPS.

I had some letters lost, about 1-2 each month (with about 100-150 sent to US), so it became some kind of a routine losses, and also I received reimbursement from my Deutsche Post.

But from November amount of lost letters increased significantly - 5 in November, 25 in December and already about 20 in January.

For all of them tracking is the same - Processed through New York ISC, and then nothing. Some do not even show arrival in the US, just processes through Frankfurt international facility.

This all looks quite dodgy - plain white envelope with stamp and address printed on a label - there's no indication that the letter might be of any value except the tracking number. I will never believe that US customs has any interest in checking the letters coming from Germany. Also it is hard to believe that such a great amount of letters might be destroyed by sorting machine or stolen by post employees. If you consider the daily amount of letters going through NY ISC, then it's going to be millions a month?

Any suggestions why can it happen will be really apreciated, as I feel right now of just cancelling any business with US.

Also I can upload here all tracking numbers of lost letters just to prove how many there were missing.

Message 326 of 521
latest reply

Hello,

If a package is flagged at the ISC for customs/manual inspection, is that reflected in the tracking information?  Probably, not I'm assuming?

Thanks for any help,

Steve

Message 327 of 521
latest reply

Yes, if a package is held up for any kind of inspection, it is flagged at being held at custom for inspection. I just had a package sent to Iran which had that status. It cleared but the status on the tracking system did not change. I assume that's because Iran is not on their tracking list. It did make it to the destination in about the expected time.

Message 328 of 521
latest reply

Hi goodwin,

I'm one of your customers. I currently have several letters from several senders stuck at ISC New York for over a month. There is nothing of great value.  It doesn't take a month to figure that out.  I got letters and packages through to Communist East Germany faster 30 years ago.  For the time being I won't order anything from outside the U.S.

Sentry41

Message 329 of 521
latest reply

Hello I am waiting a package too is there from january 23 and the status doesn't change i think the reason is because the city it was paralyzed by a big snow storm for those days but iam not sure. We need be patient.

Message 330 of 521
latest reply