cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does Processed Through Sort Facility ISC New York (USPS) means?

juzmoon
Enthusiast

Hi,

I am selling my bag collection internationally and one the bag is going to US. Using the tracking service provided by USPS, the tracking shows :

Processed Through Sort Facility

February 12, 2012, 12:38 pm

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) 

Registered Mail™

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

February 10, 2012, 4:35 pm

SINGAPORE, SINGAPORE

Does that mean that my buyer has received the item? What is happening? Appreciate any advise.

Thanks

Message 1 of 521
latest reply
520 REPLIES 520

Re: What does Processed Through Sort Facility ISC New York (USPS) means?

There is currently a  theft ring in ISC NY. I am also waiting for a package, however I am losing all hopes of it clearing that place. I wish USPS would do something about this god aweful place. How many packages must be stolen before action is taken?

Message 286 of 521
latest reply

By many of the accounts I have read, these are cases of fraud waste and abuse by the ISC Centers. To hold these mail items up for such a long period of time, with no explanation, or reasons after acceptance of payment to process mail articles in a timely manner and then not fulfill that obligation is fraudulent, and to permanently "lose" an item that is tracked, has to be nothing more then theft by someone at the ISC Centers. When the items description is clearly marked on the outside of the package, with someone who's looking for that item for theirselves, can simply place the item in a box set for local delivery and either that person or a partner takes it for themselves once outside the center. This has happened before at local POs so what's to stop it at these ISC Centers? That is two very large problems, they should become part of the discussion in fixing or abolishing the ISC Centers. Please don't dismiss these "rants" but look at the underlying issues behind them! Make the workers responsible for the packages sent through their "line"! If they get 500 letters/packages to sort and review with tracking numbers, then 500 should have gone to the next "check point", and so on until the items are delivered or handed off to the host country. If a package happens to disappear while going through their line, they must find it prior to going home or face an investigation into what happened to that item. Use of cameras would go a long way to keeping the items from finding the wrong home as well!

Message 287 of 521
latest reply

This is not USPS ISC......this is eBay.....buyers and sellers just like you.........no one here can help you!

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 288 of 521
latest reply

WOW! Scary. I'm waiting for a package from the U.K. Hope and pray this sort of nightmare doesn't come true for me! This is a FIRST-RATE FEDERAL crime, last time I checked and is punishable with fines and up to (I think), 15 years in jail. This is much worse, for that matter, than going right up to someone's mailbox and simply taking their mail yet if one were to do that, they'd be (GUARANTEED) some MAJOR jailtime. My package has been sitting, or so the tracking info shows, for appx. four days in their **bleep** ISC sorting facility.

Message 289 of 521
latest reply

so much for my thread ending post.....maybe they should start a class action suit! laughing emo.gif

Message 290 of 521
latest reply

DATE & TIME
STATUS OF ITEM

Inbound Into Customs

Your item is being processed by United States Customs.

November 27, 2015 , 11:54 pm

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) 

November 23, 2015 , 4:39 pm

Acceptance

THAILAND

Its already several days after my package reached ISC.....Right now I checked the information of "ISC NEW YORK NY", it brought me here...

Message 291 of 521
latest reply

I've been waiting since 11/23/15 and it is now 12/8/15. My package "passed through" the ISC on 11/23 and no tracking info since then. I just filed a claim today. **bleep** is going on and why isn't anyone doing anything about it?

Message 292 of 521
latest reply

It's not their postal system that is horrible...it's our own US CUSTOMS DEPT. I ordered a painting from Luxembourg and it took 7 and a half months to get to me for the simple fact that after the ISC the package gets inspected by customs and the customs in pectin process can take 24 hrs to 90 days....this is literally the time from that a us customs agent told me. So it could take FOREVER
Message 293 of 521
latest reply

Message 294 of 521
latest reply

ISC - International Sorting Center.  

Message 295 of 521
latest reply

RollingEyesSmiley5.gif

Message 296 of 521
latest reply

Christmas gift Processed through on Dec 1st so the ISC NY has pretty much ruined Christmas. How long till you can file a claim to get your money back from this den of thieves.

Message 297 of 521
latest reply

Shipment ActivityLocationDate & Time

Processed Through Sort FacilityISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)November 20, 2015 7:46 am
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment  
Processed Through Sort FacilityTEL AVIV YAFO, ISRAELNovember 16, 2015 7:06 pm

It's now Decmber 22 and I have yet to get anywhere on this. My local post office rep told me basically I'm f*cked. Why is there no customer service number to call for ISC in New York? What happened ot accountability?

Message 298 of 521
latest reply

TELL ME ABOUT IT. ALL OF THEM!!!!

Message 299 of 521
latest reply

Us Customs sucks. Ruined Christmas in this house. There's no reason why all this nonsense should take so long. Bottom line is, government entities are never in any rush. I told my shipper if it doesn't arrive by the posted date on the listing, I'm just going to file a claim with ebay, and let them deal with ebay. I want a refund. I know its probably not the shippers fault, but I'm not going to take the fall on this. My package has till 12/31, and if it isnt on my doorstep, ebay owns me a refund because the shipper already told me its out of his hands. Well, its not because the shipper remains responsible for what you paid for until the package is delivered to you.
Message 300 of 521
latest reply