eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Re: Ebay sales Dropped Why so Slow?

in reply to spdrwb52

Well I never sell anything anyway, but I do notice very few lookers, other sellers not selling much.

Only real low dollar.

Many expenses this winter for much of the U.S.

However I sense there is something else going on and I have no idea what that could be.

Buyers have not gone to other sites, nothing going there either.

I do notice for new items household , clothing , Wal-Mart is cheaper the shipping drives eBay cost.

And electronics are a good price at Wal-Mart and if you don’t want it you just walk it back and get your cash.

That leaves antiques and I notice not much is being listed.

Maybe people are going back to local auctions for antiques. But that would mean auction houses would be buying on eBay,   but they must buy low. And real antiques are rare now so eBay does not sell low.   Mystery.

Community Member

in reply to shirleys8093

WOW!, that's some serious issues.... and that's why I live south... I have some family members that live in Minn. and you hit it right on the head. Hope it breaks soon with this weather for all of us..:smileyfrustrated:

Community Member

in reply to spdrwb52

I can see why this month.  Everyone is  sick and tired of all the snow, cold, roof cave-ins, broken pipes, high heat bills and whatever else comes with the winter blah-la's this close to spring.  I think I'm right.....but, I could be wrong:smileyindifferent:

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Community Member

in reply to toolzsalezz

Very bad month for me...:smileysad: I've never seen it this slow before. Wonder what is in store for March?

Community Member

in reply to toolzsalezz

Online sales are booming.

Stores around here aren't carrying near the range of items they did 5 years ago - but you can buy them from the store's website.

It's ebay sales that are dropping, IMO.

Community Member

in reply to kvisfree

my sales are down 80 percent or more fron 1 yr ago, i think things are horrible for online sales

Community Member

in reply to pugmation

I wondered the same thing but being from a retail background this time of year is always slow.....IT"S TAX SEASON....it will loosen up again when returns start to come it.... Hang tight.

Community Member

in reply to beaded_dreams

Wealthy collectors or their agents find it by its description. No matter where it is placed.

Not many wealthy collectors.  Every day items……..yes bad winter and not much extra cash.  Look at sold items every category what little sells, sells at $ thousands.    The wealthy are watching and buy at any price if it cannot be found anywhere else and if they ‘’want’’.     My items cannot be found anywhere on the net…..it is just that no one ‘wants’……………..

Community Member

in reply to charmed_assets

My few sales and interest always come for California, Washington, Texas

So………cannot blame the weather.  Just not many people with extra money

It sells at $20.00 that is their limit…………keep trying or back to the closet.

Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to jenningskeyboards

jenningskeyboards wrote:

My sales went to "ZERO" because even though I am in California 3/4ths of my business is in Texas or East of the Missisippi. Its the weather! Everyone is just trying to stay alive and all the way down to Florida! In other words: "It's the weather stupid"!

In my case, it was definitely my search placement.

Community Member

My sales went to "ZERO" because even though I am in California 3/4ths of my business is in Texas or East of the Missisippi. Its the weather! Everyone is just trying to stay alive and all the way down to Florida! In other words: "It's the weather stupid"!

Community Member

in reply to russellb63

russellb63 wrote:

hello my sales have dropped off almost to nothing as well,how do you check item placement?

To check the placement of an item, simply type in some of the key words from the title of one of your listings. In the search results, make sure 'Best Match' is selected in the drop down box under 'Sort:', then look through the various pages and try to locate your item. In my case, all of my listings were showing up on the last page, either last or nearly last in the search results. That issue lasted for almost exactly three weeks before my listings returned to normal in the search results. Repeated calls to eBay resulted in all of the the reps recognizing that there was an issue and submitting tickets to the technical team. I don't know if they actually made an effort to resolve the issue or not, but I was ultimately glad to see my listings return to normal.

Community Member

in reply to russellb63

I'm having the same issues with my auctions as well, not sure what to say but try using a different way of thinking . I've taken the approach of just listing and if I sell something then that's okay with me. I'm only doing this as a hobby..I have read where some sellers depend on this as their income:smileysad:. That being said, I hope things turn around for you soon... Good Luck..:smileyhappy:

Community Member

in reply to russellb63

ebay has a listings analytics tool. I've never used it because it costs money and I'm having trouble finding out how much it even costs.

There's a free 7-day trial.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/listing-analytics.html

It will probably tell you to lower your prices, and provide free shipping & free return shipping ; )

One thing you can do, is use another browser and go to ebay (without being signed in, and without any browser  cookies linking to your seller account, in other words) and search for some of your items. See if they show up.

I've read threads where other sellers ask friends in different parts of the country to look for their items, too.

Community Member

hello my sales have dropped off almost to nothing as well,how do you check item placement?

Community Member

in reply to londontradingpost

thanks for that reply i`ve contacted my bank they say they may be able to get the payement back and i`ve rang ebay to let them know what happened just anoyed the seller still is still up and ripping other people off

Community Member

in reply to mardi4247

You are probably screwed but your bank may offer something depending on how you paid.

Next time use PayPal as it protects both buyer and seller.

Community Member

in reply to pugmation

don`t know if i`m in the right spot but be ware i was riped off and i`m not the only one (angry) quite a few people paid for items that i was tricked into buying and paying for by bank deposit..use paypal i was tricked user name

ahumblemerchant

oldmerchantrandy

deanvidafar

I`ve reported this seller to the police

can anyone help!!

Community Member

in reply to d-bag56

I am a seller on Ebay but i am not with holding feedback  i leave positive feedback as soon as my customer leaves me his feedback as that way i know the deal is good and my customer is happy kind of like shaking on a deal  i only want happy customers and as part of my selling there are no other charges just the final bid.   Dave at gottallold

Community Member

in reply to hidy-hoo

Thats a good point.  If you don't sell its irrelevant but if you do then FB from items bought add to your credibility as most people only see the number and don't actually look too closely.  I.E you could buy 100 items, receive 100% positive, and then be a chit seller!!