Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

I want information about this word Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

That might mean that the package was given to a Shipping Store...

(Postal Annex, Mailbox Plus, UPS Store)

And that they are packing it.

Just Guessing....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Toy: 1996 Adamas 1881 ;  photo d3c27a4e-2de6-48e4-8a38-73242748826d_zpsbb3k8gvk.jpg
Message 2 of 35
latest reply

OMA...you look wierd "anytime" you play one of those headless critters !!

But the beard trim......very nice !!

As for the OP title.......more info as to the context it was used in would be very helpful.....

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 3 of 35
latest reply

kali-the-pup
Thrill-Seeker

OP, where did you order from?

Origin Post, may well refer to the fact

that the item has been processed into

the postal system of the country of origin.

Message 4 of 35
latest reply

Ok, the shipping  origin is from the Dominican Republic

from usa

I want information about this word Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

the tracking number is RR120196499DO usps view

Message 5 of 35
latest reply

kali-the-pup
Thrill-Seeker

I did find this on the USPS web site...

"Entry [facility] (or origin [facility]) refers to the USPS mail processing facility (e.g., "entry NDC") that serves the Post Office at which the mail is entered by the mailer."

I would hazzard a guess, that it means that your shipment has been entered in to the Postal System in the Dominican Republic and is being sorted for shipment.

That is just a guess.

Hopefully, bostongrammy can shed some light on this.

Message 6 of 35
latest reply

) refers to the USPS mail processing facility (e.g., "entry NDC") that serves the Post Office at which the mail is entered by the mailer."

I would hazzard a guess, that it means that your shipment has been entered in to the Postal System in the Dominican Republic and is being sorted for shipment.

That is just a guess.

Hopefully, bostongrammy can shed some light on this.

Yep, this is pretty much right.  I source stuff from China for my other user ID and I get this every time I order something, it's standard postal talk for "we're getting ready to put it on the plane or boat" depending on which way of shipping you paid for.

Message 7 of 35
latest reply

I ordered part of my Halloween costume from china 2 weeks ago, and it STILL says "origin post is preparing shipment"! Does this mean that it won't come in time for Halloween? I actually need it by the 27th!
Message 8 of 35
latest reply

Also, its supposed to come today.
Message 9 of 35
latest reply

It can take 4-6 weeks for things to arrive from China.

Glitch,Glitch,Glitch!!!
Message 10 of 35
latest reply

@vendettadeux wrote:
I ordered part of my Halloween costume from china 2 weeks ago, and it STILL says "origin post is preparing shipment"! Does this mean that it won't come in time for Halloween? I actually need it by the 27th!

Hahaha!  I ordered some water transfer nail art (glow in the dark stuff for my Halloween manicure) that I could only find on Etsy. I paid 1st week of October and I am still seeing the "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment".  The same seller is on eBay but only ships to Australia from eBay. Now I know why. They have probably been kicked off of selling on USA ebay for shipping time.

I wrote them yesterday to ask when they are going to ship it and they gave me a link to some tracking site....that's all in Chinese. Of course, I can't read it, but I bet I get them in time for Christmas.

Message 12 of 35
latest reply

Wheeee!

Tracking got updated this weekend, to "Processed through USPS Sort Facility" in Indianapolis, IN.

Still too late for this week's Halloween manicure. Oh well.

Message 13 of 35
latest reply

It means that the origin Post is preparing a shipment for dispatch. basically manifesting packages heading for the US. Most often, a foreign post will merge all of the packages going to one country and list a manifest of each individual package and their tracking numbers, if applicable. 

Once the container is full enough, it is passed to be dispatched. When the container is scanned, the status of all of the packages on the manifest will update. 

Message 14 of 35
latest reply

uhh Daisy....you just answered a post from sept 2012...........

before posting please look at the date of the 1st post.....then actually READ the thread....to see if a proper answer has been posted......

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 15 of 35
latest reply