cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SELLER BEWARE: No returns accepted means returns accepted!

Ebay is a complete joke.

I had an auction that clearly stated no returns accepted. The buyer opened a case and eBay decided it in his favor. I called them and asked how the buyer could possibly win the case when it says no returns accepted and they basically told me they side on the buyers most of the time. He told me that no returns accepted basically means nothing at all.

Message 1 of 327
latest reply
326 REPLIES 326

even if that was pinned to the top BD...I doubt the members here who've had problems ....would have actually seen or read it !

Ebay should do more to educate buyers & sellers !

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 16 of 327
latest reply

They Side With The Buyer All The Time..The Fact eBay Even Gives Sellers The Click Of "No Returns" Is A Joke...I'm Very Disappointed With My Selling Experience On eBay

Message 17 of 327
latest reply

Hi Dragon - You are correct - "no returns" is not a good idea when selling on eBay.  There are a lot of very experienced sellers that frequent this board.  Come on back and ask questions about how to avoid the most common pitfalls of selling on eBay.

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 18 of 327
latest reply

it is not posted on the mobile app from which I placed the auction too 

Message 19 of 327
latest reply

yzingerr706 wrote:

it is not posted on the mobile app from which I placed the auction too 

It what, exactly?

Newt
“Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country and giving it to the rich people of a poor country”. Ron Paul
Message 20 of 327
latest reply

It Would Be Nice If Selling On eBay Was Like Day To Day Life...It Is The Responsibility Of The Buyer To Determine The Merchant's Return Policy Before Making A Purchase. 

Message 21 of 327
latest reply

It would also be nice if I had wings and could fly through the air rather than wearing out my shoes by walking.

Neither of those is likely but my wings are more likely than online buyers being made more responsible for their purchases.

As far as "day to day life" goes, if I buy an item from The Big Box Store and it doesn't work right, I'll take it back for a refund and be very upset if that does not happen smoothly and without hassle - this after being able to handle and try out a similar item.

I have totally quit using a retailer whose name starts with a "K" and ends in Mart because they gave me grief over a return.  Those of us who sell on Ebay don't want to lose buyes forever because some other seller gave them grief.

Newt
“Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country and giving it to the rich people of a poor country”. Ron Paul
Message 22 of 327
latest reply

I do not enjoy liars or being called one for that matter..I am not a business If I were I would not be selling stuff on eBay .

The state i live in a store can have any type of return policy it desires - including not allowing returns - as long as the policy is clearly and conspicuously disclosed to the buyer before the time of purchase. A return policy printed on a receipt, but not posted in the store, would not qualify, as the buyer would be unable to access it before the purchase. A merchant cannot misrepresent the return policy or fail to honor it after the sale.

It is the responsibility of the buyer to determine the merchant's return policy before making a purchase.

Message 23 of 327
latest reply

People Just Take Advantage...They Should Have Buyer Protection But They Need Seller Protection As Well 

Message 24 of 327
latest reply

dragon1588 wrote:

I do not enjoy liars or being called one for that matter..I am not a business If I were I would not be selling stuff on eBay .

If that was aimed at me then I'm sorry you think I called you a liar or even hinted that you were.  That was certainly not my intention.  I merely think you are wishing for things that will not happen on Ebay.

dragon1588 wrote:

The state i live in a store can have any type of return policy it desires - including not allowing returns - as long as the policy is clearly and conspicuously disclosed to the buyer before the time of purchase. 

I'm sure that is true but the reality is that when you sell on Ebay, you are subject to their rules rather than those of your home state.

Newt
Message 25 of 327
latest reply

I'm Sorry Not Directed At You..I Agree 

Message 26 of 327
latest reply

Dragon, it is the responsiblity of the seller to learn about how ebay works - there is no such thing as no returns on ebay.
thanks to the 45day window for refunds from paypal.

this could be a potential problem anywhere you sell online, not just ebay. credit card companies give people longer than 45 days even to file a chargeback...
Message 27 of 327
latest reply

I didn't know any of this. But in order to get their money back under the Buyer Protection, they still have to return the item, right?!
Message 28 of 327
latest reply

if you have a return policy, if you put NO RETURNS I WILL NOT ACCEPT RETURNS etc all over the place... you are basically saying, I dont want the item back, keep it and enjoy your refund. 😉
Message 29 of 327
latest reply

@jah54 wrote:
I didn't know any of this. But in order to get their money back under the Buyer Protection, they still have to return the item, right?!

Short answer, yes. Long answer, depends.

If you use "Returns Not Accepted", can/will eBay assume you don't want item returned?

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 30 of 327
latest reply