eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Gifts

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

bluemountainretailers
Community Member

Re: PayPal Unclaimed Payment

in reply to hidy-hoo

Now that's funny!:^O

"Don't close your eyes! They can still hit you with your eyes closed!" - my son's Karate Sensei :smileyvery-happy:
hidy-hoo
Community Member

in reply to hidy-hoo

Lebowski?:smileysurprised:

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!  winking fire flame photo: smile flame smiley_fire.gif

komokwa
Community Member

in reply to hidy-hoo

Dear Hoo , I would never refer to you as a HOE !!]:smileyhappy:

Calling someone a garden tool is unforgiveable !:^O

But I know Ibuy as the Sniper Queen......:-x

And you seem to be a Snipper of some sort......;-)

So yes ....I'm confused ?????:smileysurprised:

That said........( & no one ever gets this choice..)

What would you like to be called ???

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
ibuy6262
Community Member

in reply to hidy-hoo

Now I am really going to confuse you - Had to use this ID because I ran out of my 10 allowed posts until my feedback reaches 10.

Between this board and one other, the new ID has been called HH, Heidi, hidy, ho, and hoo.  Hoo is OK as long as it is pronounced "who" as in "woo-hoo" and not "ho" and in "hoe":-p

I rescued my dog and he rescued me!!
komokwa
Community Member

in reply to hidy-hoo

That's BANG on !!!!!

A good choice.... I ...I.... I'm not sure who you are anymore !!!:-x

\..

........Hi Hoo...& Welcome to the PT Board !!!

Do you know a Mr. Hanky ????...:^O

hidy-hoo
Community Member

in reply to hidy-hoo

How about this one?

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!  winking fire flame photo: smile flame smiley_fire.gif

komokwa
Community Member

in reply to hidy-hoo

That's great Hoo.

I hope it's what you needed.

now...maybe you wanna give this ID a new avatar ??

hidy-hoo
Community Member

in reply to hidy-hoo

I relaxed and ......... they called me:-D.  She was online with PayPal when she called, so I walked her through putting in another email address, and BINGO, the payment went through.  Now, lets see if I can get through another week without having to ask for help - thanks minty and honda :-x 

mintrobmint
Community Member

in reply to hidy-hoo

Trust me.....if they are a seasonal seller.....they will send you plenty of "where's my money" emails real soon...:^O

Sit back, relax and MAKE THEM contact you..

ibuy6262
Community Member

in reply to hidy-hoo

Hi again Mint - Their last sale was well over a year ago - they only buy and sell occasionally and have a feedback score of 34.  It looks like they just sell off older computers and accessories every couple of years.

I sent them an email using the address that PayPal had, and got a message from the "mailer demon" that it was undeliverable.  I'm thinking that they just forgot to update PayPal with their new email address - which doesn't help me, so just have to wait and see if they call be before the other auction ends.  Thanks for your help!!

mintrobmint
Community Member

in reply to hidy-hoo

From my past experience ibuy....if a payment is unclaimed, the usual suspect is they "accidently" entered the wrong PayPal email in the description....or, (talking about iphones) before the new mobile update...when revising a listing, would wipe out the paypal addy on the sellers end.

Check their selling history....if they have indeed made recent sales...the chances of them NOT having a paypal addy is slim.

ibuy6262
Community Member

in reply to hidy-hoo

Uh ibuy....if the person is not registered....then how can they open a uid?

Sheesh - going from one ID to another is a real pain!!  Hey, chico (:^O), they are registered on eBay, but their email address is incorrect on PayPal.  I called PayPal and they did tell me that they would not be able to leave feedback or file a UID if I cancel, but from what I learned from a very savvy poster, is that you can do just about anything from a smart phone;-).

Thanks Honda, I used the link to get their info and left them a message (they wern't home) and also emailed them.  If I don't hear from them by 5:30 my time, I will cancel and bid on the other item - and I thought eBay was supposed to be fun!!

hondamedic
Community Member

in reply to hidy-hoo

Heidi, if you really want it, pull their info & call 'em!> http://www.ebay.com/sch/ebayadvsearch?_skipfnorm=1&_sofindtype=9

BBL: Blocked Bidder List... BIN: Buy It Now... BO: Best Offer... BR: Bid Retraction... DC: Delivery Confirmation

DSR: Detailed Seller Rating FB: Feedback FRB: Flat Rate Box FVF: Final Value Fee IPR: Immediate Payment Required

NARU: Not A Registered User OP: Original Poster OT: Off Topic PM: Priority Mail.... PS: Power Seller....

SNAD: Significantly Not As Described...... TRS: Top Rated Seller...... UIA: Unpaid Item Assistant..... UID: Unpaid Item Dispute
mintrobmint
Community Member

in reply to hidy-hoo

Just cancel the payment and be done with it chica..

mintrobmint
Community Member

in reply to hidy-hoo

Uh ibuy....if the person is not registered....then how can they open a uid?

hidy-hoo
Community Member

PayPal Unclaimed Payment

I snipped (:-D) and won an auction this morning on another ID and paid immediately.  I received a message from PayPal that the payment is "unclaimed" because the seller is "not registered".  PayPal has given me the option to cancel the payment.

I really want this widget - an accessory for my hand-me-down iPad1, and they are hard to find.  There is another auction for the same type of widget that ends this afternoon.  I have sent a message to the seller asking "what's up?".  

Anyone else ever have this problem?  If I cancel the payment, can the seller open a UID against me?