cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SELLER BEWARE: No returns accepted means returns accepted!

Ebay is a complete joke.

I had an auction that clearly stated no returns accepted. The buyer opened a case and eBay decided it in his favor. I called them and asked how the buyer could possibly win the case when it says no returns accepted and they basically told me they side on the buyers most of the time. He told me that no returns accepted basically means nothing at all.

Message 1 of 327
latest reply
326 REPLIES 326

I had the same thing happen.

Message 2 of 327
latest reply

It's really too bad you didn't find us on this forum a few years ago...you would have went into that claim with knowledge....so basically...DUH....no "returns" is not the same as no "refunds"...it just means you don't want your item back before you refund.

Lots to learn here.....be prepared for anything..!

Message 3 of 327
latest reply

I listed a item as canada shipping only, a ignorant person who cant read bid on the item and wanted me to ship to cali.. I canceled the transaction. That bidder gave me neg feedback cause i wouldnt ship to cali.. Ebay told me they couldnt remove the neg feedback from him.

Ebay will never get 1 penny from myself again.

Message 4 of 327
latest reply

Once again..."saying" you don't ship somewhere doesn't mean "blocking" an intl. bidder/buyer.

Refer to<><>
Account Tab>Site Preferences>Shipping Preferences>Shipping Exclusions>

Buyer Requirements>Block buyers who>
Lots of options.....

Message 5 of 327
latest reply

Welcome to The Part Timers Forum. Sorry this happened to you but surely you noticed?

No_Returns.jpg

photo BoyScratchingHead.jpg

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 6 of 327
latest reply

so what is the point of putting no returns accepted?

Message 7 of 327
latest reply

@yzingerr706 wrote:

None what-so-ever! Use 14 day and be a step closer to TRS status.....

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 8 of 327
latest reply

It will make a lot of buyers pause before bidding on your item!

Buyers can always open up a case with ebay.  The key is to responding correctly  to the case - select the option to have the buyer return it for refund.

I don't really want RETURNS either, but since I might have to give a REFUND, I figure if I can't beat 'em, join 'em.

All my listings say that I accept returns, buyer pays return shipping.

Message 9 of 327
latest reply

It means no returns for buyer's remorse.

Message 10 of 327
latest reply

yzinger- Most of us already know this, but I think it's a great reminder.  Nobody likes returns, but it's just what we have to do once in a while.  Cost of business I guess.

Yamaha- Please stop calling your buyer "ignorant".  Your situation was a one in a billion kind of listing that no USA buyer could have guessed at.  You should have blocked USA buyers from bidding in the first place.  You are more responsible in this than your buyer, IMO.

Message 11 of 327
latest reply

I'm sorry this happened to you. I, too had this happen with a $150 electronic item which was brand new, SEALED and listed as a no return item b/c of condition. Buyer immediately wanted a refund. He claimed it did not work. So Ebay decided in his favor, was asked to return item to me. Never received item (went to wrong address) and he got his refund. I went ahead and caused a big stink about it, because I felt like he was taking advantage of the EBP and after researching knew he was trying to pull a scam. 

I found out this guy was doing it to other buyers. I heard of this scam where they buy an item with the intent to return a used item (not yours) and get a free replacement plus their money back. What tipped me off was his willingness to pay a 30% restock fee. If an item was legitimately corrupt and not working, I refuse to pay one red cent for an item. This buyer should have kept his mouth shut and not have written "Refund given, thank you" on the exact same item (different seller)  I just sold him.

Ebay says they are working on the Ebay Protection Program...guess there has been alot of abuse. Sellers, report and fight even if you don't think it will make a difference. Because if all they hear is the buyers complaints, that is all they have to go by. I got my money back and hope you guys can recoup your losses as well if this happens to you. Good luck!

Message 12 of 327
latest reply

Wow CSB, thanks for sharing.

Its unfortunate that we live in a world where its actually beneficial to be a criminal with very little repercussions.

Ebay is walking that fine line too...

Message 13 of 327
latest reply

Welcome to eBay where the buyer can buy your item, use it for 45 days and return it when they're done with it for a full refund including the original shipping they paid. 

Message 14 of 327
latest reply