cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS EBAY LOSING SELLER'S???

It seems to me that Ebay Is doing it's best to run the smaller seller off Ebay . The new Policies and fee's are a joke . They will learn that it was the smaller seller's that made Ebay what it is today . Not Walmart or Junk from China . No Seller's = No Buyer's = No Ebay .
It's just common sense .
Message 1 of 542
latest reply
541 REPLIES 541

I agree with you wholeheartedly!! I can take a hint when I am not wanted!! Their new policies have KILLED the small seller like me!! I am going to sell what little remaining stock I have to get what money I can out of it but probably lose money after the FV fees!! No more selling for me!!
Message 61 of 542
latest reply

Today's eBay reminds me of our federal government- they think we are all ignorant & need to be supervised & told what is best for us because we can't think for our self!!

You can fool all of the people some of the time.

You can fool some of the people all of the time.

But you can't fool all of the people all of the time!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 62 of 542
latest reply

Or this on your ad:

PayPal Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 63 of 542
latest reply

Or this on your ad:

PayPal Pictures, Images and Photos

Love the GIF!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 64 of 542
latest reply

GIF???

eBay + internewbs = intelligence fail. Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 65 of 542
latest reply

vintage.antiquities
Enthusiast
Yes, eBay is losing sellers to Etsy, iOffer, Rubylane, and many other online websites auctionhouses, simply due to the ongoing messes in recent times. eBay's interface changes every week (it seems) making it slow as a snail crawl, they keep changing the feedback system, they hold funds hostage (eBay owns PayPal), and now with the 42.8% fee hike during a Depression in this country ... what are the little folks to do? Exactly ... go find a cheaper place to sell that generates a higher return on the sale. 1 + 1 = 2 and will always be the case, but eBay seems to think 1 + 1 = 3 for some reason. I think the CEO of eBay needs to be a bit more proactive on what is happening rather than keep throwing everything off on the President who will be the one handling problems that are severe (proof is in the pudding). I was quite the seller here on eBay, but I've since migrated 99% of my sales elsewhere, and I would highly suggest that you do a Google search on other online auction houses to see what I mean. eBay forbids naming them here in the forum (yet another smokescreen).
Message 66 of 542
latest reply

eBay seems to think 1 + 1 = 3 for some reason.

2+2=5 Citizen!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Toy: 1996 Adamas 1881 ;  photo d3c27a4e-2de6-48e4-8a38-73242748826d_zpsbb3k8gvk.jpg
Message 67 of 542
latest reply

Yeah.Same here.Since the new structure traffic and sales have changed drastically.I used at least sell periodically.Now my store is dead.Unfortunately I think I have to close up shop as there just is no business.

Doesn't EBay realize or even care??
-Rusty.
Message 68 of 542
latest reply

sure eBlech realizes this.
they're the ones doing it !!!!!!

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 69 of 542
latest reply

Come on over to the ranch. You can accept money orders and paypal along with google checkout. They are warm and friendly over there. I have had 3 sales since I have been actively working at the ranch. 😄
Message 70 of 542
latest reply

Well, I guess you can all check my feedback and try to determine if I am "bitter" or have had problems in order to diminish my comments. You won't find them. The opening salvo in this thread was unfortunately true. I've been selling for ten years and it seems obvious to me that there has been a sea change by ebay - and they are indeed trying to run off the small collectibles seller that made ebay what it is. The change began when they became publicly owned. You see, no company on the planet that has to cater to stockholders is content with leaving a winning formula in place (remember "New Coke"?). Tinkering has to occur to "grow" the company and justify the existence of a plethora of highly paid planners and forecasters. There are a few smartly-run corporations, like Southwest Airlines, that trust their winning formulas alone to grow the business- but they are few and far between, and ebay ain't one of 'em. The tinkering ends up slowing growth and sooner or later those analyst "sell" recommendations start popping up. Many of we part timers started selling to finance our own collectibles purchases off from ebay. So those commentors who noted that running off sellers will run off buyers have hit to nail on the head. That being said, shipping charges imposed by the post office have increased tremendously in the same 10 years- and, to be fair, that is beyond ebay's control.
Message 71 of 542
latest reply

😉 Thanks for pointing out that ebay owns paypal- which some folks on these boards may not realize. So, there is a really a "double dip" on sales commissions, making the recent increase in fees by ebay that much more egregious. Paypal collects on the full amount of money received, which includes often high shipping.
Message 72 of 542
latest reply

Another thing about ebay that I feel insults the sellers intelligence is all of these postings about FREE listings. That is as misleading as one of the credit card companies! They may not charge you for the listing but the FV fee is about 3 times higher! Why don't they advertise the FV fee with the posting about free listings? As I said in an earlier posting, they are like our federal government, they think we are too stupid to notice the FV fees!
I sold an item last night (5-9-10) for $150.00. The listing fee was $1.05, FV fee was $13.50, & then PayPal got $5.03! That's $19.58 off of a $150.00 item!! UNBELEIVABLE!!
I have no problem paying fees to eBay. I don't expect something for nothing. I just cannot buy items to sell & make a decent profit with eBay getting this much of it.
How do other small sellers feel about this?
I would be interested in your comments.
Message 73 of 542
latest reply

Many of we part timers started selling to finance our own collectibles purchases off from ebay. So those commentors who noted that running off sellers will run off buyers have hit to nail on the head.

Thank You!
I came to evilBay to buy a guitar. I sell guitars to finance my hobby, which is Buying Guitars.
Now most of the listings are eStores... This is not why I am buying from evilBay...
If I want to buy from a store, I can make a face-to-face deal from a Brick-n-Mortar store right here.
That dude can deal directly with the Manufacturer and get those same discounts.
And I can be giving the Profit to someone that I Know!
====================================
Shipping Charges! I just shipped a 17 pound guitar from OR to MA... $57.12!
That is almost how much I paid for the guitar.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Toy: 1996 Adamas 1881 ;  photo d3c27a4e-2de6-48e4-8a38-73242748826d_zpsbb3k8gvk.jpg
Message 74 of 542
latest reply

I don't really count my labor

Y'know fixer , that and folks who rant about the cost to get their products packed and shipped ( as if there's another way for a Texan to sell to a New Yorker ) burns my butt !
It's the cost of doing long distance business.
I think I'll start my next post on that matter and ruffle some feathers !!
Yah !!

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 75 of 542
latest reply