cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does Processed Through Sort Facility ISC New York (USPS) means?

juzmoon
Enthusiast

Hi,

I am selling my bag collection internationally and one the bag is going to US. Using the tracking service provided by USPS, the tracking shows :

Processed Through Sort Facility

February 12, 2012, 12:38 pm

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) 

Registered Mail™

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Processed Through Sort Facility

February 10, 2012, 4:35 pm

SINGAPORE, SINGAPORE

Does that mean that my buyer has received the item? What is happening? Appreciate any advise.

Thanks

Message 1 of 521
latest reply
520 REPLIES 520

Re: What does Processed Through Sort Facility ISC New York (USPS) means?

Has the speed improved through this facility yet or is it still atrocious as ever .  If anyone got the message ( Processed Through Sort Facility ISC New York USPS) within the last few weeks have you recieved any updates or deliveries ?

Thank you

Message 256 of 521
latest reply

Guys ISC JFK is not the problem believe me. I am a Postal Worker that works at ISC/JFK as a ramp Clerk (I am out on the Field making sure the Airlines are Bringing the mail into the facility and making sure all outbound mail is going on the right flights ETC. I been employed for almost 38 years at JFK, and believe me their is major problems with the AirLines Ramp Personnel they are the guys or girls they when the plane lands at JFK they go into the bully of the plane and take out all MAILS and Luggage then they bring all the mail into the facility, now these Airlines Clerks DO NOT WORK FOR THE AIRLINES they are contracted workers only making $10-$12.00 an hour with little or no benefits. And these people are always trying to ROB and Take your packages and believe me it's a big problem at JFK. Years ago up to 1982 these airlines had their own people doing the ramp they were employed by the airlines making $25-$30.00 an hour with flying benefits do they were honest. As far as postal workers are concern we make a great salary $60,000 a year with overtime, we get 440 hours of vacation per year if employed over 12 years plus we get 4 hours of sick leave per check (2) pay checks per month so Postal Workers are not stealing your mail as they do not want to get fired. Postal inspectors try to catch these ramp clerks working for the airlines and they are doing the best they can. Here is a phone number that will connect you with the Tour Desk at ISC/JFK...718 553 7286. Good Luck to all...
Message 257 of 521
latest reply

ISC New York still VERY slow. Have a packag there for a while, smh. USPS is really getting pathetic.  ISC is NOT customs it's a sort facility used by USPS and a LOT of USPS offices don't even know that!!!  Just called my post office and the lady knew nothing of ISC or what it is!!!! wow 😞 

Message 258 of 521
latest reply

Well here's the latest , my package moved through and out of ICS in three days ,  was taken to Garden City and stayed there for two days and has arrived from ICS to my house in NC .

Total,   approx one week .

Message 259 of 521
latest reply

I have a package that I ordered from Thailand and the tracking number says that it was processed through ISC New York on July 2nd. today is the 16th and it still has not moved at all from ISC. Wth?! USPS needs to get with it. It's no wonder noone likes to use the postal service anymore. Smh
Message 260 of 521
latest reply

\g.

Message 261 of 521
latest reply

Thanks for the Info, The USPS lost my Package at ISC /JFK 8 months ago and they claimed it was shipped to Destination and it was not . I called the 1-800 number on the Custom Declration form and explained  the situation,on my lost package that I am waiting for the last 8 months. He said well go and write to your congress representative about your issue.  After reading your note I realized what has happened to my Package. But the USPS is covering it up, Thanks to you I know now.

Message 262 of 521
latest reply

Well after reading everybody's posts, I don't have much to ask or say anymore, at least not yet. I just checked my tracking for a package from Indonesia to the US aka me... Says processed through ISC NY USPS on August 31st. I'm used to waiting, as long as I get it I'm happy...well not if it takes months but a week or two I'm ok with. Either way there's nothing I can do lol, I'm way over in Texas anyhow... But, I wish you all good luck and safe recieval of your packages. I admit, USPS can suck, but its not the workers, I know several personally and like rcom7177 says, their benefits are awesome, and the pay is not shabby whatsoever... It's not them we need to worry about, if anything, these robbers, are any of you seriously surprised that packages wouldn't be stolen by **bleep** off low paid **bleep**s? It's the chance we all take when ordering from overseas, we all know that you've got about 1/3 chance of receiving it, 1/3 chance customs will seize it...or "lose it", and 1/3 chance some scavenger theif will Jack it from JFK. That's why I never pay for what I order until it arrives but that's cuz I got lucky and earned trust. Anyway, don't blame the awesome people like rcom7177.... Let's just hope all gets in order and becomes apeedier... Eventually. Ok, well, my first post here so, I've said enough lol, excuse the novel...I'll be back to update others on the speed of my delivery and to check on others. If u read this whole thing...lol, thanks 😉
Message 263 of 521
latest reply

Wanted to say kudos, instead of pressing the button lol. 😉
Message 264 of 521
latest reply

Just called ISC/JFK at that 1 (718) 553-7286 number, and the CS rep flat out lied to me and wouldn't even allow me to give her the tracking number! She put it off on the Post Master here saying they aren't responsible for the packages coming there!......hold up....if you're not responsible, why in the hell is YOUR FACILITY in the tracking information?????
Anywho, I called the local Post Office and spoke with the PMG and she laughed and actually asked for the tracking number and located it in seconds! It's listed as being held in customs.
That's all that rude CS rep at ISC had to do.
So if you decide to call ISC/NY concerning your package.....be ready to get more frustrated than you're already are! Just call your local Post Office and ask for the Post Master.
Hope this helps and hope you finally get your items.
Message 265 of 521
latest reply

Pckage from Estonia:  Processed Through Sort Facility, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS), August 31, 2015 12:24 am

Processed Through Sort FacilityISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)August 31, 2015 12:24 am

25 days now and waiting...

Message 266 of 521
latest reply

Where is this ap?

Message 267 of 521
latest reply

I ordered a package a month ago September 12 went to India got processed now in my Isco processed through facility and says I'm route to deliver how long does this take
Message 268 of 521
latest reply

USPS IS THE POSTER FOR THE MOST INEFFICENT BUSINESS IN AMERICAN.ALL I CAN SAY IS HIDE THE STEAK KNIVES IF YOU GO THERE TO GET AN ANSWER.

Message 269 of 521
latest reply

Abandon hope all ye who enter!Smiley Very Happy

Message 270 of 521
latest reply