cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does Processed Through Sort Facility ISC New York (USPS) means?

juzmoon
Enthusiast

Hi,

I am selling my bag collection internationally and one the bag is going to US. Using the tracking service provided by USPS, the tracking shows :

Processed Through Sort Facility

February 12, 2012, 12:38 pm

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) 

Registered Mail™

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Processed Through Sort Facility

February 10, 2012, 4:35 pm

SINGAPORE, SINGAPORE

Does that mean that my buyer has received the item? What is happening? Appreciate any advise.

Thanks

Message 1 of 521
latest reply
520 REPLIES 520

Re: What does Processed Through Sort Facility ISC New York (USPS) means?

did you ever get your package?

Message 226 of 521
latest reply

No - the package is still (apparently) at ISC NY.  I've purchased from England, France, Germany, The Netherlands, Canada - and shipped to all those locations as well as Australia - and have never had any issues.  I have no explanation for the delay on this package.  It definitely arrived in NY and there is nothing to indicate that it ever left - either handed off for delivery in the US or returned to sender. 

Message 227 of 521
latest reply

keating1960
Adventurer

I have ordered from China & now Russia. I was slightly alarmed when my recent russian purchase appeared to be stuck with the message "Processed Through Sort Facility " In NY with no status change in 3 days since 4/1/2015. Checking this morning it has suddenly popped up at my local post office and is apparently on it's way out for delivery. There were no tracking updates between NY and Tucson. Normally I would expect stuff to hit Phoenix sorting center and you KNOW it must have made stops in-between. USPS tracking is spotty at best. Any "lost" packages could very well have been handed off from the customs release and who knows where they are are really in the pipeline. Total of 15 days from ordering ro receipt from Russia for my experience--not too shabby.

April 4, 2015 , 6:41 am

Departed USPS Facility

TUCSON, AZ 85726 

Message 228 of 521
latest reply

lmao
Message 229 of 521
latest reply

To state the obvious, these facilities are storing the items for extended periods of time. The obvious is not always recognized. If shipments come in faster than they go out, the volume of storage must be continuously increased. A bucket runs over if water is added faster than it is removed.

Storage space is costly.

I had one that stayed at ISC Chicago for 15 days, then showed up at my local Post Ofice and delivered to me. The USPS almost always does a very good job with my mail and I think the ISC is the Customs facility.

Message 230 of 521
latest reply

It seems like it might be a customs issue. What was the order?

Message 231 of 521
latest reply

It was a vintage (not antique) designer label velvet jacket. Simple style.  No embellishments that would cause issues.   I did check with the local post office before bidding just to make sure there would be no issues with it getting through customs and was assured that it would be fine. 

It processed through the sort facility in Milan on March 24 2014 and processed through the sort facility ISC New York on March 26 2014 - and there it sits..... for over a year!

The seller said that he put two traces on the package for me but has been unable to get any additional information.

Message 232 of 521
latest reply

It seems like the ICS has a full bucket and it takes a long time to process.  I have had a package there since April 2, 2015 and it is still there.  I am hoping it appears at my door soon......some day????  Maybe the option of a more expensive shipping is better?  I have had other shipments from China without any issues but I don't think they went through ICS New York.

@one.i wrote:

To state the obvious, these facilities are storing the items for extended periods of time. The obvious is not always recognized. If shipments come in faster than they go out, the volume of storage must be continuously increased. A bucket runs over if water is added faster than it is removed.

Storage space is costly.

I had one that stayed at ISC Chicago for 15 days, then showed up at my local Post Ofice and delivered to me. The USPS almost always does a very good job with my mail and I think the ISC is the Customs facility.

Message 233 of 521
latest reply

I have a package (model train) that was mailed to me from the UK on 4/1/2015, left the UK on 4/2/2015, was updated with " Processed through sort facility ISC New York NY(USPS) " on 4/4/2015, today is 4/14/2015 with no further updates.  Destination address is 60 miles from new york city.  USPS can't tell me anything.   I notified the seller / sender that it seems to be delayed.   Can only hope for the best I guess.  The reply below regarding the item that has been in the ISC for over a year does not make me feel too nice.....

Message 234 of 521
latest reply

The delays are ridiculous at ISC New York.  I just had a package go through ISC Chicago and it got delivered 3 days after it went through, but ISC New York is a different story.  I've had a package there since 4/8/15 and have received no updates yet.  Contacting USPS is useless because they can't (or won't) tell you anything.  Grrr.........

Message 235 of 521
latest reply

OK, I want to share this data point and hopefully ease some anxities since this is a popular topic. 

I just got off the phone (after being bounced around by USPS) to a US Customs rep in JFK. I told her my situation (packaged delayed since April 1st) and gave my tracking. She told me that ISC New York (USPS) is NOT customs. It is basically a very large post office, or as the name suggest, international sort center . Essentially parcels that come off the plane in JFK are first manually inspected (x-ray, radar, visual) and those that require more scutiny will go to customs, the others will go to ISC.

She said that if you see "Processed Through Sort Facility ISC New York (USPS)" then your item is at the ISC post office in JFK waiting to be transferred (by plane or vehicle) to your local post office, depending on how far you are from JFK. These parcels will NOT go through customs. If it does go through customs the scan would say "Inbound into customs" first, before being processed through the ISC.  

Hope this helps. It is solely a USPS issue and not customs as I've commonly heard. They suck and at this point it's just a waiting game...I'll try to find a good phone number for ISC and share it with ya'll. 

Message 236 of 521
latest reply

Best of luck on the phone number.  I've now spoken to three postmasters at three different locations.  They've all told me that ISC is customs and they are unable to help until the tracking shows that it is now in the hands of the post office.  I'm eagerly awaiting your info as my package has been stuck there for over a year.

Message 237 of 521
latest reply

Inspector General put out a report today soliciting comments on the new sorting machines. Apparently these have just been rolled out in 5 pilot testing locations at/around February of this year. If so that explains the heavy delays, mis-routing, and automatic rejects that the machine gives for "unreadable" address which prompts a return to sender. Even domestic packages with priority 2 day shipping are being delayed 10 or so days. My shipment on tradesy is caught up in this mess and my buyer two states away isn't happy (understandibly, I'm going through the same thing w/ my parcel from China). 

https://www.uspsoig.gov/audit-asks/what-do-you-think-new-package-sorter 

http://www.news.ruralinfo.net/2015/04/what-do-you-think-of-the-new-package-sorter-office-of-inspecto...

Message 238 of 521
latest reply

Servicio de mierda 14 dos tiene mi pedido de estar con ustedes y no sea movido
Message 239 of 521
latest reply

Hola! I don't think you are allowed to use that word when posting even if it is in Spanish  Buenas Tardeshappy emo.gif!

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 240 of 521
latest reply