cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My auction says No Returns, isn't that my right !

Even though the option exists in your listing of " No Returns ", unfortunately that does not mean No Refunds !!

The Ebay Buyer Protection Plan over rides your policy, and almost guarantees that a claim filed against you ( such as a SNAD..) will result in the buyer getting a refund without having to return your item to you.

While this is not fair, you can prevent this from happening in the future by changing you auction listings to ' accept returns'.

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 1 of 461
latest reply
460 REPLIES 460

mesabilly
Enthusiast
I always give accurate item descriptions, but if you are not pleased with your purchase, you may return it within 7 days for a full refund.

I took your advice on this LH, word for word. I hope that's ok.
Message 46 of 461
latest reply

Nice change of pace with the new image SpitFire!Looooking Gooooood!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 47 of 461
latest reply

i have to admit ive learned some things on these boards i dident know and what i have learned dont make me feel any better

ihv what i have learned so far that the seller is being set up by ebay to get screwed.. i think my selling days here are short.... hell i sell something and the customer makes a complaint and i am out 100 bucks or so.. life dont work that way..

and then paypal helps these thieves? nope going where on some items i can accept checks or money orders...

ebay is screwing the very people who made them what they are.. i know... when i first came here there were very few buyers or sellers .. thru chat rooms i got at least 300 people buying here and 4 or 5 selling

now i wish someone would point me to a site thatwont be screwing me
will
Message 48 of 461
latest reply

really for someone not in the selling business they have an awful lot to say

i think ebay should be charging us to sell and STAY THE H*(L OUT OF MY BUSINESS..
will
Message 49 of 461
latest reply

ihv OK A QUICK QUESTION can you state that you accept returns but will only refund the price of the item? or do you have to refund shipping costs to?

and can i tell the seller he has to pay return shipping?

i think we need a lawyer
will

I've seen many sellers say they accept returns but the buyer has to ship the item back on their dime.
Since the original shipping cost was born by the buyer ( not talking FREE shipping here...) , then yes your refund should include the original shipping cost.

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 50 of 461
latest reply

YOUR HIGH SCORE OF 0 SHOWS YOUR IGNORANCE, CHILEMAN
Message 51 of 461
latest reply

Mornin' roast2

First I'd like to address this post covered by eBay Community Values, http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Ebay-Board-Usage/Profanity-Vulgarity-Hate/200062944

"Disruptive or Hostile Comments" includes derogatory name-calling and rude behavior.

naughty, naughty, naughty

And second is your previous post from 03/15/2011:

EVER TIME I THINK THEY CAN'T GET ANY DUMBER, THEY PROVE ME WRONG!!!!!!! PAYPAL IS ALREADY CUTTING INTO THE SHIPPING AND NOW EBAY NEEDS TO TAKE ANOTHER 9 %? HOW DOES THAT HELP TO LOWER SHIPPING COSTS? I AM READY TO QUIT EBAY BECAUSE OF THE FEEDBACK SYSTEM SO THIS WILL BE THE FINAL NAIL IN THE COFFFIN, THEY DON'T NEED MY FEES. WHO HAS THE ABILITY TO ANNOUNCE A WEEK OR MONTH LONG BOYCOTT OF EBAY IN ORDER TO GET THIER ATTENTION? IT NEEEDS TO BE DONE. ALL THE SALERS WILL SIMPLY ADD A COUPLE OF POUNDS ON TO THE WEIGHT OR INCRESE THE HANDLING FEE, NO ONE WILL "SAVE" ANYTHING BUT EBAY WILL MAKE A SMALL FORTUNE. BUT IF ENOUGH PEOPLE JUST QUIT SELLING EBAY WILL FEEL IT. THE FOUNDER OF EBAY HAD A GREAT IDEA BUT IF EBAY DOESN'T GET BACK TO BASICS, THEY WILL FAIL!!! I THINK THEY ARE BEING RAN BY A BUNCH OF LIBERALS WHO FEEL THAT PROFIT IS BAD..........UNLESS IT IS THIERS. THIS IS PLAIN AND SIMPLE A MONEY GRAB BY GREEDY MANAGERS WHO NEED TO INCREASE THIER PROFITS TO PLEASE THE STOCK MARKET.

http://completed.shop.ebay.com/roast2/m.html?rt=nc&LH_Complete=1&_fln=1&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3911.c0.m283&_rdc=1

http://shop.ebay.com/roast2/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25

Interesting you blast eBay, ask for a strike, claim you're done and then you continue to list? Credibility: the quality of being convincing or believable

And I always try to help posters here at the Phorum so I draw your attention to this http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=computer+keyboard&_frs=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m359 as your Caps Key is stuck.
This is my buying ID. I have used it on & off for years as a posting ID.

Just a head's up. Don't want anyone getting their undies in a bunch over my doing so.
Message 52 of 461
latest reply

sweetliberty2u
Enthusiast
When you have "No Returns". I think,
Buyers are less likely to contact you first.

At least, It seems that away from what I have read over the years. Then again, You can say you accept returns and still have some buyers that don't contact you first.
Message 53 of 461
latest reply

Even though the option exists in your listing of " No Returns ", unfortunately that does not mean No Refunds !!

The Ebay Buyer Protection Plan over rides your policy, and almost guarantees that a claim filed against you ( such as a SNAD..) will result in the buyer getting a refund without having to return your item to you.

While this is not fair, you can prevent this from happening in the future by changing you auction listings to ' accept returns'.

uihv ....posted it before but if ebay or paypal does this they could be sued for mail and wire fraud.. heck i could go and order some expensive stuff where they say no returns and claim it was misidentified and get my money back..
Message 54 of 461
latest reply

I took your advice on this LH, word for word. I hope that's ok.

will you also refund shipping costs? i ask cause sometimes having to eat the shipping costs will do away with any profit you may have made
will
Message 55 of 461
latest reply

you will do as they say if not they will do it for you as they see fit wow i want to pay more for this privilege im glad im running my own business here lol
Message 56 of 461
latest reply

kali-the-pup
Thrill-Seeker
will you also refund shipping costs?

Hi will, should I have made a mistake in listing my item and the buyer is not happy with the item received, I offer a full refund. Full meaning, the original purchase price, the original shipping I had charged and the cost of return shipping that the buyer incurs.

Covering return shipping may be deemed optional by some, but if I had made a mistake, the buyer should not suffer any financial consequence.

I have had only one such instance in over 11 years of selling... I missed a tiny flaw, my mistake, I made it right.

B-)
Message 57 of 461
latest reply

Hi will, should I have made a mistake in listing my item and the buyer is not happy with the item received, I offer a full refund. Full meaning, the original purchase price, the original shipping I had charged and the cost of return shipping that the buyer incurs.

Covering return shipping may be deemed optional by some, but if I had made a mistake, the buyer should not suffer any financial consequence.

I have had only one such instance in over 11 years of selling... I missed a tiny flaw, my mistake, I made it right.

B-)

ihv and i see your feedback is listed as ONE? lol actually i know some use different names to sell

but thanks for the laugh
will
Message 58 of 461
latest reply

kali-the-pup
Thrill-Seeker
Gee will, you made my lowly '1' actually sound good... ONE has a sense of presence. Thanx.

:^O

yes, I do sell under another name.
Message 59 of 461
latest reply

i dont this is meeeeeeeeeeeeeee dont feel the need to hide
Message 60 of 461
latest reply