cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS EBAY LOSING SELLER'S???

It seems to me that Ebay Is doing it's best to run the smaller seller off Ebay . The new Policies and fee's are a joke . They will learn that it was the smaller seller's that made Ebay what it is today . Not Walmart or Junk from China . No Seller's = No Buyer's = No Ebay .
It's just common sense .
Message 1 of 542
latest reply
541 REPLIES 541

Re: IS EBAY LOSING SELLER'S???

the rant goes on deaf ears ebay wont listen or even change they have a god like complesx this why face book will kill them

Message 511 of 542
latest reply

I believe they are!! I for one will no longer be selling here. It is definitely geared to the big time vendor. When a buyer unfairly returns an item, they don't hurt as much. My listing specifically said NO RETURNS ACCEPTED. This means nothing!! The buyer accused me of misrepresenting an item even though it was not! eBay decided in their favor and charged me to receive the item back! There is no protection for sellers whatsoever. They encourage bad buyers. I cannot afford to take hits like this selling only a couple items a month. The variety is shrinking, fees are rising and eBay is no longer the great auction site it once was. 

Message 512 of 542
latest reply

@rico07 wrote:

My listing specifically said NO RETURNS ACCEPTED.

... then, go away and don't return.

Message 513 of 542
latest reply

That's why I am phasing out into other avenues. They are a joke anymore. Sales are horrible now. I only have 1/3 the items listed I did and slowly trickling away. Oh well. 

Message 514 of 542
latest reply

That would be me! Phasing out quick and moving on as a buyer and seller. 

Message 515 of 542
latest reply

@kirni wrote:
I am done with Ebay.Have deleted all the listings and binned the item.Better then to be robbed.Within a few years this company going to close down.I will never buy and sell again.

I love the quoted post... almost five months later and the poster is still happily, or unhappily

buying and selling on eBay. "Never", just doesn't seem to last as long as it once did.

Message 516 of 542
latest reply

Most people who vent about things have been harmed in someway so don't try to be smart by exposing a person by saying you've checked their history because it makes you look like you work for ebay the company not as a seller. Btw, I don't want a reply or a fun fact about which one you are Im just a person that doesn't like bullies.

Message 517 of 542
latest reply

eBay is run by some super stupid people. If you have used eBay to sell, you should know that. The listing app is full of bugs. Fonts change style and color unpredictably and randomly. The refund function on the return page always flash "the refund did not go through" when a refund is issued, regardless of whether the refund went through. More than a couple of times, I absolutely could not process a refund after dozens of attempts. Eventually, some rep said that the problem is some sort of software bug and I had to go to PayPal to send money to the buyer, then get the transaction number, then contact eBay to get a return closed--there is no way to issue refund directly either thorough eBay or PayPal. eBay is full of so many stupid dysfunctionalities. And eBay's reps answering calls are a sleazy, stupid, slurring bunch. It has been so common for the reps to out-and-out lie to get a caller to go away. eBay is just a sleazy, corrupt, stupid organization that occupy an internet space that has not yet been challeged. Another better run organization should come along to displace and destroy eBay who should go away like MySpace.com eBay is just too sleazy and stupid.

Message 518 of 542
latest reply

I agree . Ebays greed of hitting seller with 10 percent fee is ridiculous.

10 percent of  selling most of their junks or used items to raise few bucks . USED items not NEW items

are you serious?

I honestly think 5 percent fee is max cap. they are making this look as listing is FREE by no charge then hit with final fee to steal the little margin sellers get from selling this. Reason why sellers are not happy at all. no othersite does this. greed based business moves sellers to amazon and other sites. iam thinking about moving entire bases to other sites currently.   ebay will be going down will be shut soon at this pace of greed. 10 percent of margin taken by ebay. if you sell 500 dollar item they take 50 bucks from you. what kind of nonsense is this.? 50 dollars. !! they claim they only provide platform to sell it . by chargin people FINAL fee means they are taking part of selling process as well. this is liable for classaction lawsuit.

Message 519 of 542
latest reply

I think for clothing, people are going with poshmark. Its way simpler and the fees are strait forward no listing fees, and u don't need pay pal, u can get funds deposited into your bank account 

Message 520 of 542
latest reply

@meca7100 wrote:

I agree . Ebays greed of hitting seller with 10 percent fee is ridiculous.

10 percent of  selling most of their junks or used items to raise few bucks . USED items not NEW items

are you serious?

I honestly think 5 percent fee is max cap. they are making this look as listing is FREE by no charge then hit with final fee to steal the little margin sellers get from selling this. Reason why sellers are not happy at all. no othersite does this. greed based business moves sellers to amazon and other sites. iam thinking about moving entire bases to other sites currently.   ebay will be going down will be shut soon at this pace of greed. 10 percent of margin taken by ebay. if you sell 500 dollar item they take 50 bucks from you. what kind of nonsense is this.? 50 dollars. !! they claim they only provide platform to sell it . by chargin people FINAL fee means they are taking part of selling process as well. this is liable for classaction lawsuit.

Some people think everything is liable for a class action suit.

If you have a cheaper place to sell (not Amazon, LOL), why wouldn't you just do it, instead of claiming that you can sue because eBay charged you what they said they would charge you?

BTW, eBay has been charging 10% for about five years. How long before they shut down?

Message 521 of 542
latest reply

The free shipping is is a joke. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS   F R E E  SHIPPING!! Someone pays for it AND if I list something as Free Shipping you can BET that the shipping cost IS imbeded in the buying price. Ebay wins either way, either higher Final value fee OR final value fee on shipping price.

Message 522 of 542
latest reply

eBay is deliberately showing adverts etc. which slow their system down by ober 65%.

They really don't care about single buyers as they have a management which earn over $3 million each. All of which used to be our money used for purchases. Frankly, I don't care if governments arrest their management for fraudulent theft. It might move them back to the helpful people they were when it opened many years ago. I'd like to move to Ebid but eBay are trying to destroy them. Oh well, we'll die at eBay's hope.

Message 523 of 542
latest reply

It's interesting to go back to the beginning of this thread (2010) and read about how eBay is trying to get rid of all of the small sellers. And then read the same thing in the 2018 posts.

So when is this "getting rid of" actually going to happen? If they've allegedly been at it for EIGHT YEARS, maybe you're all just imagining it.
Message 524 of 542
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well whether or not Ebay is running them off who knows. But as a Small just home mom seller,( I buy way More then I sell) When you no longer have sells, And you see Great sellers leaving Ebay because of all the scammers( I find most are Also Sellers)  And New OMG Ebay Rules, Free shipping free returns .Just give the item to them ever though we know nothing is wrong with it and refund them **bleep**.  Being over run with rules that only help Buyers. Is Crazy. 

Kinda hard to make sells when there is no one to sell too. I know I am a buyer and I am not seeing all these other sellers ya'll keep saying are signing up every day. I see more Sellers leaving and I guess I will be next,  I have only had a few returns in the 8 years I been on here, Only 1 was my fault the other 3 I was forced to take back... 

I had one just the other day... Sold A diecast collectiable ( metal car) in Box packed in original foam  wrapped in Large bubble wrap and in another box and covered in peanuts......  Guy ask for return said it was damaged .... I ask for Pictures of damage and Box.  It was insured, Did not get Pictures, so Sent label for return, Received back, NO damage at all.....  And have another Buyer now sent a message about another diecast car sold,  He said the roof fell off and parts all in the box, How in the heck does a metal casted roof on a metal car just fall off , Thats crazy Would have to have been ran over and then I dont think it would just fall off... NO PICTURES as of yet .Has not opened a return so far....

All I can say is If you have insurance on an item and cant get pictures from Buyers How ya going to file a claim?  Also If you would like to lie about a damaged item in shipping , Make up a good  story one someone might believe...

Message 525 of 542
latest reply