cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Furry Friends ~ eBay Style!

Spring is here, and the weather today was glorious ~ 79 degrees in No. Calif!  My dog, Max, found a comfortable landing spot to view the birds and the bees in my back yard.  

IMG_0967.JPGIMG_0968.JPG 

Spoiler
Bench pillows and cushion purchased on eBay!

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 1 of 193
latest reply
192 REPLIES 192

Re: Furry Friends ~ eBay Style!

I noticed those bushy tan "eyebrows", too. So cute.

Savanna said it was the most "planned"-looking shot she has. That just really tugged at my heart because the bird I had could NEVER be still for a photo unless he was sleeping, in which case his head was buried in his fluffed-up feathers and he was more of a "blob" shape, haha. So I can relate to that kind of struggle with photos and figured - why not try for something "professional" looking? Everyone should have at least one awesome photo of their pet.

**One day only offer - if anyone else wants a photo conversion similar to what I did for Savanna, send me a PM with your image.**

Message 76 of 193
latest reply

My next photo is of Pete (aka Peter Parker,  Peter Moose, etc),  a flame point.  

He's a sweetie pie.

If you ignore him, he'll touch your cheek (or chin), with his paw.   No claws.

He likes to push everything off the desk.

He's got the biggest purr.  

When he was 5 he had surgery, due to stones in his bladder.

Not cheap.

But when we look at his big blue eyes, we had no other choice.

Squeaks when he meows.

Jean

Message 77 of 193
latest reply

Pete011.JPG

Message 78 of 193
latest reply

In the background is my 19",  1984 Sony Trinitron TV.  Back then I paid $400.

It's finally going belly-up.

Jean

Message 79 of 193
latest reply

The next kitty photos is Gracie.  Named after a 95 year old aunt.

Gracie was featured on Arizona Humane Society's Pets on Parade, weekly show.

We thought she was a Munchkin kitty (short legs), but she is all fur.

Every 3 months, she gets a lion's hair cut.  

The groomer loves cutting her hair.  Gracie is such a sweet kitty.

When she comes home, she struts her stuff.  

She recently turned 12.  We have loved her since she was 5 months.

Jean

Message 80 of 193
latest reply

Gracie, before and after.013.JPG001.JPG

Message 81 of 193
latest reply

Those are some gorgeous looking kitties, Jean....love the lion cut and also love the old TV, lol

Soooo, my trip this week took me out of the heat of the Sacramento valley to cooler temps in Tahoe and then a trip to see my daughter in the SF Bay Area because I am dog sitting Abby while they are on vaca......she wasn't in the house 5 minutes before she decided to help herself to my fast food salad which I foolishly left on the table:

IMG_20160628_093712.jpg  IMG_20150816_162828.jpg

Does she look guilty?

Message 82 of 193
latest reply

I am loving all the pictures. A good looking bunch! Thanks everybody for giving me big smiles. 😁

I wanted to leave a note about how upsetting fireworks can be for pets. If you plan to go out, I hope you have a safe place for your babies. Fireworks are legal here, so it's been going on since Friday, with today being the absolute worst.

Bits is very frightened by loud noises, with thunderstorms normally being the freaks her out the most. That is, until the week of the 4th. It's the intermittent setting off of one here, a few more there, a bunch later, then back to one that causes the biggest problem. No predictability, so she gets on hi alert waiting for the next boom or pop, even though it may not happen again, for hours.

We have a thunder vest for her, which I just put on a little while ago and that seems to have helped, for the time being. I found this info graph online for people who haven't bought a thunder vest. I tried it last year, so thought I would pass it along.

08fc24227fb6d09daa373d152b1c7d8b.jpg

·•❖•· the wolf you feed wins ·•❖•·
Message 83 of 193
latest reply

Great info, savanna.....so I wondered if the "wrap" would also work for a stressed out person, so I tried it....I may have gone just a bit overboard, but it works like a charm!

Message 84 of 193
latest reply

Perfect, hidy! 😄 I think I would have had to have left my face uncovered, though.

Re: The wrap for dogs, in the articles I've read on the wrap method have given different reasons why it works. Before I started researching it, I thought it had to do with feeling like they were getting hugs. That's me putting a human perspective on how animals thunk and feel.

When Bits starts to get so upset, I care less about why it works and am just glad that it does.

Message 85 of 193
latest reply

Hidy,

Abby is cute!  Bet you couldn't get upset at her, for sharing your lunch.

Just look at that little face.

Jean

Message 86 of 193
latest reply

@nomoaa wrote:

Hidy,

Abby is cute!  Bet you couldn't get upset at her, for sharing your lunch.

Just look at that little face.

Jean

.....well, a little history ~ I sold my house last year and am now in a rental until I decide what and where I want to be when I grow up Smiley Happy ~ the point being that I have no say in the landscape design....and it is all drought resistant lava rock Smiley Mad and shrubs ~ for those that don't know what lava rock looks like, here it is:

IMG_20160704_092503.jpg.....the brown/black stuff is lava rock

soooo, Abby, the sweet faced doggy that nomo was talking about refuses to do her business when I take her for an early morning walk, or any walk as the case may be, and much prefers to play a game called "Hidy-Hoo, find the Poo"Smiley Surprised

IMG_20160704_092546.jpgIt's like looking for a frippin' needle in a haystack...TMI? laughing emo.gif

Message 87 of 193
latest reply

Hi hidy, seeing that yard took me back to the years I lived in Texas. The ground was mostly caliche, which made the growth of anything, but stunted, hardy, scrubby plants, next to impossible.

It wasn't quite desert, but it wasn't full of greenery either. I'll post about our adventures in Texas gardening some day.

Abby is such a cutie I'm sure you forgive everything. 🙂

Message 88 of 193
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Savanna, thanks for sharing the thunder vest and body-wrap tip to calm dogs who are fearful of loud noises.  Glad to hear the thunder vest helped Bits get through the 4th. 

Annika is unusual in that she has no fear of fireworks.  Incidentally, she was born a week prior to the 4th of July -- maybe that explains her atypical (non) reaction to fireworks??  This year, the city enacted a "Safe & Sane" only fireworks ordinance, but nobody seemed to care.  Illegal aerial fireworks were going up all around the city. 

Annika didn't seem to mind.  Despite the explosive commotion, she just went about her usual business catching Frisbees, playing ball, and sometimes just sitting down for a break to watch the fireworks.  Her brain must be wired differently or something. Smiley Tongue   She is a very intelligent dog -- knows the names of her 20+ toys and will bring the correct toy on command.  Unfortunately, I have not trained her to put away her toys in her toy box.  But there are Australian Cattle Dogs I've seen on YouTube that are trained to do just that -- pick up and put away their toys.  Annika must be a step ahead.  She knows if she puts away her toys, the games are over.  So why would she be duped into stopping the fun? Smiley Very Happy

IMG_6690.JPG

Message 89 of 193
latest reply

Beautiful dog!  i don't recall right off the bat what kind she is, but they have such beautiful markings and I like their personality.  They do have herding instincts right?

And while I'm at it, welcome!

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 90 of 193
latest reply