cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS EBAY LOSING SELLER'S???

It seems to me that Ebay Is doing it's best to run the smaller seller off Ebay . The new Policies and fee's are a joke . They will learn that it was the smaller seller's that made Ebay what it is today . Not Walmart or Junk from China . No Seller's = No Buyer's = No Ebay .
It's just common sense .
Message 1 of 542
latest reply
541 REPLIES 541

Also.... Save this Kitten!

Kill this Thread!
That I thought was declared Dead a coupla weeks ago!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 106 of 542
latest reply

YES... HOW SAD!!!
You must have misunderstood what I was getting at. I wasn't Trashing the Advice witch was given
( I think was great Advice given by Kelda )
I was just asking A question about the Control and Anger Part.
Plus I have no need to to come here to release any anger. Only expressing the many activities that has been in play to hurt small time seller along with many others sellers feeling the same way.
So Next time. If your going to try to interpret anything.Make sure you interpret right. Or Just ask .Lol.....
Message 107 of 542
latest reply

keldasales
Enthusiast
try to use your card in the ATM Bank Machine and see its a charge that goes to E-bayaround $2.25.

That's really weird because Pay Pal doesn't charge me for ATM withdrawals. The banks ATM I use charges me, but not Pay Pal, which I like. If I were to use my regular debit card, both the bank (which is really a credit union, so its not like they have a ton of atms everywhere) and the ATM would charge me. Costs me about $4.50 with my regular debit, sometimes more.

But I know I can avoid ATM charges by getting cash back from a cashier, so if I need cash, I get it when I go to store and buy something. Plus, I get cash back from the transaction- yay! So, essentially, it pays to use the card that way.
Message 108 of 542
latest reply

keldasales
Enthusiast
YES... HOW SAD!!!
You must have misunderstood what I was getting at. I wasn't Trashing the Advice witch was given
( I think was great Advice given by Kelda )
I was just asking A question about the Control and Anger Part.
Plus I have no need to to come here to release any anger. Only expressing the many activities that has been in play to hurt small time seller along with many others sellers feeling the same way.
So Next time. If your going to try to interpret anything.Make sure you interpret right. Or Just ask .Lol.....

Ultimately, you can't be angry, in control and successful. Those three things NEVER occur together. If you want, I can verify that with a psychologist or two, but I'm not sure I can make any clearer.
Message 109 of 542
latest reply

I check this site daily to track sales stats.

]:)http://www.powersellersunite.com/auctionsitewatch.php
Message 110 of 542
latest reply

:)http://www.powersellersunite.com/auctionsitewatch.php

That site shows Listings, NOT Sales!

Big Difference.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Toy: 1996 Adamas 1881 ;  photo d3c27a4e-2de6-48e4-8a38-73242748826d_zpsbb3k8gvk.jpg
Message 111 of 542
latest reply

Sorry. 😞
Message 112 of 542
latest reply

Always look at the share price of a company to give an indication of how they are doing.

Ebay share price is bombing, sellers are leaving in their droves.
Message 113 of 542
latest reply

Always look at the share price of a company to give an indication of how they are doing.

Ebay share price is bombing, sellers are leaving in their droves.

Oh come on now.... that's not a slide is it?

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 114 of 542
latest reply

Nope !
Not steep enough...

If that graph slide was in a playground the kid at the top wouldn't even budge !
HeeHeeHee............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 115 of 542
latest reply

Oh come on now.... that's not a slide is it?

Aw Honda, you can't just look at the last coupla days to really see a trend.
How about the last three months since the Quarterly Earnings Report?

Photobucket

See? Doesn't that look better?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Toy: 1996 Adamas 1881 ;  photo d3c27a4e-2de6-48e4-8a38-73242748826d_zpsbb3k8gvk.jpg
Message 116 of 542
latest reply

Now that's a slide I could ride!!
Real amusement park stuff.

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 117 of 542
latest reply

Much better chart OMA! What's hilarious is jon dunahoe is starting to show the stress, http://paidcontent.org/article/419-how-paypal-can-help-save-media-and-itself/

" A strapping and charismatic up-and-comer, John was known for his bold visionary talks and his strident walk.

But at D8, I didn’t see that confidence. He spoke of eBay’s connections between buyers and sellers as though he hoped we’d believe it was a new trend; meanwhile far from his Santa Clara headquarters, Gilt Groupe and Groupon are reinventing e-commerce. On Paypal, he looked backwards to the innovation of getting financial services online, rather than forward to the app revolution. Overall he looked staid, the way eBay and Paypal now look to me – entangled by their legacy, unable to cut the cords to freely enjoy the new boom around them.
Message 118 of 542
latest reply

"What Will It Take: The Impulse Click
Media doesn’t rank highly in terms of the necessities on Mazlov’s pyramid. And so the essence of consumer-paid media is impulse, and the critical enabler of paid digital media is the “impulse click.” That click starts the brief moments/long window of consumer intent. For Paypal that means, it needs a button that completes the sale before the impulse fades – and needs to spread that button throughout media. If it delivers on that, Paypal can play as critical a role in the fast-growing digital media economy..."

Ah! I see... Since you cannot provide the buyer with what he/she really needs, you hope for idle wants. You hope for an unintended, unnecessary, purchases that the buyer will regret later. Anything to separate a fool and his money. But with PayPal and evilBay, you can return items for Buyers' Remorse. So I guess that will have to change that in the App Revolution also.
Message 119 of 542
latest reply

lyrebirdesigns
Enthusiast
I am an Aussie, I sell on eBay Aussie and I used to sell in the US as well, but listings in Aus do not get to US boards.
Half of my sales were to the US, I never charged full postage and always had a good rap with my buyers.
In the last 12 months I have paid for my listings and sold zip, nada, to anywhere outside Aus. I have had a total of 5 sales within Aus.
It is actually not appropriate to say part time sellers, we are all sellers, and as such all be treated in a like manner.
Since restructuring all sellers will have had a decline in sales, there is no point complaining that it is postage that causes a poor sales record, and despite doing everything that is recommended to sell and marketting effectively, things will not change until eBay does the right thing and changes things back to how they were so that listings are for the buyer and the seller.
At the moment the only person that finds this user friendly and effective is the person at the desk at eBay.
Do the math, 15 items, listing fees for basic listing with one pic, $30 to run for 20 days. Nothing sells, re run, and supposed no listing fees becomes $16, so it has cost $46 to list. Sell 2 items maybe and cover those fees, add to that the blowout in your postage because people demand cheap postage and you have lost big time.
It is a waste of time.
And money.
If you have something unique it is no longer an option to sell on eBay.
Message 120 of 542
latest reply