cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nothing sells on eBay anymore what's up with that !

I remember when things used to get bids on eBay . Now nothing sells that I put up there unless it's so cheap I make nothing then all the fee's it just not worth bothering . Swap meet seems a better option at this point . Anyone else having same issues ?
Message 1 of 267
latest reply
266 REPLIES 266

What's a swap meet?

Merry Christmas.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 2 of 267
latest reply

If you're expecting to get retail prices on everyday items then yes, flea markets & yard sales are a better option. People can get decent cotton hoodies for $10 or less at major retailer's clearance sales. One of the problems I see is that sellers pay too much for their items then price them too high to try & make profits.  

Message 3 of 267
latest reply

you need to buy quality dirt cheap you need to do the leg work

Message 4 of 267
latest reply

Ebay is what it is. The market is pretty saturated with stuff. The US economy is doing better and more people are buying full retail, while fewer people are buying used goods on ebay.

There are certain items that sell well and you need to focus on those. There are niche markets that can be profitable. The more you work at it and the more research you do, the better your results will be. 

Message 5 of 267
latest reply

I am a new seller on Ebay.I was informed that an ipad I had listed had sold and now I am awaiting Payment.I was turned off by

Ebay wanting to charge fee before I make any money.Like for instance if you have them relist an item and it doesn't sell then you are stuck with an out of pocket fee.So after reading an Article stating that its better to sale on Amazon then Ebay then Amazon is who I am sticking with.There are no out of pocket fees and no selling limits.

Message 6 of 267
latest reply

BIDS?  WHATS A BID,  

I decided to just let stuff hangout on 30 BINS.  Some I allow offeres but other I keep price as is.

I do get WACKO offers of less than 1\2 price somtimes and just shake my head wondering why these buyers even think I am going to sell them a 100 item for 30 bucks.   They are just wasting thier & my time.

Message 7 of 267
latest reply

@smiley88_2009 wrote:

I am a new seller on Ebay.I was informed that an ipad I had listed had sold and now I am awaiting Payment.I was turned off by

Ebay wanting to charge fee before I make any money.Like for instance if you have them relist an item and it doesn't sell then you are stuck with an out of pocket fee.So after reading an Article stating that its better to sale on Amazon then Ebay then Amazon is who I am sticking with.There are no out of pocket fees and no selling limits.

Post is from a few days ago

You need to file an unpaid item dispute.

Read more here.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/unpaid-item-assistant.html

@smiley88_2009

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 8 of 267
latest reply

Thx I Just set my settings to unpaid item checker.
Message 9 of 267
latest reply

Agree Amazon is the way to go and that's what most people are doing . Nobody wants to be out of pocket before they even sell anything . They offer lots of free listing then start charging you when it auto realists .
Message 10 of 267
latest reply

@4659655 wrote:
Agree Amazon is the way to go and that's what most people are doing . Nobody wants to be out of pocket before they even sell anything . They offer lots of free listing then start charging you when it auto realists . 

I guess you missed this  post from one of our regulars:

BTW -- Amazon's fees are higher than eBay's (and a lot more complicated)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=1161240

Message 11 of 267
latest reply

There will be fees wherever you sell. And if there aren't monetary fees, there are costs involved- even listing items on craigslist requires an investment in your time and effort to meet someone who may or may not show up at the designated meeting place.

The grass is always greener. Then, we have the other side of the coin, some people will complain about everything instead of putting the effort in to make a system work for them. The regular posters here are the latter, the ones that seem to flood our board lately are the former.

Personally, I do buy a lot from Amazon. But I only buy new items and only if they are sold by amazon, not private sellers. If I do buy from other sellers, then they are big box sellers that offer free shipping. Amazon's buyer protection is even more strict than ebay's, so if you aren't willing to refund or return for refund, good luck there. I think that amazon does so well is that is screens sellers- I make jewelry and I cannot sell on amazon without meeting very strict criteria, including having my own website- so that they don't have bad sellers.

If you are a good seller, have a lot of product, are willing to take returns, can ship same day, and want to pay higher fees, then by all means, try it. My bet is that you will be back to ebay at some point.

And, in addition, you must have professional quality pictures to sell on amazon. People pay more there because they expect more.

All I can say is good bye and good luck.

Message 12 of 267
latest reply

Three years ago everything had multiple bids and same style items . Good stuff . I don't think it's me . My prices are very reasonable . You can't go too low or you will lose money with the fees . Just look out there zero bids on almost everything . It's gone down and that's just the way it is . I'll still buy some things but unlike Craigslist you have fees and takes the same amount of time and effort with more local viewers . I have always liked Ebay but it's not what it used to be . Fact !
Message 13 of 267
latest reply

@4659655 wrote:
Three years ago everything had multiple bids and same style items . Good stuff . I don't think it's me . My prices are very reasonable . You can't go too low or you will lose money with the fees . Just look out there zero bids on almost everything . It's gone down and that's just the way it is . I'll still buy some things but unlike Craigslist you have fees and takes the same amount of time and effort with more local viewers . I have always liked Ebay but it's not what it used to be . Fact !

You don't seem to be listening to what other people are trying to tell you. If your'e unwilling to change your selling technique then move on. We hear the same complaints over & over. Ebay doesn't care if you leave. There are tons  of new sellers coming in every day. Many will flake out because they are clueless but lots of new sellers will be successful. They are the ones that came in with a business strategy, they did their homework. If you think an unbranded hoodie for $25.00 is a great deal then I can see why you're frustrated. Quality brand name items sold at a competitive price. Buy at less than cost.  Know you will have some over head. It's not rocket science. 

I agree with demarl; goody bye & good luck.

Message 14 of 267
latest reply

I agree with you....I can't sell anything either. Most buyers want to give you nothing for your items. I can't even make a profit. I think the problem with Ebay is they are run like the government. You have this stupid seller performance. I have been warned a few times about seller performance. I think Amazon is a better platform. 

Message 15 of 267
latest reply