cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final Value Fees are too high!!

eddieg11
Pathfinder
I think 10% is too high for eBay to charge for a final fee for items purchased. The bigger the item the lower percentage the fee should be. Giving up 10% for an item that you sell for $500 should not cost you $50 to process. Especially sinc most things are sold under cost on eBay. Thoughts?
Message 1 of 110
latest reply
109 REPLIES 109

Re: Final Value Fees are too high!!

No reason to come here and call people names !

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 31 of 110
latest reply

@ohlipcon wrote:
I've just came across to read a few conversation here and into the other forum and what I have observe is, most member here who replied to those people(like eddieg11) who are some kind of asking or questioning the high fee of FVF, PF and etc. is that are all you guys were puppet of EBAY?

Uh... I would have said it with better grammar...

But Yeah... There are a bunch of brown-nosed posters who think that evilBay can do no wrong.

greed

They seem to forget that not long ago eBay made plenty of money will LESS Fees. 

And some of us liked the old program better.

(Both Meg Whitman and Richard Nixon look better in 20/20 Hindsight)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Toy: 1996 Adamas 1881 ;  photo d3c27a4e-2de6-48e4-8a38-73242748826d_zpsbb3k8gvk.jpg
Message 32 of 110
latest reply

@ohlipcon wrote:
I've just came across to read a few conversation here and into the other forum and what I have observe is, most member here who replied to those people(like eddieg11) who are some kind of asking or questioning the high fee of FVF, PF and etc. is that are all you guys were puppet of EBAY?

Is everyone who disagrees with you a "puppet"? Are people not allowed to have different opinions without having you accuse them of being "planted" by eBay?

Maybe the ones who disagree are the ones who know how to make money here.

Message 33 of 110
latest reply

83% margin, assuming a 100% mark up. Not all wholesalers give you 50% off retail.
Message 34 of 110
latest reply

@old_man_arthur wrote:

@ohlipcon wrote:

Uh... I would have said it with better grammar...

(Both Meg Whitman and Richard Nixon look better in 20/20 Hindsight)

Pretty soon we'll have a quorum!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 35 of 110
latest reply

I AM DONE with selling on eBay.  i have been with eBay since the beginning, sold over 400 items, and have a perfect rating well over 800.  I love shopping and selling on the site, but the fees have gotten ridiculous.  I just sold two pairs of shoes and netted (auction take minus postage) just under $50.  My fees from eBay and Paypal were just over $11.  Over 23%!!!  From now on, I will take my chances with Craigslist or just donate the items for a tax credit.

Message 36 of 110
latest reply

I totally agree. E-bay is ripping off people especially when you are a low volume seller (5 or less per year). How can you offer a flat fee of $125 when selling a vehicle over $2K, but you charge 10% on clothing for example. You can borrow money for less from the bank than do business with Ebay. What a joke this has become and I am just fed up with this company taking advantage of people. Below is a reply from one of their facebook customer service reps justifying the 10% FVF. CRAZY! I am closing my account and this is it folks. 

Sorry to hear that you feel this way! When an item gets to be above a certain cost, we want to make sure that we help our sellers save as much money as possible, helping you to get the most bang for your buck. We also offer discounts on fees for members who subscribe to stores, and are offering more free listings than ever to help our sellers to not have to pay for items unless they actually sell.

--Brady F.

Message 37 of 110
latest reply

This is bull s**t. It is not clear that they are going to charge you at THE END of you sale. I did not read the user agreement becuase it is hundreds of pages. **bleep** eBay is now just another internet scam.

Message 38 of 110
latest reply

you are not very smart. ebay should not be compaired to brick and mortar because it is not. It still takes work to list on ebay. you are not garenteed to make any money, you may lose money, its a gamble since its an auction. brick an mortar you have a place to store, hold, market, have event. If you think you can compare some rinky dink web page to a REAL store you deserve to GIVE AWAY 10% of yours to eBay, the Church, who ever is first to con you till you are broke.

Message 39 of 110
latest reply

Hello, reverend!  Your language is very colorful considering your ID name!

Click on the link I have provided and it will give you all of the fees

associated with selling on eBay ~ no need to read through the user agreement.  And don't forget to add the 2.9% + 30¢ fee for PayPal.

You can learn lots of great information on this board about the "best"

way to sell on eBay.  One piece of information that you should

consider is to get rid of your "no return" policy.

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 40 of 110
latest reply

As promised ~ the eBay selling fees link:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 41 of 110
latest reply

the fee's arent the problem, it would be well worth even paying higher fee's IF this were a SAFE place for sellers, unfortunately its not. so I guess if you take into account all of the problems people have with selling here then the fee's might be too high, how about they fix the problems with the site....
the solution to the "fees are too high" problem is simple, raise your prices.
Message 42 of 110
latest reply

I think eBay is a relatively safe place to sell, as long as you do your homework ahead of time.  Sure, once in a while you'll get  a monkey wrench thrown into the mix of some sort, but life in general tends to do that sometimes, as well.  Is eBay perfect?   In my opinion, no, it's far from it, but it's far and away the best venue online for selling for me, no other comes close.  I have tried a couple other sites, sure the fees are less, but I have not had a single completed sale there.  I had two different sales on Bonanza that the buyer never paid after I approved them, so it's not just here that that particular problem occurs.  And, if you sell at fixed price with immediate payment required, then you completely skirt that issue. 

Cost-wise, eBay is actually quite a bit less than what all our local consignment auction places charge.

Message 43 of 110
latest reply

@reverenddude1 wrote:

This is bull s**t. It is not clear that they are going to charge you at THE END of you sale. I did not read the user agreement becuase it is hundreds of pages. **bleep** eBay is now just another internet scam.

So.......

Apple TV never been used. Does not have cords or remote.

I hafta wonder who's scamming who ?

Actions speak louder than words........ just not here!
Message 44 of 110
latest reply

@reverenddude1 wrote:

It still takes work to list on ebay. 

Yes, yes it does. A lot of hard work.> http://www.ebay.com/itm/321241636337?

I see you spent hours on your mobile phone to get that one up!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 45 of 110
latest reply