eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups are a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Re: Ebay sales Dropped Why so Slow?

in reply to demarl2

If I sell a painting for 1000.00

I end up with about 800.00 or less, that iclude paypal charges.........I m going to wait it out. I hope Google buys eBay and Paypal. There is a stong possiblity they will. I do not consider my a self a seller, rather a client of eBay. In my opinion Ebay, is now attemping to treat Their Clients better, but more needs to be done for us. Forcing me to get a Ebay store, is eBay pursuing Client Loyalty. Simular to another online market place.

Community Member

in reply to demarl2

I tried that too.............it did not work........but thanks anyway

Community Member

in reply to dilexi-gallery

You have to use the "sell similiar" feature not the relist feature.

Community Member

in reply to eliteproductsupply

I sell fine art...............one of a kind pieces. in the new promotion I can list 2000 items.............the rub is relisted items are not included in the promotional deal.

ebay, does not understand the fine art martket.............I not giving them anything. This is frustrating. The Are trying to force me into paying for a store. whiich I will not do..................ebay gets enough money out of me as it is.

Community Member

in reply to bingoyouwonauctions

Part of it is Google and eBay, are not  playing nice with each other. Google threw a 200,000 surcharge to eBay's bill for spamming over the limit.

Community Member

Part of it is Google and eBay, are not  playing nice with each other. Google threw a 200,000 sur charge to eBay's bill for spamming over the limit.

Community Member

in reply to pugmation

At first I thought it might have been the merchandise that I was selling however those items had a good track record of selling on colpleted items at a good price even when I dropped my price by 50% still no sales the whole month of May until I came across this post and realized it wasn't just me numerous people complaining of the same circumstances, it is evident that there is a underlying problem and where there's smoke there is fire.

Community Member

[ Edited ]

I had a good memorial day, so I guess ebay decided to turn my listings off...they are now all missing. 

WONDERFUL!!!!!

I have 147 items, yet only 2 show up.  What gives?

Here is the RSS feed...I use it to keep track of these suspicious activities...perhaps this is why RSS is no longer a feature? 

http://www.ebay.com/sch/eliteproductsupply/m.html?_ipg=200&_sop=12&_rdc=1&_rss=1

UPDATE....Looks like 3 are now there.  I guess they are slowly being added back?

No wonder sales die off, then come in spurts.

I knew there were rolling blackouts going on...but this is the first time I actually see it first hand.

Community Member

in reply to pugmation

Sales went from 65 mph to a dead stop on the shoulder and  no emergency Road service is on the way!!  however I might convert my listings to read free and if you are happy with the item please make a donation so I can buy some food and pay some bills

Community Member

in reply to uniquemechanics

uniquemechanics wrote:

you have no skin in this ebay game, with your 100 feedbacks. please stop posting and continue stealing wallets. 

Wrong answer.  Someone who is newer to eBay and doesn't have as many feedbacks is JUST as welcome here as veterans of eBay are. 

Community Member

in reply to notenoughlove

you have no skin in this ebay game, with your 100 feedbacks. please stop posting and continue stealing wallets. 

Community Member

in reply to susansteiner86

you sell products that people can fund from the change in there pockets.

Community Member

Re: Ebay sales Dropped Why so Slow? go figure

I am nobody... so  are you.

Community Member

in reply to bronx-dog

I think, therefore, Iam

Community Member

Wat you are... I am not.

Community Member

in reply to theguitarpartsguy

Dissociative identity disorder......................I am, what Iam, I am, What I am

Community Member

in reply to pugmation

Read all the postings on this page...Now read the last page and check out the date it was posted...It's just slow.

2010.jpg
Community Member

in reply to itisonly_rockandroll

itisonly_rockandroll wrote:

It "appears" HIDY-HOO had your comments removed. The Truth Will set you Free!! Posting ID HIDY-HOO is not a seller, rather a eBay helper, who helps new sellers showing them the ROPES!

W.O.W.  Possibly the biggest load of tripe I have ever seen here in one post..... Hidy IS in fact one of the more helpful posters here, which is more than I've seen from your complaining.... further, that ID is her POSTING ID, not the ID she sells under, although after seeing this, I'm not willing to tell you what her selling ID is.  Personal attacks are against the rules here, from what I remember.... maybe you should keep that in mind when you post.... just sayin'.

Community Member

Re: Slow Sales On Ebay The Good News

in reply to itisonly_rockandroll

January 2015 Business News

eBay reported earnings for the fourth quarter of 2014 on Wednesday night, and it was mostly brutal news from the online marketplace. The company's revenue fell short of expectations, and the company announced it will cut 2,400 jobs, or 7% of its total workforce, early this year.
So why is eBay's outlook so bad? Just take a look at the company's gross merchandise volume (GMV), which represents the total value of goods sold — it's a good indicator for how healthy an e-commerce site like eBay is doing. Based on the company's data charted for us by BI Intelligence, eBay's GMV growth has slowed down considerably to just 2% year-over-year, down from 13% year-over-year growth in the fourth quarter of 2013.
Even though this is bad news for eBay, BI Intelligence believes this could make it a more attractive target for an acquisition once it splits from PayPal later this year. Though eBay faces increased competition and, last year, suffered a massive security breach, it is still a household name that could help a company's standing in the e-commerce market for a relatively cheap price tag.

Buy Ebay Google.jpg
Community Member

Re: God Bless The Child

in reply to bronx-dog

images.jpg