cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My auction says No Returns, isn't that my right !

Even though the option exists in your listing of " No Returns ", unfortunately that does not mean No Refunds !!

The Ebay Buyer Protection Plan over rides your policy, and almost guarantees that a claim filed against you ( such as a SNAD..) will result in the buyer getting a refund without having to return your item to you.

While this is not fair, you can prevent this from happening in the future by changing you auction listings to ' accept returns'.

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 1 of 461
latest reply
460 REPLIES 460

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Seller-Central/Opinion-On-This/5200016339

I listed 'due to the known unreliability of these consoles, I will not be accepting returns or issuing refunds'

Yea.....Right! Member since mid-'08. Selling in a high risk catagory. Notes in their auction the possibility of problems. Anyone have any doubt how this will turn out?

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 106 of 461
latest reply

Congrats on the snipe, Honda, and this is one seller that's going to learn the hard way.

********************************************************************************

The fragrance always remains in the hand that gives the rose.

For the sake of others, please learn CPR. You could save a life.

Message 107 of 461
latest reply

Good afternoon IPUB and I've been remiss in not complementing you on the b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l ID picture.

And yes, sellers should be given a course on hi-risk items and the pitfalls in selling these items. But the one above is a classic! Selling a refurbished game console with known potential issues and thinking No Returns Accepted will override eBay Buyer Protection...

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 108 of 461
latest reply

Thanks, Honda. 😄

You would sure think that someone who has been on Ebay since 08 would know better than to write NO RETURNS in their auctions. I guess the seller doesn't understand that his "policy" on the item will end up costing him more than just the money if the buyer isn't happy. The seller will, most likely, also lose the merchandise.

In short, the seller should of read and heeded the advice given freely on these boards.

********************************************************************************

Message 109 of 461
latest reply

kali-the-pup
Thrill-Seeker

No Returns Accepted will override eBay Buyer Protection...

Photobucket

Message 110 of 461
latest reply

I think he meant to say "not override".

I'm bumping this thread for Komo and all the good info he shared with all of us too. He is missed by many.

Message 111 of 461
latest reply

Good afternoon IPUB and I've been remiss in not complementing you on the b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l ID picture.

And yes, sellers should be given a course on hi-risk items and the pitfalls in selling these items. But the one above is a classic! Selling a refurbished game console with known potential issues and thinking No Returns Accepted will override eBay Buyer Protection...

Now it makes sense. 😉

Message 112 of 461
latest reply

kali-the-pup
Thrill-Seeker

Message 113 of 461
latest reply

What is the point of ebay asking us our return policy when it's useless to have one.

Other than to get low DSR's when you accept them anyway?

Message 114 of 461
latest reply

BUMP  for 64.

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 115 of 461
latest reply

I still stand by my #64 post.  I agree that there is a reason to have to use a false id now.  No doubt about it.  But in the future I would like to see a time when we don't have to worry about protecting ourselves and the only way I can see that ever happening is to eventually change over where each Ebayer has only one id. 

Message 116 of 461
latest reply

Thanks, Honda. 😄 .

You're welcome IPYB!

Message 117 of 461
latest reply

Yes, Honda, I have thanked you a few times and also complimented on some of your posts.  You are good at giving advice.  But I've also seen the other side of you - quite a difference, as have some others.  I prefer the helpful Honda. 

Message 118 of 461
latest reply

I'm a helpful Phartie! What can I say?  Thank-you again!

Message 119 of 461
latest reply

it just makes it quicker for the scammers to find all the NO RETURN sellers of the things they want for free !

and look at all the NO RETURN sellers out there !!!:O

They need to follow the sage advice given here, no?

Message 120 of 461
latest reply