cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS EBAY LOSING SELLER'S???

It seems to me that Ebay Is doing it's best to run the smaller seller off Ebay . The new Policies and fee's are a joke . They will learn that it was the smaller seller's that made Ebay what it is today . Not Walmart or Junk from China . No Seller's = No Buyer's = No Ebay .
It's just common sense .
Message 1 of 542
latest reply
541 REPLIES 541

clayjo2009
Enthusiast
Dear Clay;
Well the Hawks proved that they were the better team.

But you'll excuse me while I

GO HABS GO !!!!

Oh. did I blurt that out ?

LOL !

Dear Komo,
I would like nothing more then to see the mighty Hawks against the Habs in the Finals!
Message 91 of 542
latest reply

Ya got my vote !!!!

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 92 of 542
latest reply

oh the heck with this

Message 93 of 542
latest reply

oh the heck with this
snag

Message 94 of 542
latest reply

snag

{{{{CLAPPING!}}}}}

Great job Komo.... Great job! Gutta be in the right place at the right time... OR JUST WRITE YOUR OWN TICKET!

I know.. I've done it.. And I'll do it again...

I've got a 100 Post SNIPE Ticket here! Who'll give me a FVF on a $125.00 guranteed no Neg auction? I've got a Pick-Up Only auction here at $225.00 cash when buyer arrives!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 95 of 542
latest reply

rsacipher
Enthusiast
I couldn't agree more, I've been a member since 98 and sell things every once and awhile. I've had several auctions where the bidder never paid (I think they bid on several of the same items and chose the cheapest) with the new feedback rules I can't give them negative feedback.
I understand that sellers were using feedback to force buyers to give them positive feedback but this policy just goes too far. There is no way to tell if the bidder is trustworthy and there is 0% protection for me as a seller.

I've sold my last item on eBay and from now on I will use free alternatives like Craigslist in the future. I may still buy things but I will look elsewhere before bidding here anymore.

Good job eBay!
Message 96 of 542
latest reply

Thanks Honda:
I left 2 minutes for someone else to snag it and then figured it was mine for the taking.
Boy , you have some nice items there !!
A guaranteed no neg !! Is there such a criier ??? LOL

Message 97 of 542
latest reply

keldasales
Enthusiast
Couldn't have left it at just a 100... sigh.
Message 98 of 542
latest reply

ok , then let's leave it here.

Don't hold yer breath though.....

Message 99 of 542
latest reply

It seems to me that Ebay Is doing it's best to run the smaller seller off Ebay . The new Policies and fee's are a joke . They will learn that it was the smaller seller's that made Ebay what it is today . Not Walmart or Junk from China . No Seller's = No Buyer's = No Ebay .
It's just common sense .
Message 100 of 542
latest reply

It's just common sense .

Yes.. E-Bay is letting all small time sellers know > Real Clear <
That they don't need them any more and are coming up with great ways to run them out. ( No Matter What Nor How )
Even if most sellers move to another Auction site. E-Bay is so BIG that they will buy them out just like Greendot cards and a lot of other places. E-BAY is a big Joke.
I was just on the Phone with them and they tell me to add Gas,Paper, insurance and other supplies to the shipping charge
as handling charge BUT > at the same time E-Bay puts a place on their site for buyers to mark or complain about the cost if they are unhappy with shipping charges??
The way it is . E-Bay is going make their money " UP Front "don't matter what. >List fees, Sellers fess, Money transfer fees, and go and try to use your card in the ATM Bank Machine and see its a charge that goes to E-bayaround $2.25. I took my card inside the bank one time and the bank said that E-bay Charged Over $3.25 for that Transaction ... Called E-Bay and pAYPAL They stated that Paypal had to Charge more because I had went inside the bank to get funds from my Paypal card> What a JOKE. Then You Have the Post Office !! Lol Do the Buyers Understand That we The small sellers are not the ones that are making all the money or ripping off buyers!
Like we have been sellers for years on E-Bay with 4 account within the Family one account over 4,000 sales my account over 120 sales.
We get unhappy buyers that try to mess you up and be funny about it . Unhappy with shipping time . Well we keep all tracking and delivery confirmation slips and have asked e-Bay to match them up with our Auction and the time and dates they ended and they would see that we have sent all our items out the next day. If Payment have cleared or was sent but not until then.
But we got no help from E-Bay . And they make everything sound so GOOD, Lol.... What a Joke
Message 101 of 542
latest reply

No Sellers.No Buyers. No E-Bay..?
Well then..Everyone should try to pull together and try to get something done. Help another Auction site to come up strong.
But Than again E-Bay is so Large,, Pulling in Millions Of Dollars A Day They have coming in and invested all over in other places. E-bay will just " Buy them out " . Just like they have done to others that have came up against them.
There are sites all over popping up about E-Bay and the way they are doing their sellers.
Now they have a a joke out about >You go on and ship your item to the buyers and we'll hold your money and if they like it . than we'll send you the funds.....What a Joke. We sold a bran new Car CD Changer still in Box never used. Paypal and E-bay held payment side to ship item or it will be bad on my part if i don't and if i pull out of the sale then i would still have to pay all fees. So if the buyer try and hook this item up and burn it up then say it was like that then we as seller would be short and out of fees big time and would get back a broken item that wasn't like that before shipped. Like We told Ebay . Want you go to Walmart and see if the will give you their TV and let you take it home and play with it before you pay for it and then tell them > If you like it > You'll send payment ...LOL ... How Sad..
Message 102 of 542
latest reply

Most sellers are buyers, but most buyers aren't sellers. When the buyers, who aren't sellers leave, then ebay will be dead. I don't see that happening in the near future.

First of all, we are a Wal Mart loving society! So what would ebay lose from being like Wal Mart? Nothing. And Chinese sellers wouldn't sell on ebay if people weren't buying. Consumers sacrifice quality for quantity everyday. And when a person gets ripped off or gets junk, do they stop buying on ebay? Nope.

Where else can you get this much traffic without working your tail off for it? I don't know of anywhere. But ebay isn't the only game in town, either. Its just one of the two largest and with the most traffic.

There's are other places and you can make money at it, but it takes ton more work than ebay to garner traffic. Am I happy about the changes coming in the Spring? Nope. Am I going to have to deal with them if I want to take advantage of ebay's traffic? Yep.

Like Honda said, read some of the threads. There are a couple of exciting venues that are growing because of ebay's upcoming changes. Why not considering diversifying? If doing just ebay isn't working for you, maybe there's another venue somewhere else that will work better for you. Granted, you'll have to work a little harder, but perhaps that will be good outlet for your anger and make you feel like you are in control of your business again.

What??? You Stated:
Perhaps that will be good outlet for your anger and make you feel like you are in control of your business again.
Anger and Control of your Business??

How sad.You say this!
Why wouldn't a Seller be upset? ( With the way they are getting done By E-Bay and Paypal ? )
Control? On E-bay You have no Control over your Business at all unless it is (Trouble out of a buyer ) Then you have Control to take the heat. With No Help from E-bay on The matter No Matter what it is . E-Bay say >Work it out between each other . We E-Bay (Got our Money )
With all the fees in place .We are like E-bay workers. They tell you what to sale, How to take or send Payment,by them. how much to charge on shipping ,hold your money and tell you to go on send ship item to buyer along with a lot of other sick plays e-bay have came up with .
But what can you do . E-bay is in Power and they way they see it is if you don't like it then leave. Like you said .
But that's IT: That's why E-Bay is doing it to make Small sellers leave so they can't make it . and it don't matter how you look at it . Its wrong. E-Bay is saying in so many words >We have made all the money we need to make off you all . Now its time for You to get away from me!!!
If you can't buy New wholesale in Bulk to resale on E-Bay ... Than we don't need you.
How Sad!!
Message 103 of 542
latest reply

YES!

Anyway... As to Jackie's complaint about buyers sniveling about shipping charges.

Here is a thought.
That shouldn't even be on the DSR list!
You read the shipping charges when you bought the item...
Therefore there is no reason for you to snivel after the transaction is over.
It may be acceptable to complain about shipping Time...
But if you didn't like the Price, Why Did You Buy It?

Also.... Save this Kitten!

Kill this Thread!
That I thought was declared Dead a coupla weeks ago!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Toy: 1996 Adamas 1881 ;  photo d3c27a4e-2de6-48e4-8a38-73242748826d_zpsbb3k8gvk.jpg
Message 104 of 542
latest reply

What??? You Stated:
Perhaps that will be good outlet for your anger and make you feel like you are in control of your business again.
Anger and Control of your Business??

How sad.You say this!
Why wouldn't a Seller be upset? ( With the way they are getting done By E-Bay and Paypal ? )
Control? On E-bay You have no Control over your Business at all unless it is (Trouble out of a buyer ) Then you have Control to take the heat. With No Help from E-bay on The matter No Matter what it is . E-Bay say >Work it out between each other . We E-Bay (Got our Money )
With all the fees in place .We are like E-bay workers. They tell you what to sale, How to take or send Payment,by them. how much to charge on shipping ,hold your money and tell you to go on send ship item to buyer along with a lot of other sick plays e-bay have came up with .
But what can you do . E-bay is in Power and they way they see it is if you don't like it then leave. Like you said .
But that's IT: That's why E-Bay is doing it to make Small sellers leave so they can't make it . and it don't matter how you look at it . Its wrong. E-Bay is saying in so many words >We have made all the money we need to make off you all . Now its time for You to get away from me!!!
If you can't buy New wholesale in Bulk to resale on E-Bay ... Than we don't need you.
How Sad!!

I find it hilarious Jackie that you come here venting your anger about how poorly eBay is treating you and trashing the advice Kelda gave about venting it by taking back control of your sitiuation on another venue.

How Sad!
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 105 of 542
latest reply