cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS EBAY LOSING SELLER'S???

It seems to me that Ebay Is doing it's best to run the smaller seller off Ebay . The new Policies and fee's are a joke . They will learn that it was the smaller seller's that made Ebay what it is today . Not Walmart or Junk from China . No Seller's = No Buyer's = No Ebay .
It's just common sense .
Message 1 of 542
latest reply
541 REPLIES 541

I like craig and his list 🙂 But the downside of it is you have people either coming to your home (often people you would rather not come there and you have to trust that they are actually interested in what your selling and not in what you have for them to steal later) or you have to meet them which requires driving to a location, waiting and counting on them actually showing up and them paying you and not just robbing you or worse. So make sure you meet them in daylight in areas that have alot of traffic and people. Remember if people will go into a store full of people and steal then there are people who will come to your home and steal too.

Reality bites , yes the fee's here are higher, but if you look at it logically, you cant rent for less, you cant consign for less , you can't advertise in the local paper for less, so reality is as high as the fees are they are, they are still pretty much cheaper than alternatives.
Message 136 of 542
latest reply

It seems to me that Ebay Is doing it's best to run the smaller seller off Ebay . The new Policies and fee's are a joke . They will learn that it was the smaller seller's that made Ebay what it is today . Not Walmart or Junk from China . No Seller's = No Buyer's = No Ebay .
It's just common sense .

Hey guys.. I found the link to this thread on google and will share my experience with ebay

I've been a member since i was old enough to get a CC and shop at ebay, which was about 10 yrs ago. Although i haven't done much shopping, I've been browsing this site since 1996, still on a POTS 28.8kpbs connection! This site had some great deals back in the day as some of the old school members pointed out. Now most of the items people/companies sell on ebay are equivalent price and sometimes more expensive with the S&H than in retail stores!! It's crazy!

Hats off to the small time sellers who incur astronomical listing/selling fees for their items 😞 Ebay as well as the monetary system in general will eventually collapse! It's just a matter of time.

Anyway guys, Good luck.. Just wanted to add my 2 cents! And I agree with the original post
Message 137 of 542
latest reply

Hey guys.. I found the link to this thread on google and will share my experience with ebay

I've been a member since i was old enough to get a CC and shop at ebay, which was about 10 yrs ago. Although i haven't done much shopping, I've been browsing this site since 1996, still on a POTS 28.8kpbs connection! This site had some great deals back in the day as some of the old school members pointed out. Now most of the items people/companies sell on ebay are equivalent price and sometimes more expensive with the S&H than in retail stores!! It's crazy!

Hats off to the small time sellers for putting up with Ebay's astronomical listing/selling fees 😞 Ebay as well as the monetary system in general will eventually collapse! It's just a matter of time.

Anyway guys, Good luck.. Just wanted to add my 2 cents! And I agree with the original post

EDITED
Message 138 of 542
latest reply

Apparently NOT!

And to all you people that think that Universal Justice will Win in the end...

And evilBay will eventually get it's just deserts?

Uh, Don't Count On It.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Toy: 1996 Adamas 1881 ;  photo d3c27a4e-2de6-48e4-8a38-73242748826d_zpsbb3k8gvk.jpg
Message 139 of 542
latest reply

Warezer writes:
"Ebay as well as the monetary system in general will eventually collapse! It's just a matter of time"

Ebay may fade , but 20 years before you were born we were all told that by now we'd be living in a cashless society.

Sure electronic payments are a big part of everyday life, but until I can send you a chicken for your nice picture frame , cash in some form or other will always be around.

Brother can you spare a dime !

SPITFIRE

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 140 of 542
latest reply

I still do a little bit of buying but very little to no selling anymore. For most ordinary items a certain guy's "list" works better for me and, for the specialized musical items I tend to sell, there are many forums that have grown up over the years where there is a lot of item specific interest on a national and international level. Ebay probably makes a lot more money off the big sellers or people trying to run a business but it doesn't really appeal to me like it used to, as someone who simply wants to sell something once in a while. They've lost a certain segment of the market. I can only guess they've done the math and it's by choice.
Message 141 of 542
latest reply

By choice ????
Dude , it's been an out and out assault on the small time seller !
That's not a choice....that's a corporate directive !

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 142 of 542
latest reply

By choice ????
Dude , it's been an out and out assault on the small time seller !
That's not a choice....that's a corporate directive !
I agree. It's just a matter of semantics. Why Ebay would choose to loose any share of their market is something I don't get. I can only say that they get a lot less profit from me as an individual than they used to. That must not be a big deal to them.
Message 143 of 542
latest reply

for the specialized musical items I tend to sell, there are many forums that have grown up over the years where there is a lot of item specific interest on a national and international level.

I can relate...

I buy/sell guitars. Back in 2006 this was a good place to do both. Not now.
I find much better deals at much better prices on Guitar forums.
Yeah, I am still selling some guitars here... Or trying to sell some!:-(
But if I want to buy or sell a Quality Item, it won't be here.

(I have been trying to sell that Draco since May! X-()
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Toy: 1996 Adamas 1881 ;  photo d3c27a4e-2de6-48e4-8a38-73242748826d_zpsbb3k8gvk.jpg
Message 144 of 542
latest reply

It's just common sense .

Hello again, it has been a few months since I posted. I decided to try selling a few more things since eBay is having the listing sale.
I'll also try the printing shipment info from PayPal to get the .19 cent delivery confirmation. Some of you folks gave me advice on that - thanks again.

eBay sent me a few emails asking for feedback as a new seller. I told them something similar to OP's sentiment - that eBay had started as a way for casual sellers to make money by connecting to people around the world who would want their unused items - but now has changed into a weird, non-branded online store for a lot of volume junk. The sellers from China can be difficult to spot - I got ripped off by one of them.

I also told eBay I have a big problem with listing items as free shipping, because shipping is NEVER free and it just gets added to the eBay final fees. It sets unrealistic expectations in buyers that they should be able to get free shipping on items from most sellers - volume sellers, as well part-timers who can't absorb it into overhead costs.

They later wanted me to do a survey about putting things into categories and offered a $10 Amex card - we'll see if it ever shows up in the mail.

Maybe this current "listing sale" test will show them something. Wish me luck and this go-round; I'm going to try and not lose money! Best of selling to you all!
Message 145 of 542
latest reply

Welcome back KansasGal & good luck!
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 146 of 542
latest reply

vintage.antiquities
Enthusiast
I sell at two other places online. I just started listing some items when eBay had the free insertion fee going on. It's cheaper in all ways to sell on the other online auctions, but eBay is okay at times. I just posted a comment on the unethical feedback policy to hamper the increase of feedback numbers for sellers on transactions. This is just one more nail in the coffin. I had no idea that eBay was cheating me on the number of feedbacks I was receiving, until I really looked after a buyer who bought 10 items posted all 10 postiive comments, and my number only went up by 1. eBay is doing many things just wrong.

It's just common sense .
Message 147 of 542
latest reply

Yes,but not many ask.
Message 148 of 542
latest reply

amishs25
Enthusiast
WHERE else do you sell? I am getting off ebay. I was ok paying the fees. But ebay cares about the buyers, and they let buyers rip me off. I'd pay the fees if sellers actually got a benefit from it from the buyers. We cant even warn other sellers with negative feedback!!!

Message 149 of 542
latest reply

After all this time, mass2020 (the Original Poster) is still listing stuff.

Just an observation! :^O
tribal border photo: tribal border smaller bbc1bd22.jpg
Reality is just an illusion, Albeit a very persistent one! [Albert Einstein]
Message 150 of 542
latest reply