cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does Processed Through Sort Facility ISC New York (USPS) means?

juzmoon
Enthusiast

Hi,

I am selling my bag collection internationally and one the bag is going to US. Using the tracking service provided by USPS, the tracking shows :

Processed Through Sort Facility

February 12, 2012, 12:38 pm

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) 

Registered Mail™

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

February 10, 2012, 4:35 pm

SINGAPORE, SINGAPORE

Does that mean that my buyer has received the item? What is happening? Appreciate any advise.

Thanks

Message 1 of 521
latest reply
520 REPLIES 520

Re: What does Processed Through Sort Facility ISC New York (USPS) means?

Well said. I'm a former JFK worker (10 years) and you are absolutely right!

Message 271 of 521
latest reply

I guess I got lucky. My item arrived one day, and was cleared the next day. But it was registered mail from the Minister of the Department of Foreign Affairs for the Irish Government. 

Maybe the trick is to send something by registered mail. That way, it is a continuous chain of custody, using locked cages, safes, etc... It takes longer for ordinary items than first class, or certified mail. But in if it goes through ICS, that might be the quickest method, and worth the extra fee.

Message 272 of 521
latest reply

221000122216 .. I ordered a package from Japan on 10/28/15 around 9pm EST shipped First Class International, It Arrived 1:15 pm 10/30/15 at the Sort Facility ISC New York, Then arrived 7:39 am 10/31/15 at the USPS Facility Flushing, NY. Departed from Flushing Facility same day at 7:53 pm. Arrived 9:23 pm 11/1/15 in Liticum Heights MD. Today Monday 11/2/15 out for Delivery... Hope this helps you only thing I'm worried about now is the box plus its contents are intact and/or not destroyed/broken.
Message 273 of 521
latest reply

I ordered a piece of jewelry from China on 10/17.  It arrived at the sorting center in New York on 10/24.  It's still there....It's been there 9 days so far.  My anniversery was yesterday, so Good Going, USPS.  Any future purchases through eBay will be US ONLY.Smiley Mad

Message 274 of 521
latest reply

With all the horror stories on this subject, I guess I got really lucky.I had nightmares thinking about those delays at the ISC in New York. My package from Japan, a camera, was scheduled for delivery between Nov. 13 and Nov. 20. Here it is Nov.4 and it is out for delivery as we speak.

Updated Delivery Day: Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Your item arrived at the Post Office at 5:53 am on November 4, 2015 in DUNEDIN, FL 34698.

November 4, 2015 , 2:06 am

Departed USPS Facility

TAMPA, FL 33605 

November 3, 2015 , 7:46 pm

Arrived at USPS Facility

TAMPA, FL 33605 

November 2, 2015 , 8:48 am

Arrived at USPS Facility

KEARNY, NJ 07032 

October 31, 2015 , 7:16 pm

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) 

October 30, 2015 , 10:57 am

TOKYO INT D, JAPAN

October 29, 2015 , 3:35 pm

Acceptance

JAPAN

Message 275 of 521
latest reply

This service simply terrible, my package is already on October 31 in sorting!
It is a horror

Tracking #:CV021498802CZ
Carrier:USPS
Oct-31-15, 16:26 PM, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

Oct-29-15, 12:14 PM, PRAHA 120

Acceptance
Oct-28-15, 16:49 PM

Message 276 of 521
latest reply

I heard the reason mail is so slow is because so many smaller POs have been shut down.  Does not make sense to me when a package can take 2 full days to travel a distance of 43 miles between two cities.  On the other hand, if there are POs in smaller towns that have been shut down, then mail trucks are having to travel to the next closest PO for delivery.  I have had packages take nearly two weeks to reach a destination that normally took a week or less.  Pretty bad.  Don't even mention letters that never reach their destinations.  What's up with that?  Our mail carrier won't take packages out for delivery....she leaves them for the carrier that works the next day to deliver.  How can they get by with that?

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 277 of 521
latest reply

Seems like I may be on the lucky side also. Hopefully it doesn't get caught up anywhere else.

November 5, 2015 , 5:20 pm

Arrived at USPS Facility

FLUSHING, NY 11351 

Your item arrived at our USPS facility in FLUSHING, NY 11351 on November 5, 2015 at 5:20 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

November 4, 2015 , 10:09 pm

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) 

November 1, 2015 , 8:41 am

SHENZHEN EMS, CHINA

October 31, 2015 , 7:01 pm

Acceptance

CHINA

Message 278 of 521
latest reply

I'm happy for those who are experiencing success. 

My package from the UK has been sitting at the NY ISC since October 24th. 

14 days and counting!!!

Message 279 of 521
latest reply

Update:

I contacted USPS about my package being stuck at NY  ISC the other day and they said the sender had to fill out an international inquiry. I contacted the sender about that and he said he'd do it.

Now that I hit the 2 week mark, I decided to try USPS again. The person I spoke with said I had to speak with someone in the international package department. They tried to transfer me but hung up on me instead.

I called back and was on hold for 20 minutes. I was told that mail could sit at the ISC for up to 30 days. After she could offer no help she transferred me to her team lead. 

The team lead was the worst help I received so far. I asked why no one could contact the ISC, which is 60 miles from my house, and I was told that that wasn't the protocol. She refused to transfer me to their international department because she said they will only tell the sender in the UK what happened to my package; not me. She then said she was going to disconnect the call because she couldn't help me any further. I told her that their service was unacceptable and illogical. She basically said you're welcome and hung up on me.

What a disaster! Then they go and cry to the news once a year about how they aren't making any money. Maybe it's being their service is the absolute worst!

Message 280 of 521
latest reply

Mine was processed October 24, 2015 and still waiting.....  It's a lens adapter and was not able to use the camera for my daughters Holloween Parade Smiley Embarassed

DATE & TIME
STATUS OF ITEM
October 24, 2015 , 4:09 pm

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) 

Your item has been processed through our sort facility in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 4:09 pm on October 24, 2015.

October 21, 2015 , 9:51 pm

GUANGZHOU EMS, CHINA

October 20, 2015 , 5:26 pm

Acceptance

CHINA

Message 281 of 521
latest reply

Any updates?

Message 282 of 521
latest reply

Worst experience ever told me my package was going to PA when it was coming to me in NY
Message 283 of 521
latest reply

Did anyone got their packages? How long you guy been waiting for? I have 11 days and couting. 

Message 284 of 521
latest reply

My package was processed through the Hong Kong air mail center on November 21st; it just hit CS/JFK today and was pronounced "processed through" by 2:18

(Today is November 22nd)
Message 285 of 521
latest reply