cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS EBAY LOSING SELLER'S???

It seems to me that Ebay Is doing it's best to run the smaller seller off Ebay . The new Policies and fee's are a joke . They will learn that it was the smaller seller's that made Ebay what it is today . Not Walmart or Junk from China . No Seller's = No Buyer's = No Ebay .
It's just common sense .
Message 1 of 542
latest reply
541 REPLIES 541

I would guess that not only are they losing sellers but all the sellers that have decided to close up shop will no longer be buyers as well so they'll lose on both ends of this deal.
Message 2 of 542
latest reply

It seems to me that Ebay Is doing it's best to run the smaller seller off Ebay . The new Policies and fee's are a joke . They will learn that it was the smaller seller's that made Ebay what it is today . Not Walmart or Junk from China . No Seller's = No Buyer's = No Ebay .
It's just common sense .

Hi Mass & welcome to The Part Timers Forum!

I've looked at your history, http://forums.ebay.com/search.jspa?messageProps=tags&q=&tags=&dateRange=all&userID=mass2020&numResults=15 , & it seems you've been hit a few times causing your discontent with eBay. Not a problem! Wanna' vent? This is the place... Please remember we've probably all experienced your problem but we try to find a way to deal with it & find a way to improve everyone's situation>
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 3 of 542
latest reply

I would guess that not only are they losing sellers but all the sellers that have decided to close up shop will no longer be buyers as well so they'll lose on both ends of this deal.

Hi CarpTwoStein & welcome to The Part Timers Forum!

Seems it's been poor pickin's for you for years? http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Ebay-Stores/The-Real-Reasons/520005650?start=250&#msg520397072

We've had a number of discussions on this issue & posters addressing other venues they're looking at. Maybe you should spend some time here finding & reading them? Better to be informed than bitter.

Hope this helps!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 4 of 542
latest reply

keldasales
Enthusiast
Most sellers are buyers, but most buyers aren't sellers. When the buyers, who aren't sellers leave, then ebay will be dead. I don't see that happening in the near future.

First of all, we are a Wal Mart loving society! So what would ebay lose from being like Wal Mart? Nothing. And Chinese sellers wouldn't sell on ebay if people weren't buying. Consumers sacrifice quality for quantity everyday. And when a person gets ripped off or gets junk, do they stop buying on ebay? Nope.

Where else can you get this much traffic without working your tail off for it? I don't know of anywhere. But ebay isn't the only game in town, either. Its just one of the two largest and with the most traffic.

There's are other places and you can make money at it, but it takes ton more work than ebay to garner traffic. Am I happy about the changes coming in the Spring? Nope. Am I going to have to deal with them if I want to take advantage of ebay's traffic? Yep.

Like Honda said, read some of the threads. There are a couple of exciting venues that are growing because of ebay's upcoming changes. Why not considering diversifying? If doing just ebay isn't working for you, maybe there's another venue somewhere else that will work better for you. Granted, you'll have to work a little harder, but perhaps that will be good outlet for your anger and make you feel like you are in control of your business again.
Message 5 of 542
latest reply

Small sellers cannot afford to offer free shipping and most everyone complains about cost. They should check the actual cost of shipping to verify that no money is made from shipping. If the price is listed then they should not bid if they do not agree with the cost. I'm tired of being below standard because everyone thinks they should not have to pay the price of actual shipping.......
Message 6 of 542
latest reply

hatter-2
Enthusiast
I've posted this before...can't remember if it was here...but the following is the first paragraph of my item description:

A thought from The Mad Hatter…It's about time we all sat down and had a little chat about shipping charges. Let's face it...they're expensive! And there's no sense in your getting into a hissy-fit over them after an auction is over...it's bad for your blood pressure. Think about this...the average item I ship from here in New Jersey weighs about 2 pounds 8 ounces. Shipped Priority Mail to New York City, it would cost $5.50. The same item shipped to Chicago, $9.05; to Denver, $10.60; and to Phoenix or Los Angeles, it would be $11.95. That's more than double what it costs to ship to NYC from here! Fed Ex and UPS are even more. If you think the shipping charges are excessive or too expensive, I beg you, please don't bid! Remember...no hissy-fits!

The boldface is actually in the text of my listings.

I had a 4.7 on my shpping DSRs and within 6 months, it improved to a 4.9. I didn't change anything in the way I ship and never offer free shipping. One thing however, is I stopped charging a handling charge about a year ago. I cover all the costs of shipping supplies by the discount for online through ebay/PayPal and by buying supplies in bulk..
Photobucket
Message 7 of 542
latest reply

It is hard as a small seller to afford free shipping so the profit margin is very very slim. With shipping prices going up, it seems I may need to change to media rate items to sell. Or just first class.
Live, Laugh, Love, Dance!
Message 8 of 542
latest reply

It's just common sense .

I am thinking of the rich folks around Portland who don't want a Wal*mart in their neighborhood.
Since 2004 Wal*mart has tried to open 3 or 4 stores here but have been stopped by the folks who don't want one near their house.
(These people don't care about the small stores that might close, they just don't want the traffic in their neighborhood)
Anyway... Wal*mart is doing just fine anyway. And people will still shop there...
Yes, all of their crap is made in sweatshops.
Yes, Sam Walton only sold American-made products... Now NOTHING is made in America!
But people still shop there.

Once evilBay drives away all the small antique dealers, there will still be people buying Chinese copies...

evilBay's preferred customer base is not really idealistic... Y'know?:^O
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Toy: 1996 Adamas 1881 ;  photo d3c27a4e-2de6-48e4-8a38-73242748826d_zpsbb3k8gvk.jpg
Message 9 of 542
latest reply

Hi bdriggers & welcome to The Part Timers Forum!

WoW! Seems all the less frequent posters found this thread....,.

Message 10 of 542
latest reply

darrellm2005rockets
Enthusiast
They just lost me. My last sale was a few days ago. I'll still shop on ebay from time to time, but the ridiculous greed on ebay's part has driven me away as a seller.
@ Ebay:
You now own paypal, so you are collecting money everytime someone receives a payment. At the same time, you continue to raise final-value fees, and institute policies that are hostile towards the seller (taking away the sellers ability to leave negative feedback, for instance). Why can't you give it a rest?! STOP WITH THE SKY-HIGH FEES!
Message 11 of 542
latest reply

AH - HAH

preaching to the choir here

ebay wil lose about 30% of all their sellers within One Year

all that'll be left is shamwows and cheap trinkets to buy from China

I used to make $100,000/year on ebay - its now down to $25,000 and going lower

thank GOD I have a day job
Life has become immeasurably better since I have chosen to stop taking it seriously.
Message 12 of 542
latest reply

chriscastanza
Enthusiast
-- I HAVE SOLD EIGHT ITEMS ....

EVEVRYMONTH I PAY A FEE... SOON, SINCE IM NOT A "AVID SELLER" I WILL BE PAYING TO SELL NOTHING... SHOULD I JUST LEAVE? ILL SECOND
Message 13 of 542
latest reply

chriscastanza
Enthusiast
- WHAT I WANT TO DO IS MABYE BECOME A VERY FREQUENT SELLER .. IF I SUCCEED IN MY WISES WILL IT BE WORTH IT... I AM A PART TIMER ..
Message 14 of 542
latest reply

chriscastanza
Enthusiast
dsnt seem to profitable..
Message 15 of 542
latest reply