cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My auction says No Returns, isn't that my right !

Even though the option exists in your listing of " No Returns ", unfortunately that does not mean No Refunds !!

The Ebay Buyer Protection Plan over rides your policy, and almost guarantees that a claim filed against you ( such as a SNAD..) will result in the buyer getting a refund without having to return your item to you.

While this is not fair, you can prevent this from happening in the future by changing you auction listings to ' accept returns'.

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 1 of 461
latest reply
460 REPLIES 460

And again !!!!
Just for sellers who still show up here with NO RETURNS as their holy grail !!

Message 76 of 461
latest reply

and they just keep on coming.......so

BUMP !!

Message 77 of 461
latest reply

Just an observation, when I buy, if I see "no returns" I wonder why and move on.....
Message 78 of 461
latest reply

because even thought it's useless and dangerous to the seller, it's still and ebay option when setting up an auction..

Message 79 of 461
latest reply

kali-the-pup
Thrill-Seeker
Bumpity... Bump... Bump.

B-)
Message 80 of 461
latest reply

My auction says No Returns, isn't that my right? !

Uh... NO!

So why exactly does this stupid thread need to be bumped?
And why can't you understand the you cannot unload your defective crap with deceptive listings?

And that you will give Refunds... You don't have to accept the return, but you Will refund the money.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Toy: 1996 Adamas 1881 ;  photo d3c27a4e-2de6-48e4-8a38-73242748826d_zpsbb3k8gvk.jpg
Message 81 of 461
latest reply

kali-the-pup
Thrill-Seeker
Evening OMA,

the reason I bump this thread is because the mental midgets at eBay continue to offer a deceptive and costly option to sellers...
which has created a scammer's paradise.

Most of us have caught on, but many new sellers are not aware, as evidenced by the number of new posters who come here to lament over their forced return of funds and lost product.

I know you are not a fan of bumps, but this post has merit and is informative.

OMA the Balladeer looks sweet.

B-)
Message 82 of 461
latest reply

Okay... Yeah, you've got a point.
Were I an evil person, you could go and buy stuff that sez No Returns Accepted then file SNAD's.
Keep the item and get my money back too!
Although I did file a SNAD on a busted guitar, and evilBay send me a UPS label for a return... At NO cost to me.
And gave me a Full refund.

OMA the Balladeer looks sweet. B-)

Thanx! USA Ovations are becoming rare since Fender bought Kaman and moved manufacture to the Rice Eaters.
And I grabbed this one at a bargain BIN. (Well, at a reasonable price)
Good examples of USA Ovation workmanship will be getting scarce, so I snatched it.
It won't arrive until next week, and ♫♪ The Way-ting is the Hardest Part ♪♫
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Toy: 1996 Adamas 1881 ;  photo d3c27a4e-2de6-48e4-8a38-73242748826d_zpsbb3k8gvk.jpg
Message 83 of 461
latest reply

kali-the-pup
Thrill-Seeker
♫♪ The Way-ting is the Hardest Part ♪♫

Haha... OMA, I know that right now
you are strummin Faded Glory and a singin,
I want my ...
I want my ...
I want my new guitar...

It'll make a nice addition to your collection.

Oma, I thought you would appreciate the photo... guitars are also art forms.

B-)
Message 84 of 461
latest reply

Sometimes I just have to laugh. Someone on another board says the advice on this thread is Bullsh**. If the seller does not accept returns, where does this item go if they get a refund via E-Bay?

http://forums.ebay.com/db1/topic/New-To-Ebay/About-To-Make/5200008751#1310266397786
Message 85 of 461
latest reply

It magically disappears,never to be seen again!
I put a link to the ebay buyer protection policy.
Message 86 of 461
latest reply

I had a swimsuit I bought on eBay that was stitched unevenly. When I contacted the seller she explained to me that she does not accept returns, but would exchange the suit if I desired.

Under normal circumstances, this would have been fine...but in addition to the uneven stitching, the material was very thin and cheap. So, I did not want an exchange. I paid $50 bucks for the swimsuit, so I wanted quality. (I sell and have sold hundreds of swimsuits and I know what quality in a swimsuit is).
So, I tell the seller I do not want an exchange, I want to return it for a refund since I am not happy with the quality. She again stated her to NO return policy.

So, I explained to her that eBay's Buyer protection trumps her no return policy and I would prefer to work this out with her since I am also a seller.

She immediately gave me information for returning the swimsuit. Turns out she uses a drop shipper and has never even seen one of these swimsuits in person. She has me return it directly to her. Which I do. She sees what I am talking about and refunds my money after inspecting my return.

Now, this was a lot of work for me and I did not get my return shipping costs. However, I chose not to leave any feedback because I don't think this seller deserved the harsh repercussions that come with low DSR's and feedback.
Message 87 of 461
latest reply

kali-the-pup
Thrill-Seeker
Hi Lisa, glad to hear that the problem was resolved amicably...
I agree, a seller who is responsive and cooperative should not be penalized.

B-)
Message 88 of 461
latest reply

kali-the-pup
Thrill-Seeker
because even thought it's useless and dangerous to the seller, it's still and ebay option when setting up an auction..

B-)
Message 89 of 461
latest reply

The reason I bump this thread is because the mental midgets at eBay continue to offer a deceptive and costly option to sellers...
which has created a scammer's paradise.

Most of us have caught on, but many new sellers are not aware, as evidenced by the number of new posters who come here to lament over their forced return of funds and lost product.

Good reason to bump.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 90 of 461
latest reply