eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups are a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Re: Final Value Fee For Shipping????

in reply to loveyourimagination49

Clearly they're not helping the stuttering problem in "the country" areas here in America or,  shall I say ''not  not '' helping.  But  ''you you'' already know that. LOL Woman Wink Smiley Very Happy

Community Member

in reply to coloradojudd

Why am I being charged by ebay for shipping? I don't use their lables or anything else I go to the Post Office and drop it off myself so why are they charging me for something they are doing nothing for?  I dont need them my post office is literally about  100 feet from front my door. 

Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to lester_li

Why both of us never came back to ScamBay

Community Member

in reply to 216fall
I charge actual shipping because I got tired of doing free shipping and adjusting prices every time shipping went up which is, you know, all the time. Either way, eBay gets a piece of it. Shoot, if its illegal, where's my refund for all those fees for all these years charged on shipping! Shipping price and discount is the same as if I sell on my own website or print using my usps shipping account accept minus the eBay cut. Flat out rip off. eBay is acting like the government getting a piece of anything that moves.
Community Member

in reply to *frijjatrends.com*

*frijjatrends.com* wrote:

Siince when there are shipping fees for free shipping?

There are no ebay fees on shipping if you don't charge for shipping.

Community Member

in reply to *frijjatrends.com*

@*frijjatrends.com*

http://announcements.ebay.com/2016/05/sellers-new-stores-benefits-available-may-1-price-updates-in-e...

It's in the spring seller update.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Community Member

in reply to coloradojudd

Siince when there are shipping fees for free shipping?  Totally shocked and upset.  Also the Premium store fee went up on this month's invoice. Are these new changes?  My gross selling just went up for the first month and instead of getting more money I got more fees. 

Community Member

in reply to robertjoesshed

robertjoesshed wrote:

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you??? Must be a woman. Not that theres anything wrong with that. I love women. Women support me everywhere. Especially when they post below this link: http://announcements.ebay.com/2016/03/sellers-lower-usps-first-class-rates-coming-april-10/. Lower rates coming soon!!! That is sweet...I like it!

lovethose49ers wrote:

robertjoesshed wrote:

Some of us live out in the country where the USPS still operates under rural dictation. Hence, the standing in line to drop off your outgoing packages. Rates were increased but service was not not. Even though the price of gas, diesel etc. was dropped, the post office still increased their prices accordingly without adding anything to service. Where do you you suppose the USPS spends that money?

argon-4 wrote:
If you're printing your own shipping labels, why are you standing in line at the post office? Why are you even going there?

http://announcements.ebay.com/2016/03/sellers-lower-usps-first-class-rates-coming-april-10/

@robertjoesshed

Well aren't you mr. cool.Smiley Very Happy

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you"

That is called a signature line. ^^^ It's on all my post

I seen you were referring to postage rate, and was giving you info that the prices are changing yet again.

I shall now give info to the people that want the info, or whenever I want. Smiley Indifferent

Community Member

in reply to loveyourimagination49

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you??? Must be a woman. Not that theres anything wrong with that. I love women. Women support me everywhere. Especially when they post below this link: http://announcements.ebay.com/2016/03/sellers-lower-usps-first-class-rates-coming-april-10/. Lower rates coming soon!!! That is sweet...I like it!

lovethose49ers wrote:

robertjoesshed wrote:

Some of us live out in the country where the USPS still operates under rural dictation. Hence, the standing in line to drop off your outgoing packages. Rates were increased but service was not not. Even though the price of gas, diesel etc. was dropped, the post office still increased their prices accordingly without adding anything to service. Where do you you suppose the USPS spends that money?

argon-4 wrote:
If you're printing your own shipping labels, why are you standing in line at the post office? Why are you even going there?

http://announcements.ebay.com/2016/03/sellers-lower-usps-first-class-rates-coming-april-10/

@robertjoesshed

Community Member

in reply to lester_li

I guess when power corrupts, it's up to the people to take a stand. Isn't that what we're doing here? EBay is in competition with Amazon, Wal-mart, the Chisese and everyone else who has a better business model than they do. Trying to compete and pincing the buyers and sellers alike fuels this fight! If eBay wants to compepte, tell them to look at their competitors and compete there. Not to pit sellers against buyers and ignore the fact that the Chinese, Wal-Mart, Sam's Club, Amazon, Toledo, Harbor Freight, Target, Shop411, Uline, Wayfair, Bic Warehouse, Jet.com, Staples, Warehouse, and at least 1 million other places all do the same business. I'm telling everyone here...EBay was a starting point. not and end to the means the people are expecting.

lester_li wrote:

Hello everyone,

This thread is getting a bit heated. It would be appreciated if everyone would take a moment to read and follow the Discussion Boards Usage Policy and Community Content Policy when posting. Please remember that interpersonal disputes are not allowed here on the community. It is fine to disagree with others and to have friendly debates, but it should always remain courteous and respectful.

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.

Community Member

in reply to robertjoesshed

robertjoesshed wrote:

argon-4 wrote:

@robertjoesshed

Community Member

in reply to argon-4

argon-4 wrote:

Community Member

in reply to billso_0

must be a lousy big store guy thinking theres a competition on with a guy who has one item to sell. I guess there should be when individual buyers and sellers determine the cost of things, not the chinese and big stores. Or do they! There should be two eBay's. one called wal-eBay (let Wal-Mart talk to these idiots) and one for normal people who like to trade without hassels like eBay ripping us off for shipping. Your right, eBay is trying to compete. Trouble is, before eBay has it figgured it out the chisese and Ali Baba / Ali Express are going to be here and gone (they're here now) before anyone knows it. Anyone who gripes and complains about ebay and its fees are behind the curve. Ebay is headed south. Everyone should have been looking for alternatives a year or more ago. EBay has been. They decided pincing buyers and sellers both was the way to go. So, eBay people shouldn't be bickering among themselves. If your still here its your own dumb fault. EBay has been irretating buyers and sellers for years. I saw this coming. I dont sell anything on eBay anymore. Amazon is way too popular and trustworthy where eBay is the old Craigslist. And the Chisese are reinventing the wheel eBay left run away from them. I'm not for either eBay buyer or sellers sides

billso_0 wrote:
"Ebay just gave me $40 allowance to ship an item that costs $!50 to ship."

You had no trouble charging $125 to ship that amp. BTW, if your item 'needs service' and you don't want returns, don't list it as 'Used'.

Some people are their own worst enemy.

. Just saying if your still committed to eBay your a little backward. spend your energy on the alternatives, the future. EBay has been here to long, its time for a replacement and those replacements are pincing eBay. All this from a US based seller...Who'd a thunk it...right?

Community Member

in reply to coloradojudd
"Ebay just gave me $40 allowance to ship an item that costs $!50 to ship."

You had no trouble charging $125 to ship that amp. BTW, if your item 'needs service' and you don't want returns, don't list it as 'Used'.

Some people are their own worst enemy.
Community Member

in reply to madison_auto

I take the loss on Shipping Every single time I do a transaction...I am sick of it.

Ebay just gave me $40 allowance to ship an item that costs $!50 to ship.

Ebay sucks.

Charging a final value fee for shipping is criminal.

They want us to ship free to compete with Amazon.

There has got to be an easier way.

Community Member

in reply to coloradojudd
Community Member

in reply to kferro

Shipping labels have a cost, My printer ink is so expensive I hand write my Sales order sheet.  2 weeks ago USPS raised Priorioy Mail Raes at least 0.50 cents across the board. Now it costs $13.85 to mail 1-2 pounds to California, when I see to shipping costs for the buyer I cringe, knowing my item is going to be hard to sell.  The eBay comes in like a school yard Bully each and every sale I make. Bubble wrap, shipping Peanuts, travel to Post Office to stand in close to an hour each visit. My state wants me to pay Taxes on my  sales. And I still use gasoline to drive to the post office. I drop $30 to $60 dollars at the P.O. if that doesn't seem like much I spend 440-$50 grocery shopping.  A Hundred dollor day for Mr. no body eBayer. Don't look at your monthly invoice, save on Peptobizmal. 

Community Member

in reply to bronx-dog

Hello everyone,

This thread is getting a bit heated. It would be appreciated if everyone would take a moment to read and follow the Discussion Boards Usage Policy and Community Content Policy when posting. Please remember that interpersonal disputes are not allowed here on the community. It is fine to disagree with others and to have friendly debates, but it should always remain courteous and respectful.

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.

Community Member

in reply to madison_auto

madison, you should make your suggestion straight to eBay. The link below is to eBay's

Weekly Chat, which usually happens every Wednesday at 1:00pm Pacific Time. You will

have direct access to an eBay employee...

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Chat-with-eBay-Staff/bd-p/weekly-chat

Community Member

in reply to madison_auto

madison_auto wrote:

Is this really all this community has to offer?  No rah-rah support for changing obviously atypical business practices?  Instead, we all just roll-over, play dumb, and say "well, that's the way Ebay does things".  Really?

madison, this thread was started in 2011 and has accumulated over 500 posts, of which most clearly

voice displeasure with the Fee Structure. One thing you have to realize is that eBay does not read

what is posted here and even if they did, it wouldn't make a difference. I don't know what you expect

this Board to offer. We don't make policy, nor do we even have any influence on policy... we simply

try to make eBay work for us, in spite of itself.

madison_auto wrote:

Then there's the unnecessary response from the 'whaaaambulence' about what's being said as "uncalled for".  Your implicit acceptance is what's uncalled for.  You guys should be angry; you should be fired up.  You should be demanding that Ebay integrate a calculated shipping option that appears as Free Shipping on the user-end.  

Do you find it necessary to insult everyone who you feel does not share your opinion? Like I said, you are late to the party,

this Fee was implemented five years ago, there was huge push back on all of the boards. Many demanded that eBay revoke

the policy... guess what, eBay does what eBay wants to do... Really.

You seem to believe that we are all thrilled about the fees and are happily complicit in blindly accepting them. That is not

true. None of us were happy when we first read the Announcement and we haven't become any happier over five years later.

The other thing that gets really old are the new posters who, without familiarizing themselves with the eBay's Fee Structures,

post to this thread as to their absolute shock about what they are being charged... the fees aren't hidden under a huge rock in

Yosimite, they are readily available for all to read, then one can decide if they want to sell here or not.

madison_auto wrote:

THAT would absolve the issues, but why hasn't anything been done?  Because we got people like bronx-dog just accepting the status quo, continually forking up his shipping fees because it's an easy cashflow for Ebay.

Yup madison... it's all my fault. Show me one of my posts where I said,  I liked this Fee... you know nothing of how I feel.

Listing on eBay is an option, following the rules and paying the fees are not. If you don't like, don't list... pretty simple.

So madison, as opposed to insults, how do you suggest fixing this disaster, which you claim I created???