cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My auction says No Returns, isn't that my right !

Even though the option exists in your listing of " No Returns ", unfortunately that does not mean No Refunds !!

The Ebay Buyer Protection Plan over rides your policy, and almost guarantees that a claim filed against you ( such as a SNAD..) will result in the buyer getting a refund without having to return your item to you.

While this is not fair, you can prevent this from happening in the future by changing you auction listings to ' accept returns'.

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 1 of 461
latest reply
460 REPLIES 460

your ability to dredge up old posts never ceases to amaze me, but i just read the thread you lifted my quotes from ( or echoed my words, cuz you didn't quote me) and find your timing to be spot on. !

Yes the advice here is tangible , specially when the No Returns is thought of as NO REFUNDS..

Sure eBlech offers the choice of stating No Returns , but like their  fine offer of a 99 cent auction, it usually works against the seller, in a myriad of ways, not least of which is the buyer getting to keep the sellers goods, and their money .

I doubt even OMA would register a protest at this fine thread being resurrected , when it's needed.

Bump it at your leisure. 🙂

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 121 of 461
latest reply

kali-the-pup
Thrill-Seeker

Bump it at your leisure. 🙂

Thanks komo, don't mind if I do...

BUMP!!! B-)

Message 122 of 461
latest reply

The case of "Double Buy!"

Another seller that used No Returns Accepted, buyer files false SNAD (Buyer bought same item from another seller. And you should read how seller packaged item that buyer claims arrived "broken".), eBay finds in buyers favor, refunds from seller and buyer keeps item.

And you might want to find this sellers buyer for your BBL, quite a few Negs left.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 123 of 461
latest reply

ducmarc
Enthusiast

OR eBay could simply get rid of the little tick box. If "no returns" means nothing, why give a potential seller the illusion that it does??? That's like putting an ashtray on a restaurant table, then kicking a patron out for lighting up.

I spoke to an Ebay rep not too long ago about a different issue and afterwards brought some questions I had about  "refunds"  to the table.  I've also learned, depending on who you speak with at Ebay, each representative (3) gave me 3 different answers and I think the reason why is because nothing about the "refund" policy is 100% concrete yet and perhaps they are still working on some instructions????  

I had asked about refunds for different items.  I asked the Ebay Reps how can a seller sell handbags, makeup, jewelry, perfume, clothes, etc - pretty much "wear-able" items and then allow the buyers 45 days to return them.  I explained to ebay about my items, how buyers can wear them, take parts off, - use them and then return them.  There are very few stores that allow buyers to return items if used or worn or missing parts.   Each Ebay rep did tell me that it's still important to document your (the Seller's) terms of service, because if a case is opened, then Ebay looks at the item add, the dates of delivery (having a tracking number at all times now will be important), and the Seller's terms to make their decision. 

Each Ebay Rep was very understanding of my concerns and for now, as a Seller I still have rights of what refund I will allow - if in fact my add describes every detail and leaves nothing out.  Time for "book writing." 

I was also told that in answer to many of the items being sent back to the Seller (the number of cases opened) are using the "Not As Described" reason, and seller not allowing refunds) - is the change of how refunds will be handled.  Kind of like the shipping fees.  :_|

So, I will for now, keep setting my adds up in such detail as possible that leaves nothing out and will keep noting my terms of refund that best fits the items I have for sale.

Now another interesting statement from one Rep was also about Electronics and "New" items for sale.  Keep in mind that most department stores offer a 30 day refund/return policy for new items, even if you find on week 3, the electronic item you bought is not working - you take it back to the department store and get an exchange (Sellers selling Electronics - keep that in mind) or if an exchange is not available - the buyer gets their money back and the Seller (dept store) sends their merchandise back to the manufacturer for warranty, repair, or even a new item.    As a Seller, you set your terms for a fair refund/exchange in the beginning so if something should happen - Ebay will still want you to try to work it out with the buyer first and by listing your terms of refund, then the buyer will have some "real" decision making to do before they purchase your item.

Ebay also stated that if it's a New item being sold, and the buyer within the 45 days after wants a refund, it must be returned in the same exact order it was received.  The price tags cannot be removed, no opened perfume bottles - etc,  clothes cannot be washed (especially to try to remove stains if worn)- new tags cannot be removed, and so on, there will be a list of Refund Policies both the Buyer and Seller will need to follow.

Because of this being an internet sales site, it makes sense that the majority of items will fall under that 45 day limit.  15 days grace period for the item to be recieved by the buyer, and 30 days for refunds to be worked out.  To save me from the ever dreaded excuse of "I never received it - if it's insured over $200 they have to sign for it, anything under gets the signature request."  That's just for my protection and so far when I had to use it, (4x) it stopped that buyer dead in their tracks. 

I believe Sellers with concerns should contact Ebay, email them or call them with your concerns and after you talk to them about your store - products, many of you will be rest assured that this is not a bad thing.  Many Sellers are complaining of SNADS, but yet they don't take their time to complete their reasonable terms of service of refunds nor take their time in putting detail into their adds.  You will not be able to take advantage of restocking fees if you don't list them in your Refund Terms Of Service. 

There are a lot of Excellent Sellers on Ebay, but there are also a ton of lazy ones that don't document as they should in their add and follow through and many of these Seller's are saying, "well if the buyer didn't ask - it's not my fault, it's the buyers."  And as a buyer - I have run across this several times this year alone from certain Seller's.  And that is something Ebay is not going to accept anymore (nor have they ever).  When an attitude is given to Ebay like that from the Seller - then 100% of the time, the Seller will loose their case no matter what. 

It makes perfect sense to me and I hope what I have added here will help others to understand what may be happening with refunds and if you have any concerns, it may be best to contact Ebay directly. 

Good luck to everyone when this refund policy is put in place 100%. 

Message 124 of 461
latest reply

ducmarc
Enthusiast

Ok, I quoted skullywag64, and I am not sure what happened to their quote??? But some how their quote disappeared and my complete reply ended up in the box, I am not sure how that happened.  All I can say is..... Huh???  Lol, I am still trying to figure out the forums, but this one is a new one on me...lol.  My response should not be in the "box."  Sorry for any confusion.

Message 125 of 461
latest reply

I've had this issue, "quotes" not showing up in my post, and have found by adding a couple of periods after the then hit the Enter key twice, they always do.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 126 of 461
latest reply

From the feedie forum......

I sold an item in mid-Sept and the buyer just notified me by email that the item is not as described. As soon as she notified me, she left negative feedback. The next day, when I read her email, I responded and gave her return instructions, although my description states no returns. Now she has opened a case against me, even though I offered to take it back, saying that I am scamming people and don't take returns. So, I got negative feedback before I even knew there was a problem and a case against me even though I gave her the return instructions. The resolution department asked for my response and I requested that they elevate the case because of lack of communication. What is likely to happen in this case?

FeedBack left: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=marylu1019&ftab=AllFeedback

Message 127 of 461
latest reply

Another bump because the info is well worth reading. 

********************************************************************************

The fragrance always remains in the hand that gives the rose.

For the sake of others, please learn CPR. You could save a life.

Message 128 of 461
latest reply

Update: Well I responded to the case and stated "return item for full refund".

I just got this response from the buyer:

Sir Im from srilanka and if i want to shipi this to USA i have to travel to colombo capital city of srilanka.It is far from my location and im a banker of proffession so i don't have time for that.Also seller state that he won't accept any returns too.And also he state that the item is an USA item not from Chaina.but it made in in chaina. its OK.I don't care what is the country.But i want to make it work.so I cant ship this item and I don't want to get a risk on that.

I was unsure which thread this post from the SC board would be the best to post it to.

Message 129 of 461
latest reply

Seller bought a Refurbishe/New Cell Phone, and wants to return because it uses a lot of battery power and he does not like. Now I my acution I have no returns. Now I told him that I would take a refund with a restocking fee because, I would now have to sell it has used. He has now threating me with a lawyer if I do not accept a full refund. Even though the sell has no returns and he already stated that he returning because he does not like it what should I do?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320771567989 ....Sold phone

FeedBack for restocking fee...... http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=techniprints&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller 

"what should I do?".  Hind sight's 20-20.

Message 130 of 461
latest reply

Yes, Honda, it is 20-20.  🙂

********************************************************************************

The fragrance always remains in the hand that gives the rose.

For the sake of others, please learn CPR. You could save a life.

Message 131 of 461
latest reply

I sold an item an the buyer was unhappy with there purchase, I agreed to a full refund once the item was returnd to me and the buyer insisted I should pay for return shipping. Because I refused to pay for return shipping which is not covered under the buyer protection they escalatd it to ebay and again I agreed to a ful refund including the original shipping charge but the buying still insisted I had to pay for return shipping and escalted it again to customer support. She then left negative feedback stating I refused to give a refund for shipping, completely unfair, then ebay gave her a refund and she has not even returned the item!!! This is not ebay's policy per the rules of buyer protection. Now I am out the item and the money and left with negative feedback!!! Completely unfair ebay!!!

And the answer is?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140614553140

Returns:   No returns or exchanges, but item is covered by eBay Buyer Protection

Please note the change in the returns section. It is now expanded from "No Returns Accepted" to the above quote. The seller really threw themselves under the bus on this one, description inaccurate, no returns, wouldn't pay return S&H. Besides the Neg what do you think buyer did to their DSR's?:O

Message 132 of 461
latest reply

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Seller-Central/Ebay-Is-Encouraging/5100032143

This seller dodged a bullet (No Returns on item.) and the rest of us paid for it.

What I want to know BostonGranny is how was the buyer able to open the SNAD a month past the 45 day window?

Message 133 of 461
latest reply

Oooppss! It was an INR... Same question though.

Message 134 of 461
latest reply

kali-the-pup
Thrill-Seeker

Message 135 of 461
latest reply