eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups are a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Re: Ebay sales Dropped Why so Slow?

in reply to pugmation

could be wrong but i bet google opens a similar site in the future ..........

Community Member

in reply to pugmation

I still think something is majorly up with ebay and goggle (bad blood/bad biz or more) .. I think its at the root of what is going on w/slow sales.  I think the big banana has some kind of cozy relationship with ebay as well and is being effected as well.  Just a hunch based on goggle search variation compared to before it was so slow...

Closed both stores .. unless things really do a 180 its not worth paying for a store or for any listings...  Ill only list with promos etc... O Well !!

Community Member

in reply to pugmation

letter to eBay today-------

improve your seller performance, you must be having a ——ing  laugh

your waste of time your **bleep**  unfair defect system  counts defects made 1 year ago against my account and then restricts my account. It doesn’t matter if my account is in very good standing for the last 6 or 8 months you count things against me  from nearly one year ago.

now you have ruined my business throughout the summer and it is too late combined with the other problems your business has ( including the excessive charges)to expand or to attempt to even hold same level of business as last year. The only thing you have succeeded in doing is ruining your own income stream and whoever thought of this crackpot idea should be sacked immediately.

Your share price is going to fall very soon and people  are already leaving you in droves.

A quick look around the eBay site reveals there are far less items on offer of a particular type. This tells you  that people are simply not bothering selling on eBay any more. Once you get out of the habit of looking you get out of the habit of visiting the site. I can’t think of why i would you want to go shopping on your site any more after you have restricted my account and damaged my business.

Your main idea seems to be to get accounts in defect so you can avoid paying the discount on the sellers fees and also so that you can charge more for less listings

in the end all  this nasty greed will do all  is hurt your business. 

I have less money in my PayPal account now so of course I will not be spending any of that money on eBay  so sales for this period last month which were £---- (which was spent on the eBay site)  are now approximately £----

that’s a £---- loss of revenue from commission from other sellers I would purchase from in addition to the £---- of loss of revenue from commission you would charge in sales to me. So you are hitting yourselves with a double whammy.

It’s no wonder your business is going down the tubes and if you subscribe to the forum why are eBay sales slow  it will tell you everything.

There are other  sites starting to open up now which I shall have to look into

thanks eBay for ruining my account and my business.

Community Member

in reply to notaswarm

I am fairly certain, that you were going somewhere with the Jefferson quote and all...

let us know when you get there.

Community Member

in reply to bronx-dog
“If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency first by inflation then by deflation the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered... I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people to whom it properly belongs.”

― Thomas Jefferson 
Community Member

in reply to dantemiyazaki

dante, as long as you are happy, a warm and fuzzy feeling extends across the eBay universe. true.gif

Community Member

in reply to bronx-dog

Just finished my five days of  FREE LISTING on my few accounts...sales couldn't be better! Glad ebay took my advice on the free lsiting promo. BWHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHA!

Community Member

in reply to frankie-the-cat

I believe the PayPal 6mo. refund period and the NEW product codes for searches and AD creation  and a terribly biased policy towards Buyers (feedback)  policies have reached Critical mass!  Call it a TRIPLE storm if you like,  add in DSR ratings and rated performance of seller shipping times and what we see is SELLERS fleeing ebay by the thousands. New searches of over 100 daily  items/day I recieve; only to see the same ads reappearing over and over. Too me, it says items are NOT selling.  Its shame, i loved ebay, I tried so hard to call and advise through, emails, letters & C.S. reps. No-one ever makes positive changes at ebay, its always new regulations to make the Sellers jump through more impossible hoops. I think the building is being run by inexperience Kids. As a business model its failing badly.......................

Community Member

in reply to jls_trading

photo a8c9f738-d6e7-49c6-83b9-3e3bc8683d87.png

Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to pugmation

game over

Community Member

in reply to pugmation

Since Memorial day my sales have dropped way off. It is getting slow enough I am considering shutting my ebay store down and sell on other online and local venues. No sense in paying monthly store fees if ebay cannot keep the buyers coming in to buy our products!!!

Community Member

in reply to pugmation

I'm based in the UK and it's th slowest i have ever seen it. EBay continue to blame the sellers adverts or competition but most of our sales dropped of a cliff, they didnt gradually dissapear which is what you would expect if it was competition or your adverts, and why would our adverts all of a sudden stop producing sales. They continue to lie and dicive us and then expect us all to continue to pay there monthly fees. Its a rip of on a massive scale. They deny any issues time after time then all of a sudden say we are aware of the problem and are fixing it. when is that going to happen and if you are aware of the problems then accept resposability and refund all our fees we have been conned out of. 3 Months of diabolical service should be due a refund of some sort. No they don't do refunds or compensation they just deflect the blame. I unfortunately am now relying on a company i do not and will never trust again. I cannot easilly move my shop to another site so i am going to lose my business becasue of eBay's greed and ignorance. Well done eBay for screwing it up for so many sellers. All you do is reward bad buyers it seems and punish honest decent sellers. You Greedy lying **bleep**s.

Community Member

in reply to pugmation

Same here been on Ebay 10 years and have never seen it like this it's eerily quiet, the American market who usually buy from me has gone, don't know what's happening peeps but it's not good.  I was soo busy up to April was hoping for a bit quiet but this is deathly!!

pugmation wrote:
I honestly have never seen ebay so slow. The Buyers are not bidding at all. Is it just me? I think around Memorial Day it got real slow and has been slow ever since. I listed several items at .99 cents and I cant even give them away LOL What to do? Do I just wait for a while for ebay to get busier before I relist or just lower the prices to get bids? Anybody else notice a difference on sales the past couple weeks?

pugmation wrote:
I honestly have never seen ebay so slow. The Buyers are not bidding at all. Is it just me? I think around Memorial Day it got real slow and has been slow ever since. I listed several items at .99 cents and I cant even give them away LOL What to do? Do I just wait for a while for ebay to get busier before I relist or just lower the prices to get bids? Anybody else notice a difference on sales the past couple weeks?

Community Member

in reply to pugmation
My God it's slow. Hope this isn't a 2nd consecutive month that I've got to dip into savings to pay my Ebay Fees.
Community Member

in reply to selin_lau

Here in the UK the sales are also none existent. I have been selling on ebay for about 10 years now and I feel sales have really died. I think ebay should become more like amazon where you don't get charged to list your item until the item sells. It is also quite annoying when you have to accept 100 free listings. Why is this not automatically given to us, rather than having to click a button to accept it.

It is a shame ebay used to be a pleasure to be on, but now it seems it is now become a task. Something has to change. I don't think ebay will be around in another 10 years, the way it is going.

Community Member

in reply to pugmation

CEO/CFO both have stepped down as of April,2015. The era of JD = rules,regulations,limitations. Hope the new CEO/CFO will be more seller-friendly!

Community Member

in reply to 48wallnuts

eBay also got caught inserting "spam words" in the HTML part of all our listings in order to raise sellers higher in Google search results.  This is against Google's rules, and Google punished eBay hard for it.  That's the biggest thing that happened.  eBay did this, working a loophole that they found and could exploit, thinking they were doing eBay sellers a favor by causing us all to have higher Google search results.  It came back to bite us all in the backside when Google caught them, however.  It's more eBay's own fault than Google's.

Community Member

in reply to bingoyouwonauctions

Hmmm, it seems that as of this week, the music instruments and related equipment site I have also been listing on has passed eBay in both traffic AND sales, at least for my listings.  I don't know if this will keep up, or not, but I like the trend.  I think plenty of buyers as well as sellers are getting tired of eBay and all it's rules and such.  This particular site is set up much like old eBay was, and musicians seem to be flocking to it.  And, so far, I've sold several dozen items this year and not once has anyone tried to scam me, which is a far cry from what I've seen here.  I just sold two items on the other site this morning, and so far this week I have had zero sales on eBay, and my views counters are higher over there than they are here on eBay, too.  And, if I want, I can even pay a little extra to "bump" my listings higher up search results there, but I'm selling more there even without doing that.  I hope this trend continues....

Community Member

in reply to pugmation

was at a estate sale today talked to aprox 6  people who sell on ebay  different products each and everyone of them said the same thing, Ebay sales are gone

and nothing is selling . 

Community Member

in reply to 48wallnuts

Customers try to take advantage of the new policies on ebay seller have no protection our business become a sick business . The more we list the less we sell for sure something is going on . Not all customer support does their job right because for the same problem we have , they give us different opinions . This tells even customer support are not aware with the service they doing . I shipped an item first class customer open a case item not received i email my customer asked him to close the request because this will affect our rating he closed it right away and they keep in contact with me by email item later tracking number shows delivered no matter what still the defect count on us . We call ebay and we told them customer was more than happy to close the case plus tracking shows delivered and this is a first class not gaurantee service it was late 2 days . They refuse to remove the defect even though tracking shows delivered they said the case been opened before it's delivered i told them customer saw his mistake and agree to comunicate with me to solve the problem and the problem solved he is happy and every thing went fine so why you try to let us look like bad sellers you want to generate more profit to ebay where is our protection your new system is not functioning well guys you putting us under stress so you can generate more profit . There has to be some people watching those customer support with their decisions i believe some of them getting paid to transfer the traffic to other sellers . We are trying our best to help honest customers because we need them back even after we help them and make them happy ebay try to find ways not to help us like sellers . Plus no more communications between the buyer and the seller they quit sending us any email if they have a problem they just go and leave negative or neutral or opening a request case . I spoke with ebay more than handred times that the system should not aliow the buyer open a case or leave bad comment before emailing the seller if there is communication between the seller and the buyer lots of problems will be solved but they doing these action so they put fear in us and issue refund in that way the thieves are happy on ebay keep coming back  . Ebay just tell us report them . As i see the picture it's a big came here we are all slaves for their system so they can generate more money . Thanks