cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does Processed Through Sort Facility ISC New York (USPS) means?

juzmoon
Enthusiast

Hi,

I am selling my bag collection internationally and one the bag is going to US. Using the tracking service provided by USPS, the tracking shows :

Processed Through Sort Facility

February 12, 2012, 12:38 pm

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) 

Registered Mail™

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

February 10, 2012, 4:35 pm

SINGAPORE, SINGAPORE

Does that mean that my buyer has received the item? What is happening? Appreciate any advise.

Thanks

Message 1 of 521
latest reply
520 REPLIES 520

Re: Been waiting over a month and a half now for the ISC New York to get things moving again....!

Try calling USPS (I usually call my local post office to start the process) on the phone and tell them about this. I've had very good results more than once in recovering stuck or missing shipments and even re-routing mis-addressed shipments on the fly.

They have been very helpful and agressive about pushing things through bottlenecks for me.

♥☆¨*:•Isn't it amazing what people of good will can Un-Accomplish when they work together!..•:*¨¨*☆♥

——————————————o00o——°(_)°——o00o————————————————

Message 196 of 521
latest reply

Re: Been waiting over a month and a half now for the ISC New York to get things moving again....!

After it said departed from New York, NY 10199, did the tracking status update after that, like it would say, "Arrival at Post Office"? Or was just delivered after it said departed from New York, NY 10199, and was that the last tracking status you got?

@dummysmack201 wrote:

I don't know if this was a gift from the mail gods, sheer luck, or the fact that it's final destination was here in NY but:

July 31, 2014 , 11:49 pm

Departed USPS Facility

NEW YORK, NY 10199 

Your item departed our USPS facility in NEW YORK, NY 10199 on July 31, 2014 at 11:49 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

July 31, 2014 , 6:10 pm

Arrived at USPS Facility

NEW YORK, NY 10199 

July 31, 2014 , 10:20 am

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) 

July 30, 2014 , 9:25 pm

HONG KONG AIR MAIL CENTRE, HONG KONG

July 30, 2014 , 4:27 pm

Acceptance

HONG KONG

I ended up receiving the item at 1:10pm on August 1st.  Hope this gives some of you hope.

@dummysmack201 wrote:

I don't know if this was a gift from the mail gods, sheer luck, or the fact that it's final destination was here in NY but:

July 31, 2014 , 11:49 pm

Departed USPS Facility

NEW YORK, NY 10199 

Your item departed our USPS facility in NEW YORK, NY 10199 on July 31, 2014 at 11:49 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

July 31, 2014 , 6:10 pm

Arrived at USPS Facility

NEW YORK, NY 10199 

July 31, 2014 , 10:20 am

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) 

July 30, 2014 , 9:25 pm

HONG KONG AIR MAIL CENTRE, HONG KONG

July 30, 2014 , 4:27 pm

Acceptance

HONG KONG

I ended up receiving the item at 1:10pm on August 1st.  Hope this gives some of you hope.

Message 197 of 521
latest reply

The ISC itself is a bad apple.  Please get rid of it

Message 198 of 521
latest reply

I am in the UK, mailed a letter with registered mail on May 9th and still not arrrived?
Please someone advise me what to do?!

This is all the info I get from USPS.

Tracking Number: RN0301*****GB

in-transit

Product & Tracking Information
Postal Product:
Features:
  • Registered Mail
Date & TimeStatus of ItemLocation

May 10, 2014 , 10:37 pm

ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS) 

Your item has been processed through our sort facility in ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS) at 10:37 pm on May 10, 2014.

Message 199 of 521
latest reply

ISC means "International Sorting Center" which is a USPS warehouse where packages rest to get over their jet lag (& perhaps to clear customs and get sorted out for delivery). Some are there for a day and others are there for weeks.

Message 200 of 521
latest reply

sweet snipe Slo......

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 201 of 521
latest reply

THIS IS BULL **bleep** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 202 of 521
latest reply

My package was in fact, never delivered. I contacted the post office and they stated "I'm not sure what happened exactly but your package was returned to sender." - Seriously?! The updating process could be improved.
Message 203 of 521
latest reply

I find that strange that this happens to you guys, any time I have ordered something via mail from overseas & it goes to the ISC, it's never been held up, stolen, or mis-shipped O_O.

Message 204 of 521
latest reply

I got this, I wasn't home/in the office at the time of initial delivery and now my package seems to be heading further and further away from me???? What is going on? Are they gonig to return to sender all the way around the world just because they couldn't deliver it the first time??????

Arrived at Sort Facility

Oct-22-14, 07:36 AM, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

Oct-22-14, 07:36 AM, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

Unclaimed

Oct-22-14, 07:36 AM, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS), NY 11430

Arrived at USPS Facility

Oct-22-14, 05:11 AM, JAMAICA, NY 11430

Departed USPS Facility

Oct-21-14, 20:23 PM, FLUSHING, NY 11351

Arrived at USPS Facility

Oct-21-14, 17:41 PM, FLUSHING, NY 11351

Arrived at USPS Facility

Oct-21-14, 05:39 AM, FOREST HILLS, NY 11375

Business Closed

Oct-14-14, 16:39 PM, FOREST HILLS, NY 11375

Out for Delivery

Oct-14-14, 09:10 AM, FOREST HILLS, NY 11375

Sorting Complete

Oct-14-14, 09:00 AM, FOREST HILLS, NY 11375

Arrived at Post Office

Oct-14-14, 04:03 AM, FOREST HILLS, NY 11375

Inbound Out of Customs

Oct-12-14, 03:09 AM

Arrived at USPS Facility

Oct-11-14, 23:02 PM, FLUSHING, NY 11351

Inbound Into Customs

Oct-10-14, 09:19 AM, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

Oct-08-14, 04:39 AM, GUANGZHOU EMS

Acceptance

Oct-07-14, 18:34 PM

Message 205 of 521
latest reply

That's what it looks like to me. You might try to have the post office intercept this package by calling them right away. Your local branch will do.

Message 206 of 521
latest reply

Try an em dash:

————————ooOO———°(_)°——oOOo———————

Message 207 of 521
latest reply

Thanks, it looks better now!

Message 208 of 521
latest reply

Isn't there any way to find out the status of something held up in customs?  I've gone to the post office multiple times and all they go is shrug and say it's not their problem.  I bought a jacket (not fur, not wool..... just a used velvet jacket) - and it's been stuck in customs for almost 8 months.   Even my postal carrier said it's insane.  She took the tracking to her supervisor - but got no further than I did.  Any suggestions?

Product & Tracking Information  

Postal Product:

Features:
  • Registered Mail
Date & TimeStatus of ItemLocation

March 26, 2014 , 8:38 am

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) 

Your item has been processed through our sort facility in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 8:38 am on March 26, 2014.

March 24, 2014 , 7:44 am

MILANO P. BORROMEO P.A.E., ITALY

Message 209 of 521
latest reply

It looks like your package hasn't left the sort facility yet. You might get better results if you call your local Post Master. He or she should have the ability to have your shipment recovered or found and the shipping expedited.

Message 210 of 521
latest reply