cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is EBay worth it for sellers anymore?

I just noticed that EBay fees since January 1st have been 21%, I use the most basic listings. They are hostile towards sellers...always on the side of the buyer, and really don't give a *&% as they think they are the only game in town. It isn't worth it; besides the crazy buyers, a bunch of theives at EBay and the headaches...for what, 79% of my goods and I get the hassle. And if that guy comes on that always tells you to take a deep breath, hold yours for as long as you can.
Message 1 of 356
latest reply
355 REPLIES 355

kris*scloset619
Enthusiast
I don't know what JA is either.
No Bad Days Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 61 of 356
latest reply

I don't know either. But johnmcelroy, have you checked out this fee calculator? http://www.rolbe.com/ebay.htm

No surprises when you use that.
Message 62 of 356
latest reply

clayjo2009
Enthusiast
I never got into the star wars craze. saw some pieces of some of the movies though.
Message 63 of 356
latest reply

hatter-2
Enthusiast
I got a JA for an answer called dr_strangelove99?

The only reference that comes to mind is from my old friend and mentor Lewis Carroll in his poem "Jabberwocky", considered by many to be the greatest nonsense poem ever written in the English language.

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"

Perhaps JohnnyMac is equally influenced by Mr. Carrol as his post seems to be in the same nonsensical vein.

I still have faith in you, JM, and will continue to light novena candles for you.
Photobucket
Message 64 of 356
latest reply

I don't know what JA is either.

JA... Name of God for Rastafarian folks?
Junior Achievement?
Jack Ass?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Toy: 1996 Adamas 1881 ;  photo d3c27a4e-2de6-48e4-8a38-73242748826d_zpsbb3k8gvk.jpg
Message 65 of 356
latest reply

hatter-2
Enthusiast

JA... Name of God for Rastafarian folks?
Junior Achievement?
Jack Ass?

More'n likely #3.
Photobucket
Message 66 of 356
latest reply

Jacked-up, as in prices.
Message 67 of 356
latest reply

Jacked-up, as in prices.
Message 68 of 356
latest reply

Sorry to all for being a jerk, you all are trying to help...laid-off, trying to make money, and venting like crazy.
Message 69 of 356
latest reply

hatter-2
Enthusiast
Sorry to all for being a jerk, you all are trying to help...laid-off, trying to make money, and venting like crazy.

All is forgiven, my son...go forth and sin no more. 😉

The offer still stands, JohnnyMac. How about channeling some of that energy and contributing here? There's always room for some more positive input.
Photobucket
Message 70 of 356
latest reply

San Diego Chargers Pictures, Images and Photos

If the Chargers disappoint me one more year, I just have to give them a Neg.
Siggy 1
Message 71 of 356
latest reply

keldasales
Enthusiast
All is forgiven, my son...go forth and sin no more. 😉

The offer still stands, JohnnyMac. How about channeling some of that energy and contributing here? There's always room for some more positive input.

Agreed and 2nd'd. Hopefully, you got your crazy buyer out of the way early. The rest should be cake and now you've got a lot of good experience under your belt.
Message 72 of 356
latest reply

21% was not a bogus number buddy.

I think if you do what I suggested (i.e. pick one item that sold and find all of the fees for that item on your invoice), you'll find that 21% eBay fees is not correct. That is, assuming your statement about using using only the basic listing format is correct.

For example, what were your fees on item #280444885805, "Nintendo NES Action Set, Boxed 7 Games! EXCELLENT COND!"?
Message 73 of 356
latest reply

hatter-2
Enthusiast

I think if you do what I suggested (i.e. pick one item that sold and find all of the fees for that item on your invoice), you'll find that 21% eBay fees is not correct. That is, assuming your statement about using using only the basic listing format is correct.....

I think this horse is dead, acknowledged by all parties that it's dead, and no amount of kicking it will produce any positive effect.

Let's just let it be.
Photobucket
Message 74 of 356
latest reply

I think this horse is dead, acknowledged by all parties that it's dead, and no amount of kicking it will produce any positive effect.

"21% was not a bogus number buddy". - that's an acknowledgment that the horse is dead?

OP has no idea what his fees are. Maybe he'd make better decisions if he did know.
Message 75 of 356
latest reply