cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to contact ebay support via email rather than telephone?

Scout
Solved! Go to Solution.

Is it possible to contact ebay support via email rather than telephone?

I've tried to find an email address for customer support but haven't been successful. I just see options for "call us." Does anyone have an email address?

246 REPLIES
Rockstar

Re: Is it possible to contact ebay support via email rather than telephone?

in reply to
Trailblazer

in reply to

Just so you know they rarely respond and admit they do not read most emails.

Glitch,Glitch,Glitch!!!
Scout

in reply to

Just so you know they rarely respond and admit they do not read most emails.

Yeah, I'm getting the feeling that they have intentionally removed any option for contacting them by email.

(off topic - I didn't intend for that last post to be all hyperlinked, but there's no way to go back and edit it out)

Rockstar

in reply to

Gotta love eBay... even their Customer Support information is wrong.

Proof that their written words are as helpful as those often spoken in

broken english by their customer supports reps. Sad, but true.  :-(

in reply to

I just called eBay to verbally abuse them over their final value fee and after making no headway with their service rep asked for an email address.

So you called to "verbal abuse" a CSR, and are surprised you made no headway?  Especially over an FVF?

"Don't close your eyes! They can still hit you with your eyes closed!" - my son's Karate Sensei Smiley Very Happy
Rockstar

in reply to

Good info to know, Honda.  Smiley Happy 

********************************************************************************

The fragrance always remains in the hand that gives the rose.

For the sake of others, please learn CPR. You could save a life.

Enthusiast

in reply to

I hate ebay. They make it impossible to cancel my monthly subscription so I can close my account. I'm out of the country for 3 weeks and cannot use their phone number. The worst customer service experience I've ever had with a company.

Enthusiast

in reply to

I have been buying and selling on ebay for a number of years. I have nearly a thousand positive 100% feedbacks. Having said that, I will probably be closing my ebay account out in the near future and going another route. I am tired of their high fees and little to no customer service. As some has mentioned, they want to take your money, but when there is a problem, they are nowhere to be found. Almost impossible to contact. I am just tired of their lack of concern for the ones who are making them rich.

in reply to

I'm tellin' ya troops, we need a thread to pinpoint the best time to contact eBay that we've had the best service. Ideas for title:

When is the best time to contact eBay Phone Support?

I just hade great eBay Customer Support- here's the time frame!

Your thoughts on a great title?

Trailblazer

in reply to

I suspect they don't want any emails because then everything's in writing. Ugh, I had to call them twice and both reps tried to get me off the phone before the credit showed up on my account. The first one, I believed she had done the adjustment. Nope. When the monthly bill came out, the charges were still there.

When I called the 2nd time, the guy also tried to end the call before the adjustment showed up. I insisted I was going to stay on the line because I'd been lied to before. No idea if there's a best time to call, but my advice is, stay on the line until whatever you're calling abut is really fixed - and get a SR# for the call.

Trailblazer

in reply to

To those who took time to post that they are leaving the site - why did you bother?

People leave (quit looking, buying, selling) every day but thankfully most of them do so quietly.  Face it folks, absolutely no one cares except possibly your spouse or your parents.

Newt
“Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country and giving it to the rich people of a poor country”. Ron Paul
Pathfinder

in reply to

Yes it DOES make a difference telling people that they are leaving this horrible company. People NEED to be heard. Others need to understand what a horrible company eBay is. I will not go into detail over my issues with eBay and Paypal. Sufficient to say that I should sue them, what they are doing is not legal, I have lost money on things that even eBay agrees are wrong (but they will do NOTHING to correct), etc. It is just beyond belief. They need to be slapped w/ a huge class action lawsuit. Anyway, once my last stuff is sold, adios eBay and Paypal, and good riddance. W/o a doubt the two most dishonest companies I have ever dealt with in my life, and customer service is nonexistant!

Pathfinder

in reply to

HAS EBAY NOT HERAD OF THE ADA ACT?  THEY ARE REQUIRED BY LAW TO PROVIDE A METHID OF CONACT FOR ANYOEN WHO PHYSICALLY CANNOT USE A PHONE.  THE ONLY METHODS LISTED ARE CALL US OR HAVE US CALL YOU.  BOTH SAY IF YOU CANNOT USE A PHONE TO SELECT ANOTEYHR METHOD.  UH REALLY?

Rockstar

in reply to

crispy, have you ever heard of Spell Check?

Do you always post with Caps Lock engaged?

Pathfinder

[ Edited ]
in reply to

I HAVE 20/300 VISION SO EXCUSE ME IF I TYPE IN UPER CASE AND MISS A FEW KEYS.

in reply to

You can use the "CTRL +" keys to increase font size, without 'yelling' at others using the board by typing in all caps.  Most browsers have a font size setting in their preferences that can be set.

Many of my friends are either legally or completely blind.  None of them have any significant issues using the telephone.  There are a variety of inexpensive products available that make using the phone much easier for a disabled person.

Finally, there is no ADA requirement that companies must provide an easy or alternative means of contact for everyone with a disability.  To do so would be financially burdensome and unfeasable.  Email addresses for specific eBay offices can be found through a standard web search.

[ Edited ]
in reply to

So - how do we ignore people on the new board software?

Thanks!

Never mind - figured it out - click on their name, it takes you to their summary page, from there you can ignore them . . .

"Don't close your eyes! They can still hit you with your eyes closed!" - my son's Karate Sensei Smiley Very Happy

bluemountainretailers wrote:

So - how do we ignore people on the new board software?

Thanks!

Never mind - figured it out - click on their name, it takes you to their summary page, from there you can ignore them . . .

Whoops - ok that doesn't appear to do what I hoped it would - so, is it possible to ignore some on the new board software?

And before we get the sarcastic answers, yes I know that I can just not read their comments, but I prefer my computers to do the mundane things for me Smiley Tongue