Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY and PAYPAL Fees too high

Thinking very seriously about cancelling my account.:-(

Message 1 of 145
latest reply
144 REPLIES 144

Re: EBAY and PAYPAL Fees too high

Just my 2 cents worth, don't cancel your account whether you keep selling here now or not.  Having the account does come in handy. 

********************************************************************************

The fragrance always remains in the hand that gives the rose.

For the sake of others, please learn CPR. You could save a life.

Message 2 of 145
latest reply

u got 2 neuts out of 1000 feedback.....and guys bidding 5 bucks for your pennies......

surely with a little creative accounting you can turn a profit....no?????

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 3 of 145
latest reply

Thinking very seriously about cancelling my account.:-(

Where would you go that has a similar buyer audience for less fees?

Message 4 of 145
latest reply

I think at times we have all thought the fees were high, but if you stop and really think about it, what you get for your money, its actually not a bad deal to sell on ebay,  and as for paypal,  having once had a retail business I can tell you what we pay paypal for handling our payments is way cheaper than any mom or pop store front is charged by the banks/credit card companies.    The reality is ebay is a huge company with thousands of employees and a big light bill and a big building to pay for, plus all those employees want benefits and uncle sam wants a big cut and the state and local governments want a big cut too, people want raises and vacation/ sicktime / insurance, matching 401k's and childcare,  fact is doing business is expensive and to pay for it and keep it going and producing the sales to keep the sellers listing its costly.  The key here is find things to sell that cost you as little as possible and have the potential to return the greatest amount.  

There is no place online you can get the audience and the results you get listing on ebay.  You get what you pay for,  nothing worth having is free,  they may lie to you and tell you its free, but its costing you or someone else , guaranteed.

Message 5 of 145
latest reply

Oh-Oh!> http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/springupdate2013/springfeesimplification.html

Anytime eBay announements come with asteriks, read carefully. The first sentance is the "Sugar Coating".

eBay will virtually eliminate the basic upfront cost to list for all sellers—here’s how: with eBay’s new everyday rate plans, all sellers get FREE listings* every month—fixed price or Auction-style. There’s a plan to meet the needs of all sellers. For one low monthly fee you can subscribe to an eBay Store and get from up to 150 to 2,500 free listings*, with final value fees simplified to just five competitive category-based rates from 4%-9%*. With eBay standard rates, you still get up to 50 free listings per month—now either fixed price or Auction-style—and one simplified 10% final value rate*. Choose the plan that’s best for you.

It's a rate hike for me. How about you?:_|

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 6 of 145
latest reply

And there's a discussion board with Pinks!> http://forums.ebay.com/db2/forum/2013-Spring-Seller/5200000027

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 7 of 145
latest reply

Good news!> http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/springupdate2013/unpaiditems.html

Beginning in April, if you do end up with an unpaid item, we’re shortening the time it takes to open a case by 2 full days so you can get that item back up for sale.

Message 8 of 145
latest reply

I just got an email from Ebay announcing their hike on seller fees....up to 10% final value plus shipping!!! How are we supposed to make money with these ever climbing fees?

Message 9 of 145
latest reply

Oh-Oh!> http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/springupdate2013/springfeesimplification.html

Anytime eBay announements come with asteriks, read carefully. The first sentance is the "Sugar Coating".

eBay will virtually eliminate the basic upfront cost to list for all sellers—here’s how: with eBay’s new everyday rate plans, all sellers get FREE listings* every month—fixed price or Auction-style. There’s a plan to meet the needs of all sellers. For one low monthly fee you can subscribe to an eBay Store and get from up to 150 to 2,500 free listings*, with final value fees simplified to just five competitive category-based rates from 4%-9%*. With eBay standard rates, you still get up to 50 free listings per month—now either fixed price or Auction-style—and one simplified 10% final value rate*. Choose the plan that’s best for you.

It's a rate hike for me. How about you?:_|

Hmm.

That looks almost exactly like the fee structure I proposed when eBay surveyed me about fees a few years ago.  Oh wait!  It is the same fee structure, with 2 minor exceptions (those being everyone gets a basic-level store for free to replace the "see seller's other items" page, and all sellers get 500 free listings per year - eBay chose 600 at 50 per month).  I guess they really do read those surveys.

Our fees will decrease slightly, since the cost for our store subscriptions will remain the same, insertion fees are mostly going away (saves 3¢ per listing), and final value fees are going down by 2%.  Sweet.  More profit.

Message 10 of 145
latest reply

Cheaper for me.

Newt
“Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country and giving it to the rich people of a poor country”. Ron Paul
Message 11 of 145
latest reply

I haven't had time to read it in full,but looks like it might be cheaper for me also,barring the clothing.Will read it more in depth tonight.

Glitch,Glitch,Glitch!!!
Message 12 of 145
latest reply

I just got an email from Ebay announcing their hike on seller fees....up to 10% final value plus shipping!!! How are we supposed to make money with these ever climbing fees?

Looking at your completed items, you don't sell much over $20.00...which means at the most, your final value fees will be an extra 20 cents. You can't absorb that?

Message 13 of 145
latest reply

THERE IS ANOTHER PRICE INCREASE COMMING!!!!!!

Message 14 of 145
latest reply

IMO - and granted, many of you have far more experience than I do, but - our competitors are primarily other ebayers, not really many other sites (ok, maybe Amazon for people who deal in liquidaton / close out merchandise (and take a look at their fees - ouch!)).  So, as long as everyone on ebay is facing the same fee structure, prices will esclate slightly over time to cover any change that ebay makes. 

My concern would be a disparity among seller types, where big store subscribers got a huge cut on FVFs - that would hurt a lot of small time sellers . . .

That said, I'm thinking about subscribing to a basic store to get the extra 100 listings a month, plus the break on FVF - assuming I can keep adding inventory with my wife killing me, I think the subscription will pay for itself pretty quickly. B-)

"Don't close your eyes! They can still hit you with your eyes closed!" - my son's Karate Sensei 😄
Message 15 of 145
latest reply