cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS EBAY LOSING SELLER'S???

It seems to me that Ebay Is doing it's best to run the smaller seller off Ebay . The new Policies and fee's are a joke . They will learn that it was the smaller seller's that made Ebay what it is today . Not Walmart or Junk from China . No Seller's = No Buyer's = No Ebay .
It's just common sense .
Message 1 of 542
latest reply
541 REPLIES 541

I have to disagree with your assessment about whether eBay cares! They have started sending me performance surveys up the ying yang, the last couple of weeks! So they want to know how they can keep us, yet still control us?? I have started my own little rebellion against the regime. I have asked many of the PART TIME sellers to Boycott eBay by not BUYING!
They were very short sighted on this new policy move. Thinking there would be no negative consequences?
I usually reinvest my proceeds from sales back to ebay. Now eBay has severely limited my selling capacity, I have responded in kind by cutting back buying and removing all of 100+ watched items from my page.
Look to join us in the revolution against NEW SELLER STANDARDS. We have rights too! Please tell all the sellers you know to get on board.
Thank you for your time.
kabtigr
Message 31 of 542
latest reply

I used to make a nice profit - enough money for extras. The last month has been bad. I made enough to pay my fees and little more. I have had enough of the fees. I closed my store today. I have moved to the ranch.
Message 32 of 542
latest reply

I used to make a nice profit - enough money for extras. The last month has been bad. I made enough to pay my fees and little more. I have had enough of the fees. I closed my store today. I have moved to the ranch.

Well don't be a stranger & stop back to tell us how great it is there! Maybe we'll join ya!
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 33 of 542
latest reply

raeshelles
Enthusiast
I usually list my items at .99. What ever they go for is what I try to live with. Keeping up with ebay's changes for the sellers is a full time job in itself. I disagree with the insurance should be already included. But what difference does my opinion make....none. It's funnly that ebay sends out a questionaire after you have a problem with a buyer, what a waste of time. I just don't care to sell on Ebay anymore. It's just not worth it the buyers know that they can get away with anything. And from my experience, there are a lot of people out there that want to take advantage where they can unfortuneatly. The buyers are the only ones protected but it is the sellers that make the money for Ebay with the outrageous listing, final value AND now you have no choice but to take payment through paypal!!!!. Add all those fees together it's just not worth it.
Message 34 of 542
latest reply

raeshelles
Enthusiast
I hope your rebellion is recognized by "the ebay chiefs". Good luck.
Message 35 of 542
latest reply

I usually list my items at .99. What ever they go for is what I try to live with. Keeping up with ebay's changes for the sellers is a full time job in itself. I disagree with the insurance should be already included. But what difference does my opinion make....none. It's funnly that ebay sends out a questionaire after you have a problem with a buyer, what a waste of time. I just don't care to sell on Ebay anymore. It's just not worth it the buyers know that they can get away with anything. And from my experience, there are a lot of people out there that want to take advantage where they can unfortuneatly. The buyers are the only ones protected but it is the sellers that make the money for Ebay with the outrageous listing, final value AND now you have no choice but to take payment through paypal!!!!. Add all those fees together it's just not worth it.

You have to offer Pay-through the nose -Pal but you and the buyer can agree on any form of payment.....the buyer just has to ask you first.....

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 36 of 542
latest reply

I usually list my items at .99. What ever they go for is what I try to live with. well then, you can't really beyotch about a $90 plate selling for $20; nor can you complain about listing fees, because the first 100 are free from a penny to 99 cent start (you get poked at the back end of course, at almost 10 percent...still cheaper than a brick mortar store with lights, heat, manpower, and insurance for bathrooms lol)
eBay is not the land of multiple bids like it once was, for most things. I'm shocked when I get more than one bid.

I also take total advantage of those "surveys" just give them all lowest scores and at the end tell em what you really think, on or off topic. I really let them have it at that point, it's the one time you get to respond to something they may actually read.

The Ranch has little traffic. You'll sell a few things a month, maybe.
Message 37 of 542
latest reply

Have any of you Pharties taken a trip up the River? You think I could sell my used junk there? Are fees there prohibitive?
Siggy 1
Siggy 1
Message 38 of 542
latest reply

I usually list my items at .99. What ever they go for is what I try to live with. well then, you can't really beyotch about a $90 plate selling for $20; nor can you complain about listing fees, because the first 100 are free from a penny to 99 cent start (you get poked at the back end of course, at almost 10 percent...still cheaper than a brick mortar store with lights, heat, manpower, and insurance for bathrooms lol)
eBay is not the land of multiple bids like it once was, for most things. I'm shocked when I get more than one bid.

I also take total advantage of those "surveys" just give them all lowest scores and at the end tell em what you really think, on or off topic. I really let them have it at that point, it's the one time you get to respond to something they may actually read.

"and insurance for bathrooms lol)"

Funny ! & true !!

Message 39 of 542
latest reply

vixalin123103
Enthusiast
dsnt seem to profitable..

eBay use to be a great place for people like me who wanted to make a few quick bucks on clearing out a closet. It was a great way for a working person to have a tag sale without having to have an actual tag sale and the traffic couldn't be beat.
Those days are long gone. The casual seller has no place on e_bay unless as someone else said ...they want to pay to sell their item and I ask you where is the seance in that?
Just like Wal-Mart E-bay started out right but both have now sold out to the bottom line and small time sellers don't feed that as well as mass marketers who can offer free shipping etc.
It's just the way of life .....change......accept that and move on. I for one am not a big Wal-mart enthusiast I think that concept is ruining this country and feeding the unemployment numbers in many different ways . From selling NO AMERICAN MADE PRODUCTS, to their cutting all employees back to part time so they don't have to pay benefits and more. I don't and won't sell here anymore I can't afford to. I buy only from small individuals here and not the Euro/Asian mass market trash sellers, just as I pay a bit more and buy from the local stores and not Wal-Mart. I am not changing much by that choice by my self but if others followed we just might help out our own economy and fellow Americans instead of other countries.As long as the masses go for cheap low or no quality products we are doing nothing but cutting our own throats. Remember that on your next trip to Wal-Mart
Message 40 of 542
latest reply

The Ranch has little traffic. You'll sell a few things a month, maybe
.[/qote]

Ok, I changed my mind and started listing there-had opened an account several months ago-AND I know some ebay sellers who also sell there and report their sales on another board on a increasingly regular basis.

I continue to sit in low search even after my dsr "re evaluation" which I thought would improve, and it did after scrambling for 50 some FIVE STAR FEEDBACK and having to BEG for it, but it did NOT improve enough (shipping handling star still suffers and is "below standard" at 4.92) to put me back into standard or the elusive "Raised Search", so my efforts did not improve my standing. Good Grief Batman.

Do I appreciate being graded by newbie members who buy something and leave a neg before being able to find messages from me in their my ebay pages because they don't know where their "My eBay" page IS? or from members who buy something and didn't win the lottery with it so to speak, didn't find a lincoln penny that's worth a small fortune? or didn't get more than 50% off combined shipping without asking a question first, the old buy now beach later technique and Hold You Hostage for it to boot? as in threats to leaving "low scores" (which by the way is against policy and reportable...eBay will send them a pink note). whoopeee.
Am I their slave? Am I selling lottery tickets? Are my items a "gamble" or not as described? Am I twisting your bidding arm? No No No and No. It's all left to the "interpretation" or the purity of the ignorant, uneducated and inexperienced eBay buying member's mindset or "The customer is always right" even if they're ignorant and wrong because of it. We are left to educate them. I'm quite fed up with it because the dangling carrot is pulled back more and more years on end.

I spoke with someone about my re evaluated search standing on live help and got no where, but beached nevertheless, just so I may contribute to ebay "getting the message".

My mind changed, and I invite y'all to come check out the ranch or other growing sites; at least the one mentioned site lets you share your website interests by posting them, or upload your ads to facebook and other sites, unlike the control mechanisms in place here.

My mind changed too after reading all the posts on SC and other boards here of members telling their friends NOT to buy on eBay. That doesn't help anyone who stays here hoping and praying - and PAYING for each 7 day listing, ie paying weekly for the slim chance of a sale which for most small time sellers that had any success, hovered around 45% since forever ago, (this is changing or so I read) but since it's happening and may be effective, I'm thinking more and more that "moving on" is a good thing, at least diversifying, as I'm seeing other sites offer a lot more individual freedom and if there's anything I'm about, it's freedom.
What also contributes to my mind change is the increasing proof of NARU hi fb sellers on many fb lists here that I have been noticing more and more of, in the last year.
Where are they going? take your pick...they're GOING, that's the point.

That's my confession for the day...may it be noteworthy... I have been posting on ebay for many years, on the discussion boards. The board I'm most familiar with is well known for ebay cheerleading post-reporters, for any post that isn't supportive of this site.
Just sayin'... I have no idea if this post will be here later but if you read, take heed. I have never been a 100% eBay cheerleader and could see this "police state site" growing a long long time ago, from the increasing fv fees, the purchase of PayPal by eBay, to the now mandated payment method.

Have a fabulous day!
Message 41 of 542
latest reply

I visited Boondoggle... and I even have a home page...

But nobody there is rich enough to buy my stuff.
Once y'all get enough people over there, business might pick-up for high dollar items.
Most of the guitars there are China-crap that ain't worth the $69 they are charging.
The only expensive guitars over there are being sold by the same crappy stores that ruined evilBay.
And those are the bulk stores that nobody I know would buy from over here.
Plus he is charging $3,000 for a $1400 guitar... Hoping for suckers who don't know any better.
I don't care if it has Eddie Van Halen's or Frank Zappa's name on it... It still just a cheap Fender...
(Y'know? For the kind of people who think "It MUST be a better guitar otherwise it wouldn't cost so much!":^O)
If I wanna spend that much money I would get a PRS or a Parker, or have that guy on the coast custom-build me one.

While picking on Wal-mart, please remember that when Sam Walton started Wally-World he only sold American-made products!
And now he is rolling in his Grave.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Toy: 1996 Adamas 1881 ;  photo d3c27a4e-2de6-48e4-8a38-73242748826d_zpsbb3k8gvk.jpg
Message 42 of 542
latest reply

troutmasterman94
Enthusiast
Alot of people are now selling on bonanzle.com .I heard and read that they are avid sellers on there and they dont charge a lot like ebay does.Check this site out .You can take ebay listings and bring them over to bonanzle.
Message 43 of 542
latest reply

Y'know fixer , you're a rather interesting sort of fellow.
I like reading your posts.
Never know what you'll come up with next.!!
You must lead an interesting life.
Good for you !

BTW- bathroom isurance doesn't cover guys who's aim is off !! LOL !!!

DARK CANYON

Message 44 of 542
latest reply

troutmasterman94
Enthusiast
My mistake on saying this here on ebay.I hope no one was offended
on what was said.I didn't realize I couldn't say what I said here.
Message 45 of 542
latest reply