cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS EBAY LOSING SELLER'S???

It seems to me that Ebay Is doing it's best to run the smaller seller off Ebay . The new Policies and fee's are a joke . They will learn that it was the smaller seller's that made Ebay what it is today . Not Walmart or Junk from China . No Seller's = No Buyer's = No Ebay .
It's just common sense .
Message 1 of 542
latest reply
541 REPLIES 541

Re: IS EBAY LOSING SELLER'S???

Of course eBay is loosing sellers. The same thing happened to me with regards to an abusive buyer.   I am really fed-up with the way they treat their small sellers. I have been with eBay since 1997. I have since closed my store; based on the unrealistic expectations of the store policies. It's all about the buyer and let's stick it to the seller. No way to leave negative feedback for a terrible buyer that continually abuses the seller. This is not a company that wants to keep its sellers happy. 

Message 481 of 542
latest reply

I stopped selling on ebay years ago when the fees went up to around 13%, it wasn’t worth my time to sell an item if I was only going to make a few dollars after all the ebay and paypal fees. Ebay is losing buyers as well as sellers. Buyer are jumping to Amazon or retail stores. Part of the problem with ebay is the good seller are being punished for the bad and there are a ton of bad sellers. I have been with ebay since the beginning, from 1996 -2014 I only had to file 2 claims on ebay, but from 2015-2016 I have filed seven, mostly for Items not received. I used to shop on ebay every day but I now find I can get the same items for cheaper on Amazon or even at the retailers. Not only are they cheaper but the shipping is less or free and you get it fast. Amazon’s customer service is great. ebay’s customer service sinks, example I ordered 2 Dewalt 12v batteries on Feb 19 (buy now), it is march 7th and I have yet to receive them, ebay is still working on it, needs a few more days, ebay says shipping label was made on the 19th but UPS have no record of pick up. It will be 4 weeks before I get my money back from the time I paid, this is ridiculous. Ebay is losing sales because bad sellers are making unhappy buyers! The good sellers here are the ones being punished. As a rule, buyers should not buy from sellers with a 99% or below. ebay needs to kick out bad sellers, not limit communication between sellers and buyers but monitor it. ebay need to stop charging fees on shipping.

Message 482 of 542
latest reply

Our business was doing well then all of sudden, nothing for the of March 2016.

My business partner tried going to our online ebay shop and said it was gone.

We have paid out the nose for fees and keep it current. I called ebay about

it, but Ebay says nothing is wrong with their website or our store. We will be closing

up shop very soon and going to shopify.

Message 483 of 542
latest reply

YES!! I am done with e-bay. I am done with Pay Pal. You will no longer rob me as a seller beccauseI am not selling any longer. Good luck because I am going to do better without you and your continual practices will eventually leave you bankrupt .

Message 484 of 542
latest reply

Just had 2 terrible experiences with Ebay.

They are pro-buyer but anti-seller lately.

Their fees are ridiculous.

I just received a return back destroyed and they said there is no longer protection for sellers for that!!!

I will be moving on to other competition.

Message 485 of 542
latest reply

With 100% feedback for like the last year and a bounce in and out for 12 years. Ebay comes up with this not meeting standard with the threat of putting me into a lower selling bracket. When it came time for the review, they gave me the boot resticting my selling. Was a surprize that I did not keep quanites right and and had to retrun money at times, but never thought it was enough to get the boot.

Message 486 of 542
latest reply

same happened to me business shut off,now very slow,20 boxes a week to 2

Message 487 of 542
latest reply

I will also be leaving eBay after 2 things that happened this week, first I never received payment on an item & second I had someone say that the bracelet I sold was not the length listed ( it was) she was very rude about it too.  Upon contactiing eBay all they do is stick up for the buyer, then want me to pay her return shipping, WHAT?  Since when did that happen.  Fee after fee & no support for the seller.  I've been stuck many times with unpaid items & no recourse for the buyer. Bye Ebay I'm done, I'll find another place to sell.

Message 488 of 542
latest reply

Same here, I have been on here years and all of a sudden my sales drop. Used to do awesome on here, last week I made $8 so I am moving on.

Message 489 of 542
latest reply

Same thing here. I too am restricted and have trying my absolute best to get ratings up, have been inproving greatly on my feedback from buys and my rating percent keeps decreasing. I have totally lost interest and am leaving.

Message 490 of 542
latest reply

Have stopped buying from China also. Feel bad about this as sellers from that area are

most likely honest business people.

Message 491 of 542
latest reply

Was charged an end auction early fee because I had to make a few changes on the listing. Now I'm paying for 10% end auction early fee 13% ebay and paypal fee after item is sold. I lost more than I gained. Just contacted them about it, if I don't receive a refund on that, I'm ending my 10 year business with eBay for good. They'll turn into a thing of the past if they keep this up.
Message 492 of 542
latest reply

@maxunlimit3d Max ~ if you have questions about revising or cancelling a listing, please always ask on the Community Boards or check the A - Z help pages located under the Site Map at the bottom of every eBay page.

You may cancel a listing free of charge one (1) time during a 12 month period:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/end_early.html

Most often you can revise a listing without having to cancel:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/revising_restrictions.html

Most good sellers make sure that they are aware of revision and cancellation policies before actually doing so.

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 493 of 542
latest reply

I was betrayed by eBay this year 2016. eBay forced me to make full refund for broken item to buyer who reported a 'item not as described' case after 3 weeks of receiving the item. EBay wanted me to pay for buyer's return too and threatened no refund of final value fee. What a stupid middle man trading platform, ebay commits a crime with the buyer for cheating me. I provided evidences and called up your hotlines but your cs sent me msg to say sorry but no overturn on decision. Anyway, what goes around comes around. Perhaps eBay is sending a new msg to sellers...if you can't benefit by selling, then cheat like buyers then. **bleep**! I am done!
Message 494 of 542
latest reply

I shipped a $100 duffle bag to Hawaii. USPS took a long time so ebay gave the buyer his money back. Right after Ebay refunded him without my permission the tracking said delivered.  I contacted Ebay and they couldn't help so I contacted the buyer asking him to ship it back or pay me if he wants to keep it. Long story short he kept it and never paid me jack. Good job Ebay, you owe me!!! Yes, ebay is losing sellers and buyers as I have seen sales drop dramitcally in the last few years. In 2012 I use to be able to list anything and sell it, now it's like where the heck is everybody.

Message 495 of 542
latest reply