cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS EBAY LOSING SELLER'S???

It seems to me that Ebay Is doing it's best to run the smaller seller off Ebay . The new Policies and fee's are a joke . They will learn that it was the smaller seller's that made Ebay what it is today . Not Walmart or Junk from China . No Seller's = No Buyer's = No Ebay .
It's just common sense .
Message 1 of 542
latest reply
541 REPLIES 541

This company SUCKS and Icant wait to get all the crap pout of my garage and be done with them. they are morons and should be out of business how they run their business. It is a joke how they treat sellers now, a JOKE

Message 331 of 542
latest reply

It's Not about Ebay anymore .

It's all About WHO controls your money.   If PayPal controls your money , then they can control YOU..

Ebay is just a test bed for PayPal .. They got where they are now because they took control of your money   which you have no choice . Paypal is starting to spread out ..so if you don't want so much control over your money ,just don't use paypal.

For sellers ,they have no choice    and when you have no choice you either have to pay   or get out .

Message 332 of 542
latest reply

kali-the-pup
Thrill-Seeker

Hi systemfailure2 :-), so what you are saying is that if you cannot abide by the rules in place, you should take a hike. I agree.

Message 333 of 542
latest reply

Ummmm, oh 2M2M........

I  think he's saying it's nice that eBay offers the use of their money brokering company to buyers and sellers , but it would be nicer to once again regain colntrol over how we pay and get paid by opening up the competition for payment options by eBay allowing multiple forms of payment to be used by both buyers and sellers at their discression.

That of course means sellers being able to request forms of payment they'd be comfortable with. !

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 334 of 542
latest reply

kali-the-pup
Thrill-Seeker

Hi komo :-), I agree, that is the point that was being made. I remember happily taking money orders to the bank for deposit... and the odd cashvelope always put a smile on my face.

That was then and I do not see us getting back those options anytime soon, so we play the hand we're dealt.

Message 335 of 542
latest reply

abc101275
Enthusiast

I am a reseller, I am selling off what I have and Im done. Paypal shows I made 37,000 last year. I withdrew roughly 15,000 from my paypal account last year, Where did the rest of the money go? Ill tell you, Costs of products to sell, costs of supplies, ebay and paypal fees. I sell in the video game catagorie mostly, which has a whopping 15% final value fee +2.9% paypal fees. Now this year I got a 1099k from the IRS. So, In short, of the total $15,000 in profit I made last year, the IRS is taking almost 25% of that.That means I made $11,250. I am making less that way minimum wage of $8.25 an hour in my state. In toal ebay, paypal and the IRS get over 40% of my profit. Then I have to pay for the items I sell. If I buy something for $60.00 and sell it on ebay for $100.00, I make NO profit. Good luck new sellers!

Message 336 of 542
latest reply

@abc101275 - congratulations on getting what you did, in that competitive market/category.

If you "collect" things, and you are not a part time ebay seller, well... you're just a hoarder.
Message 337 of 542
latest reply

Totally agree.

Thanks,

Mike - www.YesCufflinks.com

Director of www.YesCufflinks.com
Message 338 of 542
latest reply

faithscloset421
Enthusiast
Yes..they r.....fees are 2 high restrictions ridiculous....buyers often black mail sellers ...eBay allows it...Im no longer buying or selling! They have chased this long time seller away!
Message 339 of 542
latest reply

I was wondering, what is "The Ranch" I've seen on this post?  I have recently started selling on another site as well, and am always looking for new affordable outlets to sell on.

Message 340 of 542
latest reply

Yes,

I need more sales and make more money not pay more money in fees for less sales.

ebay used to be a great place to sell stuff now it is just so, so. Here's a short list why:

Fees

Rules

more rules

lack of sales

No sellers rights

Feedback system

No customer service for sellers ( no answers, ever! ) I guarantee you will never get a satisfactory answer of any kind, ever!

USPS

Paypal

more rules

more fees

None paying buyers

.01¢ -.99¢ auctions

Message 341 of 542
latest reply

I was wondering, what is "The Ranch" I've seen on this post?  I have recently started selling on another site as well, and am always looking for new affordable outlets to sell on.

It is http://www.bonanza.com/

It sux too.

Wait, forgive me... It might depend on what you are selling, I just couldn't sell moderately priced guitars there.  Plus it has the same Factory 2nd, B-stock, knock-off crap as evilBay.

Small sellers went to the Ponderosa or Ranch to get away from the cheezy evilBay stores... and the cheezy sleazy stores just followed them.

And I had such High hopes for that place... It hurt my feelings. 😞

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Toy: 1996 Adamas 1881 ;  photo d3c27a4e-2de6-48e4-8a38-73242748826d_zpsbb3k8gvk.jpg
Message 342 of 542
latest reply

@shempsky...Im so sorry .99 cent auctions bother you. I guess that means I bother you as well? The last time I checked eBay was built on .99 cent auctions? Hmmm....? Is'nt that what grabs the eye of the buyer? Or are you in belief that it's ok that eBay has actually turned into Wal-Fart with HIGHER than retailers starting prices?

I understand that .99 cent drop shipp China garbage has eaten the auction world...however there are still a good handful of us who enjoy using the .99 cent auctions...and I dont care if they sell cheap....sometime good,sometimes bad....its all about the "want-it" factor...right?

Thats why im a Part-Time Seller...Part fun hobby/ Part small seller. I sell stuff so I can buy stuff...;-)

And USPS? Thats funny....USPS is one of the reasons why eBay isnt the same? Really?

Message 343 of 542
latest reply

old_man_arthur

Thanks, so maybe I should just stay with my 2nd auction site for now (webstore).  It was ranked #2 behind Ebay in some TopTenReview.

Message 344 of 542
latest reply

I'm glad you are so happy with yourself. .99¢ is just that .99¢. I think that's enough to buy a small slurpee.

Message 345 of 542
latest reply