eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups are a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Re: Ebay sales Dropped Why so Slow?

in reply to lostnfound101

... Ya know that's one thing I can't figure out, why do some need the latest greatest i-gizmo anyhow ...

... heck they oughtta be on their Cycles Snowmobiles Quads and Classic Cars and buyin' parts for these ... whups and buyin' Craft Supplies too, from Mdav_ba ...

Community Member

in reply to mdav_ba

... MDav_ba -  ... I'll be calling today to go over my settings with the Int'l matter ... I had called yesterday and went over a buncha questions that I had and I didn't mention that one ... when I talked with them I went over the seller tools primarily, I was happy as heck with the past few days and was basically questioning how I could keep the fire goin' ...

... I did inquire as to the upcoming update, with the condensed desriptions ... as I was told this will apply Only to mobile use and will not have any affect when anyone browses by computer ... most all of my item descriptions are well over 800 characters, and I asked if my descriptions would not be in "compliance", and it isn't a matter of description compliance to any degree ...

... when browsing with a phone, the decriptions will show 800 characters, and then the user will see an icon that states "read more" ... this update won't have any affect with many of us, as an example my descriptions initially tell the user up front what it is that They're looking at, and then I go on to describe the overall product, as well as the components used with my item ... if a user doesn't have interest with my item he'll know within the first few sentences of my description as is ... I myself won't be changing a thing with any of my listings due to the upcoming update ...

Community Member

in reply to pugmation

If this helps...read this idea on another forum but I never offered a return policy. I changed all my listings to 30 Days Money back. I actually sold something tonight woo hoo. (sell 60-70 monthly this month only 18) But seeing the traffic come back as well the past 24 hours.

Community Member

in reply to bronx-dog

@lostnfound101 your stuff still hows only ships to USA. I just have worldwide shipping picked, calculated shipping rate, USPS Intl mail and nothing excluded. (Just click on "details" where it talks about shipping on your listing and change the country and zip. It tells me what they will pay for shipping. When I look at my listings they all tell me "ships worldwide". That is the easiest way to check. THEN (where you are using Global Shipping), just select another country and zip and see what the service charge is. Then change it to your own intl shipping and check the price again. You will have a good idea of what I was saying a bit earlier. Good luck on fixing this.

Community Member

lostnfound101 wrote:

... obviously I screwed sumthin' up when opting in or perhaps when I applied a new policy in bulk ...    

My eBay

Account

Site Preferences

Shipping Preferences... click "Show" on the right side

Exclude Shipping Locations From Your Listings... if it says, "YES", click "Edit" on the right side and check which countries are excluded.

hope this helps.

Community Member

in reply to pugmation

... ... again, may or may not apply ... and once more I can't tell how much I like some of Your items ... incredible ... I wish Ya Good Luck, and Hang in There ...

... made a typo there ... let's try this again - ... I can't tell "You" how much like some of Your items ...  in no way did I mean to leave any skepticism, You've put togehter quite a Collectible list of offerings there ...

... Sorry if I embarrass, but I've Always had a soft spot for History ...   Smiley Wink

Community Member

in reply to bminnocci6mtm

... @bminnocci6mtm  -  ... when I had posted prior,  I was somewhat in the middle of the daily routine and I didn't have the time to really look into any of Your items ...

... if You don't mind me saying, You have some Incredibly Cool Stuff ... palin 'n simple ... with that said I might have doubts that any of my recent sales tactics might apply to Your situation, yet as I mentioned I seem to have somewhat turned the corner a little bit at my end by applying some time just spiffing up anything I could ... and as mentioned my store keywords, I believe, have had an impact with my sold items ...

... with that said I don't believe that anyone  could possibly tell Ya what to do, yet I myself started by looking a bit deeper into my current traffic reports for any possible leads as to driving sales ... imo the criteria that helped me the most was in those reports ... I looked into my "search terms driving sales" for the most part, and I applied a few changes with item titles to a few items, as an example ... my items and my market are Entirely different than Yours, yet we're provided with a comprehensive list of exact terms that lead to our sales, and I made a few light changes with some of the items that "were" heavy hitters for me in the past that had recently turned into low hits and non-sold items at months end ...

... and as I mentioned in my prior short post, those store category keywords, imo, can possibly be influential with attracting some browsing thru our items ... this may or may not apply, yet when I compared my current keywords with that of the actual terms driving my sales, I tried a few different changes here n' there, and I believe this has helped me a bunch ... quie Honestly the store categories that I somehwat tweeked, along with some light item title changes has put some green back into my completed listings tallies ...

... but again, You have some extremely interesting items and quite seriously I don't know if any of this might be of interest to You ... yet again if You do look a bit deeper into the reports, You might get some clues ... You had mentioned Jan as being slow ... my Jan 2015 was about the worst I ever had on record, for reasons unknown  ... Jan 2016 improved, yet was still slow ... been that way for a while, who knows what's goin' on ...

... I looked into my listing impressions, as example to satisfy any doubts that I may have had as to exposure here ... and with the numbers I see, and with the hits that I receive I couldn't possibly ask for more with exposure ... for me, my market is just tight ... gotta wait it oui and in the meantime plan ahead, I guess is what I'm trying to say ...

... again, may or may not apply ... and once more I can't tell how much I like some of Your items ... incredible ... I wish Ya Good Luck, and Hang in There ...

Community Member

in reply to bminnocci6mtm

... if interested I had posted prior as to using the keywords with the store listings ... any of the categories that I'd worked with late Friday brought some results for me within the past two days ... I'm far from a normal pace but I got used to that about a year or so back  ...

... the keywords have helped a bunch imo ...

Community Member

in reply to foxhill99

Hello Everyone,

Not sure where to begin but to say that the number of sales I have been getting out of my Ebay Store have been disturbingly light since the first of the year. It's as if the lights have been shut off. It's so peculiar. I have mentioned this to Ebay, but really didn't get any kind of meaningful response. I'm certain there is a technical problem going on at Ebay because there's no reason for my sales to have dropped they way they have.

Community Member

in reply to minifreek

.... Thanks' Much there MiniFreek ...

... obviously I screwed sumthin' up when opting in or perhaps when I applied a new policy in bulk ... there shoulda been 60) listings that went Int'l ... I wonder if maybe the items would show inna search, rather than showing my store or the roster ... I was hoping to get the store in there, cuz I can get into Rythm_Actives ... Nice Job on the store R_A, if Ya happen to chime in again ...

... I'll give EBay a call cuz I'd doubt I'll be able to figure this one out ...

Community Member

lostnfound101 wrote:

... @rhythm_active   - or @minifreek -

... if You happen to wander into this thread again, could You Please look into my listings to verify whether my items are appearing as active to You, just got off the phone and signed into the Global end of things ... I'd Appreciate this Much, heck You Folks Down Under and to da North were a Great Time to Work with and I'm lookin' forward to it again ...

... and I'd have to Agree with the website matter ... there's hosts that offer ready to use templates for layout and all, and reading html may or may not be a prerequisite ... even if it is I'd venture to say that reading html may be a needed thing sooner than later ...

@lostnfound101 

If I go to eBay.com I see you have 85 items.

If I go to eBay.ca you have ZERO listings.

if I go to eBay.co.uk also oyu have ZERO listings

So if you are using GSP then no one outside of the USA is seeing you.

If you go back (way back) you will see how much many of us do not buy from GSP sellers as you do not see the MASSIVE markup on the shipping PLUS the extra DUTIES they shuv in.

I will take the chance of paying my own duties thank you very much.

ESPECIALLY si.nce classic cars and bikes over 25 years old are exempt.

eBay is making  a cash grab

Community Member

in reply to mdav_ba

... I Appreciate the advice there Hidy, and will look into this ... as for the Global matter, quite Honestly I'm gonna give it a try as is, as I can still list with a flat shipping cost to all buyers with my listinmgs as is ... in short, I charge a flat $5.75 now to any/all Buyers, and with that Dist Center being in KY I'll have the same rates apply ...

... I've gone with the route of my own shipping methods with Int'l, and for my situation it was becoming a burden, and it was cutting into the time I needed for my Domestic Buyers ... with this sales drop, I wanna give this a shot as I'm hoping to eventually see some sales here Domestically ... I'm willing to stick this out, I never quit easy .... as I'm sure You're all aware ... hey sometimes bein' stubborn can be a good thing, pending the topic or situation ... and yes I know that I annoy some ... I'm Sorry about that, when I offend ...

... and fwiw to All here -  ... I've been bustin' the tail with these keywords, and imo it's well worth the effort ... I've scored a few sales today Sunday, three of my target items too, and these were related to the items and store categories that I've put emphasis ... those sales today doesn't mean that I'm outta da woods yet, but hey this is a 300% surge as compared to last Sunday ... I can't say whether today is a fluke or not related to the work I've done for the past long nights, but hey I'm gonna take credit for it, heck I can barely see straight now from starin' at this screen for so long ... lol ... seriously tho, we gotta dig in now ...

Community Member

in reply to hidy-hoo

Hey Hidy,

OMG, not another thing to worry about. (Big sigh) I had used large red letters when people were not noticing important description info. There were so many times people would complain about one thing or another that was clearly in the description, it caused me to go in each time and enlarge the font of something, make it red or something else, so I could avoid the dreaded "not as described" issue. Ebay is becoming an incredible amount of work to make it 'workable'. WHat every happened to list it, sell it, ship it?

Thanks very much though, this will be second on my to do list now.

Community Member

in reply to rhythm_active

lostnfound ~ eBay's Global Shipping Program is not a good fit for the items you sell.  It works best for heavy items selling for over $50.  You can ship internationally for much less to any of the eDelcon countries which will include tracking.

lostnfound & mdav ~ Have either of you checked to see what your listings look like on a phone?  In the very near future, your listings will automatically be "condensed" by eBay bots, so it is important to make sure that your listings comply.  As it stands now, you are both using colored font with lots of white space between sentences/paragraphs ~ neither of which plays well on a mobile device.  Here is a very informative thread about what you will need to know/do for the upcoming change:

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Mobile-Optimized-Descriptions/m-p/25417010#M743092

One last thing ~ You may want to start reading other boards in the Community and not limit yourselves to this one.  As you must have noticed, there are very few responders to this thread and quite a bit of information that is either old or incorrect.

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!  winking fire flame photo: smile flame smiley_fire.gif

Community Member

@lostnfound101 @mrmuffinmanvw

I check, but still the same, nil/0 results on ebay, and difficult to get to your sales from going through google.  I cannot view any current products. Likewise I cannot see any products from 

Whereas i can easily see what  mdav_ba as well as mrmuffinmanvw

Community Member

in reply to mdav_ba

... so far the best thing I've done was to polish up my listings and categories ... might still too early for the keywords to kick in with search engines, but seriously my stuff is gettin' hits, and according to the traffic reports the vast majority of traffic coming my way is thru EBay searches over that of any of the s/e's ...that's what's scarin' me ... with my goods I'm pretty much a secondary vehicle for most all Folks, and albeit I get hits I get no takers ...

... I did a lotta time with those k/w's tho, and whichever items I put emphasis I'm seeing an increase with traffic ... yet nadda ... then when I look into my searches for personnal stuff of my interest I see people doin' biddin' and buyin' ...

... imo it's a matter of the priorities, kinda like wanna-have verse gotta-have, my goods are a necessary item for repairs compared to a needful thing ... for now I'm as popular as a trip to the Dentist it seems ...

Community Member

BTW, weekend started out real strong from Fri to Sat morn and died since then, have gotten 2 orders in 30 hours now Smiley Sad SHould have 18

Community Member

@lostnfound101Actually you do not have to go the the post office for any forms or anything. For example, last week someone from China, (believe it or not) bought something. I printed the label same as if I were sending it to NJ but needed to check a box  saying I agreed with rules regulations blah blah.

I printed it the same as my other labels and now I needed to sign and date it and tape it to the box. I am thinking maybe they have corrected that confusing method it sounds like they had. Seriously, think about it, it makes a huge difference! Some items can have a $15 or so surcharge the customer pays you never are even told about. You only see what it cost you to send it to Ebay Dist Center. Instead of sending to them, you can buy a few more dollars postage and have it picked up with all the rest of your stuff, or dropped in a mail box. No muss no fuss Smiley Happy Just a thought

Community Member

in reply to mdav_ba

... Mdav_ba - ... yes I went with the G/S thru EBay ... and yeah I know what Yer thinkin' but heck Man I gotta try any-thing at this point, for me to go absolutely skunked on these week-ends is profound ... I should be buried with orders by Sunday night, and yet the best I can do now is one 1st Class package on Monday morning at best ...

... tlak about de javu, last Sunday night I had one $6.79 sale with nothing else ... same thing again today, same item sold on a Sunday too ... NOTHING else is moving ...

... as for the Global deal - gotta try ... when that program was initiated a while back, my listings were active Internationally by default, and a few items did sell with the program ... I had a buncha bad experiences with my own Intl shipping methods in the past so I opted out once I'd shipped the few that had sold ... I didn't have any recourse with it back then, soooo, heck we'll try ... I'm bound to get a negative fb sooner or later anyhows, can't be any worse than overdraft check notices ... LOL ... actually with the current deal I won't have to go to the PO with every order and do them ridiculous customs forms, I use the USPS provided boxes and in the event I only bag one sale atta time I can still drop it in my mailbox, looks like the Dist Center is in Ky ... and besides a round trip to the PO for me is a 13 mile deal, I live ultra rural ...

... I heard the warning, and I Appreciate it ... but like I say, with my end of things these no-sales days are waaaaay too bizzarre, I should be in full swing today and here I set ... my season ends pretty quick and I'm runnin' outta time ...

Community Member

@lostnfound101 I hope you are not using Ebays Global Shipping program. I am hoping you just added that you will ship internationally. I got a phone call early on from Ebay greeting me as a new store owner and asked if I would like to sell worldwide under their GSP. SOunded great at the time. After my first message from someone in anojther country saying, "I don't mind paying $4.99 for this item but why are you charging me $22 shipping? This is a true story. I immediately went and pulled that item off from the GSP and selected my own international shipping with calculated rates. I told the person what I did and asked him to try again. He made the pruchase and his total shipping fee was $7.00. I guess the other $15 goes to the people working at the shipping location that you ship your item to in the US. They gotta get paid somehow. Point being, makes no difference if my printed label sends it to Ebay shipping and delaying it to get to Australia, or if I speed it up and save the buyer insane fees.

Just sharing this experience as I have all my listings worldwide and I myself ship them direct for far FAR less cost.