eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups are a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Re: Ebay sales Dropped Why so Slow?

in reply to theguitarpartsguy

Ya know GPG .. its not only the way the policy changes effect sellers negatively, its the overall Disrespect and irreverence shown with the manner they go about implement the changes.  Absolutely no concern for Sellers being able to plan and implement the way they have invested to sell.  Its turns on its head and most have to sell in a willy nilly so to say fashion...  one cant really plan much.  Most are fearful to invest more etc.. Just makes things all the more uncertain..

Community Member

in reply to quantum-electrons

quantum-electrons wrote:

Lynch Mob Mentaity.

If I offended you , please accept my apology. I stepped over a boundary.

If I were eBay, I 'd take down my earlier postings too!. I m rebellious and do not agree with all their policies. Freedom of Speech!, being one of many .........rights I have. A large portion Sellers/ EBay Clients do not know who we are interfacing with here online. If I offended you , please accept my apology. I stepped over a boundary. I have been a client of ebay's, since 1999. I have 2 sellers accounts and one Buyer account. I v e have witness the fee increase, the policy changes. The 1 policy change, I WholeHeartedly, Disagree with, is not being able to give a Bad Buyer the Feedback due them. I do not go out doors. I bust them down.

Hey, it's all good.  I have two ebay IDs, one of which is this one, and then sometimes I am Uncle_Thrifty... just depends on when I am on, so I am right there with ya with regard to having a buyer and a seller account, although I do sell on both accounts...but mostly on this one.  I am also right there with you on the not being able to leave bad feedback for a buyer who deadbeats out on you.  I had one in the early days that I actually hired a lawyer on when they refused to pay for a rare Gretsch guitar I had that he had driven my auction way up on.  He lived in Memphis which is about 2 hours from me... I think he got the understanding real quick that I would be more than willing to come down to collect my money in person if he didn't pay... which he did pay after the lawyer called him from right up the street...LOL.  

Community Member

in reply to pgnaturalhealth

fyi .. My brain swaps words .. yes for no .. good for bad buyer for seller .. reverse meanings .. hey it just right for write .. all sorts of weird stuff .. so if my words dont fit the sentiment .. youll know that the sentiment comes first... k .. so, for all the future typo's... This brain is on Lyme or the Lyme is on brain... gotta joke when ya cancan...

Community Member

in reply to dilexi-gallery

dilexi-gallery wrote:

I do not view it as competition. I view it as a postive thing. I used to be a Sotheby Associate. These auctions will bring more fine art buyer to eBay.

I have a niche market

I wish I knew more about fine art in order to be able to give you an opinion, but I'm a certified woodwind technician and I do band instrument and guitar repair for the biggest music store in western KY, which is cool, but completely unrelated to what you do.  I can see where the competition would bring more buyers, though, that makes perfect sense.  And, competition is not always bad for you, either, if it helps you hone your craft and selling skills...so even if you have to compete a bit, what you are saying still makes sense.

Community Member

in reply to bronx-dog

BD  .. the acknowledgement of my getting screw'd by Paypal is appreciated...lol

When people "whine" they whine through some sort of pain, they feel helpless, pushed around and taken advantage of .. and to think that a sarcasic or mixed message welcome is going to stop their pain is an expectation that will not be realized .. unless that is if you can solve their problem.  This board, just like the paypal board or congregation of those dealing with the same situations will be used for info and venting of realized frustrations over ebay and paypal "misgivings".   You dont have subscribe to that form of frustration should you encounter the same frustrations.  Nor should you expect or judge others for actually reacting to the hand they are dealt that is effecting their everyday basic lives.  They come here for comfort and help.. comfort is ... Hey, yeah I understand .. its just unreal, sure wish there was something we could do to change it.  If theres any way I can help just let me know.  This might calm the savage ebay made beast... see?

And its not exorbitant comfort I suggest of others with nonreactive attitudes .. I doubt many would be on ebay with that financial latitude.  But comfort in a huge leap from discomfort in the financial realm.

...and when you back other group member up with a defensive posture, it just doesnt solve anything .. just inflames it .. dont do it in such a defensive way... Just understand why ppl feel the way they do and allow them to vent and say you just that can see how they feel that way or even right them a personal note saying you understand (ppl tend to be friendlier in personal notes).  Just like any other kind of emotion or reaction, there is a process .. and its a wave .. high .. low depending on how they are treated by ebay / paypal / ppl on here.  Every now and then ... (just) .. they shock you with a pos response and you have your faith in humanity back..  for just a bit !!     Humans do act ... well, Humannnn!  lol

...Blip, there went that paragraph bout not knowing whats causing the lack of sales .. ebay cant admit it of course. But perhaps all buyers should be focusing more on reading and talking about whats going on that effects us, Ive read someone talk of it today .. but seldom is it talked about  .. The apprehension caused by not knowing would be reduced...

Community Member

in reply to hidy-hoo

ha-ha... I remember a few years ago, we were often thanked for our efforts...

these days, when we try to help, we just get a kick to the puffy parts.

Community Member

in reply to bronx-dog

"When one of the regulars on the PT Forum is stupid enough to offer help,"

I resemble that remark!  laughing emo.gif

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!  winking fire flame photo: smile flame smiley_fire.gif

Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to pgnaturalhealth

Thank you for that considered opinion. You got burnt, sorry to hear it... others get burnt,

sorry about them too. I don't deny it happens. Some get burnt though absolutely no fault

of their own, but there are many who suffer self inflicted wounds and then blame eBay, or

Paypal. If you want to close your eyes to that fact, that's your choice.

Most who come to threads, such as this one, come solely to whine... not for help, not to learn,

not to share and teach others about what happened to them... nope, they come to whine.

At times it's, as though there is a competition to see who has the better whine... who can squeal

the loudest, who has the worst horror story.

When one of the regulars on the PT Forum is stupid enough to offer help, or an opposite opinion,

or correct what is blatantly wrong information... well, we must be plants from eBay, or undercover

employees, or independently wealthy slobs with nothing better to do with our miserable lives than

to prove that we, OBVIOUSLY HAVE NO FOOTING.

There are still people who try to make eBay work inspite of itself.

Spell Check did manage to spell the wrong word correctly... I need Thought Check.

Community Member

OK... on a serious note, I looked at your listings. I live in Canada and I see that you will ship to me,

via the Global Shipping Program. eBay has provided me with a shipping cost and import charges,

as well as an estimated delivery date with tracking...

Shipping:
$14.51 International Priority Shipping to Canada  via the Global Shipping Program

Item location:
Moss Landing, California, United States

Ships to:
United States and many other countries | See details

Import charges:
$29.87 (amount confirmed at checkout)
No additional import charges on delivery

Delivery:
Estimated between Mon. Jun. 8 and Mon. Jun. 15
Includes international tracking

but within your TOS is the following...

Buying Restrictions:

First time buyers and NON USA buyers must contact us prior to purchase or we do reserve the right to re-list the item immediately.

Shipping:

Any NON USA buyers must contact me for a shipping quote before buying by sending me your postal code and desired shipping preferences prior to purchase.

These two stipulations read to me as having been in place prior to your opting into GSP. As they are far down, on your listings page, I would be concerned that (as many Buyers do not read all of the information provided within a listing) they may go unread. If, I were you, I would keep the "First Time Buyer" restriction, but, as you are using GSP, lose the "Non USA" buying and shipping restrictions.

Also, as you are selling fine art, I would not give a Buyer the option of a desired shipping preference. You should choose the method of shipping that you are comfortable with and assures that your product will arrive safely. Buyers often want cheap... cheap has it's drawbacks.

Community Member

in reply to bronx-dog

BD and whom ever it applies....  No, some May Not work for ebay, but Dont have the same vested interest in their money being interrupted or a sense of Right and Wrong.  Many have a Cush Retirement and or Income totally Independent and not in the need of supplementation or A Spouse w/same.  So if you fit into this category .. you obviously cant or dont want to see the world in any sort of way that might upset your vision of security!  But if your going to come on here and try and critic other that are upset over obvious misdeeds of Ebay and Paypal, then you OBVIOUSLY HAVE NO FOOTING !!

Community Member

Re: Paypal Fraudulent Actions...

in reply to kaysert

Response to  Response

I dont care to say things that one might take wrong... So Ill just say that I believe your either naive or working for paypal/ebay.  They ONLY do whats good for them... they could care less. 

The Paypal board is full of the same type stories over and over again (looks like the Paypal Discussion Board was dismantled sometime last year... geez, wonder why, hmmmm...  Paypal gives NO instructions on how to proceed at all.  I have a right to be upset, Im being played by paypal, never given any direction and sense of helplessness to their screwing me...  And, no Im not just upset .. the whole process is fraudulent and IF I have the energy I will contacting FCC and or whom ever is responsible for regulating them.  Paypal keeps sending me emails saying I didnt respond to so and so email/'s and will close due to .. BS, they never sent any emails with guides or letting me know what they want.  And .. no they cant get confused with email addresses.  I ran into this same play from ebay in old Paypal Discussion Board.

This guy waited a month and a half to contact anyone .. and even then it was ebay .. even then all he said was "Internal Damage" .. no description.  When I talked to him it was preforming exactly how it is described in the listing. (I packed it well and shipped it fedex, not UPS!)  The screws all being loose after 35 yrs ... sorry this wreaks of someone obtaining parts for a Marantz 6370Q.

This was My Turn Table, had one known cue/return issue easy to fix which was all listed .. otherwise great.  If I where well, I suppose I would just use the fedex insurance.  Id still call paypal out tho... Cant let ppl and esp large companies get a way with much, they just want to rule the world,,,, geez...  They belong on some Island in some James Bond Movie and change their name to No.  But Im not well, l could barely pack this thing properly.  Late Stage Lyme Disease is a horrid horrid illness that just keeps taking more than you even know you had.  It various, just so lucky I guess.  But, also an issue is Paypal saying it was my fault which is the fraudulent part... ANYONE reading the ad would say I described it accurately .. and your forgetting ebay reps told me they where reading the reasons for them siding with the buyer was so he could not keep the Turn Table and get the money from  .  (The guy asked me "do you do a lot of business with Paypal"... Dah, so Im naive at times too .. he also said he did not read the listing.  He of course was bs'ing me just to get me off the phone.  He should of took it to fedex ..  he paid for the insurance and either party can make a claim. 

I will Never forget Paypal for one, keeping over 800 of my money, creating so much stress in my line .. and allowing a buyer to get away with stealing!!  They do not protect anyone but themselves!!  I received a email from them last night saying they didnt get the documents they requested... THEY DIDNT REQUEST ANY DOCUMENTS!!!  So, I try and call them, system takes me through all the prompts .. only to finally hear NO ONE IS HOME!!  They should NOT SEND OUT EMAILS or do any form of business if they are not even their!!  It was 720pm cst.  Its just all so dam manipulative all the way along...  And they Slander my name and rep...  And who knows if this would effect any insurance claim !  They dont allow photos as proof, so what do they accept .. I asked, they didnt say anything.  I wanted to know, they gave me no information about guides to an appeal.  There is nothing specifc written!

Some wake and smell the roses eventually, some never do .. no matter if its roses or a vaporous gift from their neighbors dog...  (I like to stay "realistic" with a lean toward optimism when possible, in fact I have to balance life that way even if it means not exposing myself to a lot of the neg's in life.  But,..... when something is smacking you in the face no one will say o, yeah they sure have my best interest at heart...  Anyone raised with any sense of Morality, Right and Wrong .. need of Balance is going to stand up and do something about it.  PPL raised in the 50's/60's/70's have more of a need to balance, except those who have already sold out of which there are plenty!!  Such High Hippy ideals are the base of "many" of that time whom are now the very rooted major white color thieves!!  If I where to look at the bright side of this Paypal mess .. hey at least Im saving money because Paypal is contributing to the economical slump going on .. because I cant Buy anything... LLLol !!!

Put ebay number in ebay or google search:  Bay item number: 331486279312

www.ebay.com/itm/331486279312?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0...

Community Member

Wow... I even welcomed you aboard and you're still complaining.

Get over yourself... it's only eBay... not a matter of life and death.

Community Member

in reply to bronx-dog

What are you whining about now??

Community Member

in reply to bronx-dog

Cool your Jets.....................your logic is flawed and unwarranted.

I can see were these boards can become a toxic addiction.  You are now turned off

Community Member

[ Edited ]

dilexi-gallery wrote:

I feel Hidy-Hoo, may work for eBay...

You feel wrong.

dilexi-gallery wrote:

The language used by, said widget, is that of a Company person.

The language used, is that used by those of us who have been here trying to help others and make this work for years.

dilexi-gallery wrote:

Just because I m new here doesnt require that I agree with these people.

So... anyone here that you do not agree with must be an eBay employee... if so, we are all owed a ton of back pay. Your being new here doesn't require you to be courteous... but it would be nice. Posts are not removed for challenging an opinion, there had to be something else that warranted the removal of your post.

dilexi-gallery wrote:

Especially, those with a Lynch Mob Mentality. Yes, I rocked the boat.

Don't flatter yourself, you didn't rock the boat... you just happen to be in the same leaky boat, as the rest of us.

Welcome aboard... now quit whining and making accusations and start bailing... just like the rest of us widget eBay employees.

edited for spelling... don't want to embarrass my fellow widgets

Community Member

in reply to hidy-hoo

Thanks, the Ebay Blue signature information..............

Community Member

in reply to hidy-hoo

with a nickname like "Hidy" I wonder................nothing personal mind you.

I see you are trying to help...........I suppose that in it self is rewarding?

Community Member

dilexi-gallery wrote:

I do not view it as competition. I view it as a postive thing. I used to be a Sotheby Associate. These auctions will bring more fine art buyer to eBay.

I have a niche market

Well, that's terrific ~ my apologies, as I thought you were asking for help because your paintings weren't selling!  Good luck in your "niche market"!

p.s.  eBay employees posting to the boards and groups will have a blue border surrounding their post.

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!  winking fire flame photo: smile flame smiley_fire.gif

Community Member

in reply to hidy-hoo

I m not sure who you are Hidy?

Community Member

in reply to hidy-hoo

My material is the real deal. Back when you could track under bidders, I help put a Art Fraud in prison. Ebay had a deaf ear to my proof of forgery and under bidders pushing the price of the fake, Diebenkorn Paintings.......the Wall Street Jounal ended up publishing the Story. EBay has not done much to protect potenial buyers of Fine Art . I am contantly searching out fake paintings and informing eBay about them..............but eBay generally waits until some catches on...........which is to say gets burned for 1000.00's of dollars.

So, now I sell to brink and mortar Dealers.......mostly on the east coast