eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups are a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Re: Final Value Fees are too high!!

in reply to serene_fuschia

PHOTO REQUIREMENTS TO REMEMBER
Every listing must have at least one photo

Listings without accompanying photos are no longer allowed. If your item isn't something you can photograph yourself (e.g., a vacation package), browse the Internet for copyright-free images you can use with your listing.

Minimum photo size

eBay requires a minimum length of 500 pixels for the longest side; setting your camera's default to High or Medium photo quality will ensure your photos are large enough.

Click here to watch a demo that will show you how to find photo sizes on a PC and a Mac.

Don't use borders on your photos

Borders aren’t allowed on any of your photos. The only exception is if you have a “natural” border created by photographing your square or rectangular item against a neutral-colored backdrop.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Community Member

in reply to loveyourimagination49

Hi:

I tried but I do not know where it went?! 

Look, I am going to seem idiotic here but I have not been on these boards for longer than 5 years?! Things are so different. It just seemed more intuitive before. In any event consider me a nubie with regards to this, and so I have no idea where to look for my board -- I chosed tools. So I looked there for my thread, and could not find it! Smiley Sad

Sorry for cluleness. 

Regarding the photo sizing -- does ebay accept a perfect square photo? 1,200 x1,200? Now with the new listing system?

Community Member

in reply to loveyourimagination49

Hi:

So I am glad you can see my message. So I do not mean to be rude or anything. I was having sucha an hard time! My ability to access forums did not work! I was on here for about 30 minutes trying. And then "miracuoulously", my logo appeared and so now I am here.

But the reason I came on here was to ask a question. I needed a little assistance. I understand if you are uninterested since I guess this is not the board for it. So if you are likely to try to help me with a question regarding photo requirements, I would be very grateful

Community Member

in reply to eddieg11
@serene_fushia

Community Member

in reply to eddieg11
Yes we can see, what's your question?

You may want to start a new topic.

Community Member

in reply to eddieg11

can you see this message? I am trying to ask a question

Community Member

in reply to eddieg11

Community Member

in reply to pixelshopcanada

It's way too high...

Community Member

in reply to eddieg11
I'm done with ebay this is fckn ridiculous!!!!!
Community Member

in reply to eddieg11
"It isn't just final value fees,relisting fees per month are extremely costly if you don't sell quickly,100 listings times .030 cents per listing is adding to the expense ,selling cheap and paying high fees with eBay is going to put you to paying more for the month than you earned with the sales"

You had 146 listings in the past 3 months. With 50/month free, your listing fees should have been minimal. Your real problem is your 10% sell rate. Maybe your stuff isn't a good fit here.
Community Member

in reply to lureiam14

lureiam14 wrote:
Garage sales may be free,but where I live there is a fee monthly for garbage collection 🚚👌

... and I applaud you for knowing the difference between Free and Fee, it would be great if more did.

Community Member

in reply to eddieg11
It isn't just final value fees,relisting fees per month are extremely costly if you don't sell quickly,100 listings times .030 cents per listing is adding to the expense ,selling cheap and paying high fees with eBay is going to put you to paying more for the month than you earned with the sales,sale within the free listing period then you will do all right,fees are a necessity in this type of business, JUST NOT SO MANY,AND AT EVERY TURN!?
Community Member

in reply to eddieg11
Garage sales may be free,but where I live there is a fee monthly for garbage collection 🚚👌
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to purebliss1971

purebliss1971 wrote:

I didn't know about these fees until after I sold the item!  You have to search and search to find the actual fees, eBay should be ashamed!  

@purebliss1971

Hmm ... the bottom of every listing looks like this, with a total of the insertion fees and a disclaimer that you will be charged a fee when the item sells:

Clicking on the i tells you to click on the amount ... clicking on the insertion fee total gives you this (also with a disclaimer that you will pay a fee when the item sells):

And clicking on "Learn More" in either the first screen or the second screen brings you here:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/insertion-fee.html#fvf

That doesn't seem very "hidden" or buried so deep that you have to "search and search".

Patience is the ability to let your light shine after your fuse has blown out.

PostingID

Community Member

[ Edited ]

Hmmm... my response above failed to cover a few other issues that may "surprise" you.

• You can't leave Negs, or Neuts for buyers... that's new... uh... since 2008.
  • Free Shipping isn't really free, you still have to pay the Post Office.
  • No Returns, does not mean No Refunds.

Have a nice day.

Community Member

@purebliss1971 yup, really... what more do you want??????????????????????????

eBay doesn't hide it's fee structure under a rock in the middle of the Enchanted Forrest...

The fees are clearly posted for all to read. If you can't do that much to educate yourself,

eBay ain't for you, because contrary to what many believe, eBay is a business, it's not a

chatrity. If you want cheap, or free... haul your treasures to the end of the driveway...

Option 1, is called a Yard Sale, you may have heard of it, Option 2, is called Garbage Day.

Oh, and yes, both are FREE.

Community Member

in reply to bronx-dog

Really?? That's the response!

Community Member

in reply to hidy-hoo

I didn't know about these fees until after I sold the item!  You have to search and search to find the actual fees, eBay should be ashamed!  

Community Member

purebliss1971 wrote:

I was also surprised by the HIGH FEES selling on eBay!!

I hope you read the prices on a restaurant's menu...

get a "surprise" there and you could be washing dishes.

Community Member

purebliss1971 wrote:

I was also surprised by the HIGH FEES selling on eBay!!  I will NOT use them anymore, which unfortunate because I love the safeguards eBay provides ( which should be able to be covered easily with 3-5% commission)

@purebliss1971  There is no reason to be surprised by eBay fees as they are all stated quite clearly ~ 10% of the total selling price for eBay in most categories without a store, and 2.9% plus .30¢ for PayPal.  In addition, listing fees are displayed on the listing form before you hit "post".

If you find another selling venue that only charges 5% and reaches the world wide audience that eBay does, by all means, come back and let us know.

In the future, read the boards and groups and ask questions before you start selling and you will receive valuable information that will make your eBay selling profitable and fun.

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!  winking fire flame photo: smile flame smiley_fire.gif