cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS EBAY LOSING SELLER'S???

It seems to me that Ebay Is doing it's best to run the smaller seller off Ebay . The new Policies and fee's are a joke . They will learn that it was the smaller seller's that made Ebay what it is today . Not Walmart or Junk from China . No Seller's = No Buyer's = No Ebay .
It's just common sense .
Message 1 of 542
latest reply
541 REPLIES 541

chriscastanza... I only sell a few things... (Or TRY to sell a few things! X-()

I do not have a store, I just pay for each individual listing.
If you sell less that 50 or 25 items a month it is not worth it to get a store.

Everyone has to do their own arithmetic, but I believe even evilBay says that if you sell less than 50 items you don't need a store.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Toy: 1996 Adamas 1881 ;  photo d3c27a4e-2de6-48e4-8a38-73242748826d_zpsbb3k8gvk.jpg
Message 16 of 542
latest reply

kris*scloset619
Enthusiast
Fewer Sellers = Less competition!!

Yippie!!
No Bad Days Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 17 of 542
latest reply

"IS EBAY LOSING SELLER'S???" No.

Is evilBay losing small independent sellers??? Yes.

Does evilBay care??? Not really.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Toy: 1996 Adamas 1881 ;  photo d3c27a4e-2de6-48e4-8a38-73242748826d_zpsbb3k8gvk.jpg
Message 18 of 542
latest reply

clayjo2009
Enthusiast
Eventually Ebay will realize the mistakes made and might fix them or might not?
I think eventually ebay will make you buy only there shipping supplies and use only there materials for shipping. everything will be under ebays rule and you can either take it or leave.
Message 19 of 542
latest reply

we-have-a-winner
Enthusiast
I was considering resuming ebay selling, after a hiatus of some time, but I'm flabbergasted by how the fees have increased.

I just spent some time perusing several of the supposed options to ebay, that have been posted around on these forums. Most of them are no more than a joke. One that looked like it has something going for it is bonanzle.com. What do you think? Anyone had experience with this one?
Message 20 of 542
latest reply

Absolutely right....I went from 500 sales a year to 40....constantly changing rules making it harder sell made me go to other venues.Ebay is a dying duck..and Im not gonna miss um
Message 21 of 542
latest reply

Yes I have.for now Ebay is king......buti ts going to fail..another venue will rise from its ashes..ther re many out there..Good riddance Ebay..
Message 22 of 542
latest reply

Ebay is yesterdays news.theyve screwed themslves.
Message 23 of 542
latest reply

Ebay is yesterdays news..
Message 24 of 542
latest reply

essex_antiques
Enthusiast
It's not only the fees that are getting crazy it is the lack of eBay supporting sellers against buyers are unrealistic. I started on eBay 13 years ago selling Beanie Babies. That is when eBay really stood behind sellers. Now I feel like I am the bad guy when a buyer with 13 feedback complains that it either took 4 days for them to receive their item or demands money back when they didn't bother to read the description in the first place.

I've had more disputed transactions in the past 9 months than I've had in 12 years total!! And all of them have cost me money.
Message 25 of 542
latest reply

raeshelles
Enthusiast
I too use to sell quite a bit on ebay. But with the change in fee's and the lack of support from Ebay when it comes to protecting our feedbacks, it is just not worth it! I recently had a buyer win a heisey plate valued at over $90.00 he won it for 17.00. He chose not to purchase insurance...well guess what...it arrived broken. Ebay tells me I have to refund this idiot his money AND I get a negative feedback which I cannot respond to! I am so disgusted with ebay. The person that decided my fate could not spell english. I believe Ebay has hired thier employee's from countries that have low wages and cannot speak or spell english. They don't give a rat's ..... about small sellers. It's all about China it seems.
Message 26 of 542
latest reply

I am a very frustrated new seller. Last month, I had a day when 3 auctions ended. After 8 days and many e-mails, I had to open non-payment cases against 2 of them. One never paid, and I was furious to discover that I am only allowed to leave them POSITIVE feedback! Ebay said instead, they would receive a non-payment strike against them. I eventually learned NO ONE CAN SEE NON-PAYMENT STRIKES. This leaves sellers completely vulnerable, and we're the ones who are out the listing fees when buyers don't pay! (Plus, the item is now only for selling for 1/2 of what I had sold it for.) I think we should be able to file a class-action lawsuit for damages on this point, since we are purposefully deprived of information crucial to our making informed selling decisions. Just a thought. And yes, the costs and fees have gotten prohibitive. I will sell extras I happen to receive, but I have given up on the idea of making any kind of business out of this. It sounds like I started 10 years too late.
Message 27 of 542
latest reply

I too use to sell quite a bit on ebay. But with the change in fee's and the lack of support from Ebay when it comes to protecting our feedbacks, it is just not worth it! I recently had a buyer win a heisey plate valued at over $90.00 he won it for 17.00. He chose not to purchase insurance...well guess what...it arrived broken. Ebay tells me I have to refund this idiot his money AND I get a negative feedback which I cannot respond to! I am so disgusted with ebay. The person that decided my fate could not spell english. I believe Ebay has hired thier employee's from countries that have low wages and cannot speak or spell english. They don't give a rat's ..... about small sellers. It's all about China it seems.

You can reply to the feedback from this (17) newbie, respond on your page or the feedback you leave them, positive only of course but you can "RESPOND" - If you do it on your page, it will draw attention, be aware of that. The buyer says he didn't get a refund lol. I'm sure eBay refunded him/her by now - This is part of the problem here, YOU have to educate the buyers, which is why it's important that YOU know the policy.

If you had been around the boards reading and/or read policy often enough to keep up with the changes, you'd have known better than to send anything you don't care to "lose money on" such as your heisey plate, without insurance. Insurance protects the seller, always has, always will.
It's against policy to even require additional insurance anymore..

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-practices.html

"What you're not allowed to charge

Insurance: You can't charge a separate fee for insurance, although you still need to make sure your item arrives as described.

Tip: You should incorporate any insurance fees into an item's price or handling cost".

You should also have a clue by now how to ship one plate without breaking it.

lastly, why are you listing a $90 plate for $14.99 (or *whatever)
Message 28 of 542
latest reply

Hi mississippi*mercantile & welcome to The Part Timers Forum!

Great advice especially on insurance. It's amazing how many sellers stop by thinking it's the buyers obligation to pay it. Mind if I plagiarize you?

Insurance protects the seller, always has, always will.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 29 of 542
latest reply

This was very helpful and entertaining!
I usually give an incentive to BUYERS. Free shipping for the BUY IT NOW option on an auction listing. This works approximately 25-30% of the time! When they don't use the BIN option the cost of s&h comes into play.
Yes indeed, I have to council ebuyers on the cost of shipping & handling from location-destination. Why should I the seller bear the cost of sending an item to you! This logic doesn't seem to occur to TODAY'S DISCOUNT SHOPPER! They have become conditioned to receiving FREE this and FREE that!!!
What's the solution to our problem?
We must recondition/educate the ebuyers to understand that shipping and handling is REAL COST to be addressed. It's not FREE.
Thank you and have a great day.
P.S.
I have started a movement for Part time sellers to stage a Buying Boycott of eBay untill they revamp the new sellers standard. Are you willing to take part and spread the word?
Message 30 of 542
latest reply