cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS EBAY LOSING SELLER'S???

It seems to me that Ebay Is doing it's best to run the smaller seller off Ebay . The new Policies and fee's are a joke . They will learn that it was the smaller seller's that made Ebay what it is today . Not Walmart or Junk from China . No Seller's = No Buyer's = No Ebay .
It's just common sense .
Message 1 of 542
latest reply
541 REPLIES 541

Live & Learn Trout !

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 46 of 542
latest reply

It seems to me that Ebay Is doing it's best to run the smaller seller off Ebay . The new Policies and fee's are a joke . They will learn that it was the smaller seller's that made Ebay what it is today . Not Walmart or Junk from China . No Seller's = No Buyer's = No Ebay .
It's just common sense .

as a small seller i have no problem,making $$$$$$$, selling USA made junk. lol......off,, pretty much for the summer, collecting more, looking forward to fall! the last batch of junk was real exciting, with lots of bidders.of course i am looking and hoping for some positive changes?, for sellers?
Message 47 of 542
latest reply

surf-inside
Enthusiast
of course ebay is losing sellers, but for everyone lost, two more join. Poor fools. Probably like me, read all the books glorifying the art of selling on ebay and how to get rich. the reality is quite different. there's a fool born every day, and eventually they will make their way to Ebay.
The Beach Hut Bus

Eddy would go.. and so would I

Message 48 of 542
latest reply

of course ebay is losing sellers, but for everyone lost, two more join. Poor fools. Probably like me, read all the books glorifying the art of selling on ebay and how to get rich. the reality is quite different. there's a fool born every day, and eventually they will make their way to Ebay.

fools yes(lots of low fb buyers),getting rich(never thought that way),books(waste of money)
Message 49 of 542
latest reply

We aim to please.
You aim too, please !

Yours or mine , both are good !
Enforcement could be a problem though ! LOL

Thanks for the kind words .
I'm humbled by your opinion !

As Mr.natural says,
" Keep on truckin' "

Message 50 of 542
latest reply

lmchislett
Enthusiast
I came across this post and i couldn't agree more! i've sold on eBay for several years and i current started a new account to sell again. I've had moreeee issue with eBays wonderful new policies now than in the past 6 years combined.. eBay needs to realize that the further it gets from its original roots (being almost like an online flea market) the more they will loose the small sellers. The current buyers want return polices, order tracking, reciepts, Perfect items and all at .99 cents. I call them the walmart shoppers customers. I don't know about you folks but thats a bit much when i'm cleaning out the attic and just want to pass on some stuff that i no longer use. Anywho if i dont stop now i'll keep rambling.. but look at this fun fact and i could be wrong .. since i started selling again, every other week eBay is throwing auction/listing sales to spur more ppl to list. That in itself tells you eBay is looseing ppl listing items and wanting to deal with the headaches eBay is creating....
Message 51 of 542
latest reply

I hate the new ebay listing style. They should not charge for listing auction items period! I quit listing anything on ebay because of the starting at 0.99 cents crap just to list my books for free, then I end up loosing big time because the books sell way below my cost, its not right that I can't compete against the big sellers here because ebay won't allow free listings for me to set my starting bids were I want them, so I still buy here ever so often but now sell only on AMAZON as it doesn't cost me a dime to list, so if it doesn't sell, I'm out nothing, unlike ebay.
Message 52 of 542
latest reply

?: I started with Ebay in 1995, and it was a great, but sometimes stormy relationship. Ebay dealt with problems as they arose fairly well. At that time the small sellers were important to them. Things have definitely changed. Business in recent years via Ebay was good, and I looked forward to opening a store. It worked fine until the new fee structure. They said fixed price listings would get full search exposure. That may be true, but sales dropped dramatically when the new structure went into place, probably because everyone's store inventory was now in the search system. A bit of overload. I have now closed my store, because with my small inventory, and a particular client based product, the fees are way too much. Combine that with the PayPaI fees, & the fact you can't take money orders or checks. ( The only check that ever bounced on me was from a PayPal refund). I'll still sell on Ebay via auctions because of their exposure, but I sure miss the past days when they were more on the small sellers side. Ebay needs to stop putting overbearing restrictions on sellers, and let the marketplace weed out the few bad sellers. Feedback ratings pretty much tell the whole story.
Message 53 of 542
latest reply

Ummm papermarc,writes:'
"& the fact you can't take money orders or checks"
You sure can, you're just not allowed to openly ask for this type of payment , but if your buyer askes you ...you can accept russian kopecs if you agree to it !

DARK CANYON

Message 54 of 542
latest reply

The only way I know of to not openly tell lookers you accept money orders is:

"PayPal preferred. If you do not have a PayPal account please contact me."
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 55 of 542
latest reply

you cannot mention any method but paypal in the listing.

In the invoice - there are no restrictions - just tell everyone to wait for the invoice before paying. A lot of people do this
Life has become immeasurably better since I have chosen to stop taking it seriously.
Message 56 of 542
latest reply

I thought MC & Visa were also accepted ebay payment methods ?

Message 57 of 542
latest reply

Heres the solution:

part 2 Pictures, Images and Photos

Hope this helps! Or is it too much Truth??
Message 58 of 542
latest reply

I thought MC & Visa were also accepted ebay payment methods ?

Moneybookers, ProPay & PayMate too... But I believe Mr Galaxie means PayPal is the most common. But my sentance doesn't mention any other form of payment so I thought it OK?

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 59 of 542
latest reply

eBay's new final value fees are outrageous!! Mine have almost doubled!! I have called several times to inquire about the new fees & haven't gotten the same story twice which leads me to believe they don't understand it or don't want to tell me the truth. I have been selling since 2005 but I think I have had enough! I'll still buy if I see something at a bargain, but eventually all small sellers like me will give it up because there's just no money in it!!
I know eBay will not miss me but if all small sellers would boycott, eBay would feel it on their bottom line- PROFITS!!
Today's eBay reminds me of our federal government- they think we are all ignorant & need to be supervised & told what is best for us because we can't think for our self!! If eBay would just try to improve what they already have instead of changing the rules every month ( or so it seems), I think they would be better off! Oh well, if their new policies work for them, that's great & more power to them- they will just have to it without me!
Message 60 of 542
latest reply