cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final Value Fees are too high!!

eddieg11
Pathfinder
I think 10% is too high for eBay to charge for a final fee for items purchased. The bigger the item the lower percentage the fee should be. Giving up 10% for an item that you sell for $500 should not cost you $50 to process. Especially sinc most things are sold under cost on eBay. Thoughts?
Message 1 of 110
latest reply
109 REPLIES 109

Re: Final Value Fees are too high!!

It isn't just final value fees,relisting fees per month are extremely costly if you don't sell quickly,100 listings times .030 cents per listing is adding to the expense ,selling cheap and paying high fees with eBay is going to put you to paying more for the month than you earned with the sales,sale within the free listing period then you will do all right,fees are a necessity in this type of business, JUST NOT SO MANY,AND AT EVERY TURN!?
Message 76 of 110
latest reply

@lureiam14 wrote:
Garage sales may be free,but where I live there is a fee monthly for garbage collection 🚚👌

... and I applaud you for knowing the difference between Free and Fee, it would be great if more did. wink.gif

Message 77 of 110
latest reply

"It isn't just final value fees,relisting fees per month are extremely costly if you don't sell quickly,100 listings times .030 cents per listing is adding to the expense ,selling cheap and paying high fees with eBay is going to put you to paying more for the month than you earned with the sales"

You had 146 listings in the past 3 months. With 50/month free, your listing fees should have been minimal. Your real problem is your 10% sell rate. Maybe your stuff isn't a good fit here.
Message 78 of 110
latest reply

I'm done with ebay this is fckn ridiculous!!!!!
Message 79 of 110
latest reply

It's way too high...

Message 80 of 110
latest reply

Message 81 of 110
latest reply

can you see this message? I am trying to ask a question

Message 82 of 110
latest reply

Yes we can see, what's your question?

You may want to start a new topic.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 83 of 110
latest reply

@serene_fushia

Message 84 of 110
latest reply

Hi:

So I am glad you can see my message. So I do not mean to be rude or anything. I was having sucha an hard time! My ability to access forums did not work! I was on here for about 30 minutes trying. And then "miracuoulously", my logo appeared and so now I am here.

But the reason I came on here was to ask a question. I needed a little assistance. I understand if you are uninterested since I guess this is not the board for it. So if you are likely to try to help me with a question regarding photo requirements, I would be very grateful

Message 85 of 110
latest reply

Hi:

I tried but I do not know where it went?! 

Look, I am going to seem idiotic here but I have not been on these boards for longer than 5 years?! Things are so different. It just seemed more intuitive before. In any event consider me a nubie with regards to this, and so I have no idea where to look for my board -- I chosed tools. So I looked there for my thread, and could not find it! 😞

Sorry for cluleness. 

Regarding the photo sizing -- does ebay accept a perfect square photo? 1,200 x1,200? Now with the new listing system?

Message 86 of 110
latest reply

PHOTO REQUIREMENTS TO REMEMBER
Every listing must have at least one photo

Listings without accompanying photos are no longer allowed. If your item isn't something you can photograph yourself (e.g., a vacation package), browse the Internet for copyright-free images you can use with your listing.

Minimum photo size

eBay requires a minimum length of 500 pixels for the longest side; setting your camera's default to High or Medium photo quality will ensure your photos are large enough.

Click here to watch a demo that will show you how to find photo sizes on a PC and a Mac.

Don't use borders on your photos

Borders aren’t allowed on any of your photos. The only exception is if you have a “natural” border created by photographing your square or rectangular item against a neutral-colored backdrop.

Message 87 of 110
latest reply

I am on the side that ebay fees are way too high for the average seller!

With selling on Amazon, they reimburse you for shipping and they handle the payments and no fees involved.   With Ebay you have 10% FVF and then they nail you again on paypal.    I sold something for $280 and just paid $40 in fees between the two.     I list on Amazon when I can and use ebay as a last resort.

Message 88 of 110
latest reply

Just to add , I calculated Amazon fees , would have been less than $20, so half of what the ebay mafia charges.
Message 89 of 110
latest reply

If ebay is the mafia, what do you call auction houses and consignment stores?

I don't sell on amazon, so I don't know what their fees are.
12.9 % is not that bad.

Message 90 of 110
latest reply