eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Re: Final Value Fees are too high!!

in reply to eddieg11

Ebay, why are your punishing your sellers???? Thoes Final Shipping fees and the th 10% final value fees are ridiculous!

I feel that you guys are getting more and more greedy with all these fees every year.

All these fees + Paypal fees. That makes ebay NO fun any more. I am selling stuff here and there to make a little extra, but now i will not support your high ridiculous fees and i will stop selling on ebay. I CAN"T AFFORT THOESE FEES!

Please understand that your sellers are bleeding. And alot of people will sell on other outlets. Don't punish your sellers, they are the once who keep ebay alive and going. But you will lost them, because of your greedyness.

Good Bye Ebay, i am out of here.

Please use plain text.
komokwa
Community Member

in reply to herosekhar

The waiter typically has to provide more items/service on $100 meal compared to a $10 one

only if you're in the same restaurant

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to herosekhar

herosekhar wrote:
The waiter typically has to provide more items/service on $100 meal compared to a $10 one. Ebay doesn't do any more work for selling a $1000 item compared to a $10 one.

The buyer protection payout on a $100 claim is obviously much higher than on a $10 one, and they probably happen with greater frequency.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to komokwa
The waiter typically has to provide more items/service on $100 meal compared to a $10 one. Ebay doesn't do any more work for selling a $1000 item compared to a $10 one. Then again, it is a capitalist society, if you don't like their business model, find another one that lets you pay less.
Please use plain text.
artie-chicago
Community Member

in reply to legacy6684

eBay/PayPal charge 13% leaving you 87cents on every dollar to make a decent profit!  Considering the traffic to eBay and the ease of accepting payment this is a very good deal. Just ask  those that work or own a brick and mortar store. Perhaps internet retail is not your forte. Another part time hobby would be more suitable. Good luck!

Please use plain text.
komokwa
Community Member

in reply to legacy6684

so a waiter serving a $20 meal gets a $1 tip ,

and a waiter serving a $100 meal gets.........a $1 tip ?

and so on and so forth....hummmmmm?

Please use plain text.
the_right_stuff99
Community Member

in reply to legacy6684

legacy6684 wrote:

An item I list for $10 has one thing in common with an item I list for $100. What these two items have in common is that it took Ebay the same amount of effort to help me sell them. If I were a rich entrepreneur I would develop a more competetive online auction site. It would make more sense to charge for transactions. Absolutely no reason to charge a percentage.

Ask yourself why, with all of the rich entrepreneurs in the world, not a single one has developed a more competitive auction site.

Please use plain text.
legacy6684
Community Member

in reply to eddieg11

An item I list for $10 has one thing in common with an item I list for $100. What these two items have in common is that it took Ebay the same amount of effort to help me sell them. If I were a rich entrepreneur I would develop a more competetive online auction site. It would make more sense to charge for transactions. Absolutely no reason to charge a percentage.

Please use plain text.
terrytime115
Community Member

in reply to pantlandia

you are delusional

Please use plain text.
komokwa
Community Member

in reply to puyalaimports

A car part, a broken ipod, & a phone ringer thingy.....

maybe the fees wouldn't be so high for you at a swap meet , or yard sale.

You could also keep your No Returns policy .....& enforce it !

Please use plain text.
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to eddieg11

10% is high for the average occational seller like me. Top that with the paypal fees, shipping fees and it adds up.Thats a big chunk out of my pocket. 

Please use plain text.
multimedea_media
Community Member

in reply to komokwa

komokwa wrote:

Jeepers MMM, that does not make me feel good about going out x-Mas shopping!!

Hehehe !!

Especially not at a Walmart or Best Buy Black Friday. People have been trampled to death. I'm totally pointin'-n-clickin' on the web that day. :smileyhappy:

Community Member

in reply to multimedea_media

Jeepers MMM, that does not make me feel good about going out x-Mas shopping!!

Hehehe !!

Please use plain text.
multimedea_media
Community Member

in reply to adf07bid

adf07bid wrote:
the fee's arent the problem, it would be well worth even paying higher fee's IF this were a SAFE place for sellers, unfortunately its not. so I guess if you take into account all of the problems people have with selling here then the fee's might be too high, how about they fix the problems with the site....
the solution to the "fees are too high" problem is simple, raise your prices.

I have worked retail in a major chain store. That store had been robbed (more than once) with weapons. I had dealt with scamming, abusive shoplifters. With disgruntled ex-employees. Disgruntled on-the-clock employees. Scary ex-es of employees with restraining orders trying to corner them at work. Bomb threats. And a spree killer who put our entire store on lockdown after murdering 5 people in the neighborhood in a two-hour period.

I'll take Ebay, its 10% fee, its (much higher) profit margins, and the ability to work in my jim-jams from the safety of my home any day of the week.

Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

What do you think Honda......

.01  of an hour ...sound about right ?

Please use plain text.
hondamedic
Community Member

in reply to reverenddude1

reverenddude1 wrote:

It still takes work to list on ebay. 

Yes, yes it does. A lot of hard work.> http://www.ebay.com/itm/321241636337?

I see you spent hours on your mobile phone to get that one up!

BBL: Blocked Bidder List... BIN: Buy It Now... BO: Best Offer... BR: Bid Retraction... DC: Delivery Confirmation

DSR: Detailed Seller Rating FB: Feedback FRB: Flat Rate Box FVF: Final Value Fee IPR: Immediate Payment Required

NARU: Not A Registered User OP: Original Poster OT: Off Topic PM: Priority Mail.... PS: Power Seller....

SNAD: Significantly Not As Described...... TRS: Top Rated Seller...... UIA: Unpaid Item Assistant..... UID: Unpaid Item Dispute
Please use plain text.
caffine-kid
Community Member

in reply to reverenddude1

reverenddude1 wrote:

This is bull s**t. It is not clear that they are going to charge you at THE END of you sale. I did not read the user agreement becuase it is hundreds of pages. **bleep** eBay is now just another internet scam.

So.......

Apple TV never been used. Does not have cords or remote.

I hafta wonder who's scamming who ?

Actions speak louder than words........ just not here!
Please use plain text.
theguitarpartsguy
Community Member

in reply to adf07bid

I think eBay is a relatively safe place to sell, as long as you do your homework ahead of time.  Sure, once in a while you'll get  a monkey wrench thrown into the mix of some sort, but life in general tends to do that sometimes, as well.  Is eBay perfect?   In my opinion, no, it's far from it, but it's far and away the best venue online for selling for me, no other comes close.  I have tried a couple other sites, sure the fees are less, but I have not had a single completed sale there.  I had two different sales on Bonanza that the buyer never paid after I approved them, so it's not just here that that particular problem occurs.  And, if you sell at fixed price with immediate payment required, then you completely skirt that issue. 

Cost-wise, eBay is actually quite a bit less than what all our local consignment auction places charge.

Please use plain text.
adf07bid
Community Member

in reply to hidy-hoo
the fee's arent the problem, it would be well worth even paying higher fee's IF this were a SAFE place for sellers, unfortunately its not. so I guess if you take into account all of the problems people have with selling here then the fee's might be too high, how about they fix the problems with the site....
the solution to the "fees are too high" problem is simple, raise your prices.
Please use plain text.
hidy-hoo
Community Member

in reply to hidy-hoo

As promised ~ the eBay selling fees link:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!  winking fire flame photo: smile flame smiley_fire.gif

Please use plain text.