cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final Value Fees are too high!!

eddieg11
Pathfinder
I think 10% is too high for eBay to charge for a final fee for items purchased. The bigger the item the lower percentage the fee should be. Giving up 10% for an item that you sell for $500 should not cost you $50 to process. Especially sinc most things are sold under cost on eBay. Thoughts?
Message 1 of 110
latest reply
109 REPLIES 109

Re: Final Value Fees are too high!!

What do you think Honda......

.01  of an hour ...sound about right ?

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 46 of 110
latest reply

@adf07bid wrote:
the fee's arent the problem, it would be well worth even paying higher fee's IF this were a SAFE place for sellers, unfortunately its not. so I guess if you take into account all of the problems people have with selling here then the fee's might be too high, how about they fix the problems with the site....
the solution to the "fees are too high" problem is simple, raise your prices.

I have worked retail in a major chain store. That store had been robbed (more than once) with weapons. I had dealt with scamming, abusive shoplifters. With disgruntled ex-employees. Disgruntled on-the-clock employees. Scary ex-es of employees with restraining orders trying to corner them at work. Bomb threats. And a spree killer who put our entire store on lockdown after murdering 5 people in the neighborhood in a two-hour period.

I'll take Ebay, its 10% fee, its (much higher) profit margins, and the ability to work in my jim-jams from the safety of my home any day of the week.

Jeepers MMM, that does not make me feel good about going out x-Mas shopping!!

Hehehe !!

Message 48 of 110
latest reply

@komokwa wrote:

Jeepers MMM, that does not make me feel good about going out x-Mas shopping!!

Hehehe !!

Especially not at a Walmart or Best Buy Black Friday. People have been trampled to death. I'm totally pointin'-n-clickin' on the web that day. Smiley Happy

10% is high for the average occational seller like me. Top that with the paypal fees, shipping fees and it adds up.Thats a big chunk out of my pocket. 

Message 50 of 110
latest reply

A car part, a broken ipod, & a phone ringer thingy.....

maybe the fees wouldn't be so high for you at a swap meet , or yard sale.

You could also keep your No Returns policy .....& enforce it !

Message 51 of 110
latest reply

you are delusional

Message 52 of 110
latest reply

An item I list for $10 has one thing in common with an item I list for $100. What these two items have in common is that it took Ebay the same amount of effort to help me sell them. If I were a rich entrepreneur I would develop a more competetive online auction site. It would make more sense to charge for transactions. Absolutely no reason to charge a percentage.

Message 53 of 110
latest reply

@legacy6684 wrote:

An item I list for $10 has one thing in common with an item I list for $100. What these two items have in common is that it took Ebay the same amount of effort to help me sell them. If I were a rich entrepreneur I would develop a more competetive online auction site. It would make more sense to charge for transactions. Absolutely no reason to charge a percentage.

Ask yourself why, with all of the rich entrepreneurs in the world, not a single one has developed a more competitive auction site.

Message 54 of 110
latest reply

so a waiter serving a $20 meal gets a $1 tip ,

and a waiter serving a $100 meal gets.........a $1 tip ?

and so on and so forth....hummmmmm?

Message 55 of 110
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

eBay/PayPal charge 13% leaving you 87cents on every dollar to make a decent profit!  Considering the traffic to eBay and the ease of accepting payment this is a very good deal. Just ask  those that work or own a brick and mortar store. Perhaps internet retail is not your forte. Another part time hobby would be more suitable. Good luck!

Message 56 of 110
latest reply

The waiter typically has to provide more items/service on $100 meal compared to a $10 one. Ebay doesn't do any more work for selling a $1000 item compared to a $10 one. Then again, it is a capitalist society, if you don't like their business model, find another one that lets you pay less.
Message 57 of 110
latest reply

@herosekhar wrote:
The waiter typically has to provide more items/service on $100 meal compared to a $10 one. Ebay doesn't do any more work for selling a $1000 item compared to a $10 one.

The buyer protection payout on a $100 claim is obviously much higher than on a $10 one, and they probably happen with greater frequency.

Message 58 of 110
latest reply

The waiter typically has to provide more items/service on $100 meal compared to a $10 one

only if you're in the same restaurant

Message 59 of 110
latest reply

Ebay, why are your punishing your sellers???? Thoes Final Shipping fees and the th 10% final value fees are ridiculous!

I feel that you guys are getting more and more greedy with all these fees every year.

All these fees + Paypal fees. That makes ebay NO fun any more. I am selling stuff here and there to make a little extra, but now i will not support your high ridiculous fees and i will stop selling on ebay. I CAN"T AFFORT THOESE FEES!

Please understand that your sellers are bleeding. And alot of people will sell on other outlets. Don't punish your sellers, they are the once who keep ebay alive and going. But you will lost them, because of your greedyness.

Good Bye Ebay, i am out of here.

Message 60 of 110
latest reply