cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you use the Global shipping program .

I was just about to buy some car parts on ebay and then noticed that the seller was using the Global shipping program. Shipping is more than first class international so I declined on buying the parts. Has anyone used the shipping program ? Does it do anything other than cost the buyer more money and cure me of impulse spending ?

I don't do normal.......
Message 1 of 70
latest reply
69 REPLIES 69

Re: Do you use the Global shipping program .

I have the same problems with Ebays GSP,  when they open the shipping packages they hardly ever repack with the same care as the seller did and then the item get damaged. This really sucks on 30 year old collectors items that only come around once every 5 years or so.  I just bought a set of Kenwood KFC-1010 tweeters with X-overs new old stock in the original retail box it 9/10 condition. The seller packed them in a new Priority Mail box wraped in bubble wrap glued the end of the box shut. The Global shipping program or "Pitney Bowes monkeys" took a utility knife and cut threw the middle of the front face of the shipping box, threw bubble wrap right across the original retail box and sliced threw the manual. Then opened the box open from the middle not the ends like a normal person would to inspect the contents. They then proceeded to just put a long piece of ebay - pitney bowes packing tape over the 11" hole they cut in the box. Then sent it on. Ebay offerd to pay back the cost of the speakers. But then what, WAIT ANOTHER FIVE YEARS?

Message 46 of 70
latest reply

I sold a helicopter on eBay and went to global shipping when it they said the box was banged up and it was destroyed and they couldn't ship it to the buye I told them that I had it insured through FedEx to send it back to me they said they could not do that when I contacted them again and they told me there was fuel residue flammable liquid in the helicopter which there wasn't anything in the helicopter because I clean the tank and everything was totally clean he told me it doesn't matter if the tank is clean if it ever had fuel in it it would not be able to ship he said it didn't matter if you light a match next to it it wouldn't catch fire its restricted from global shipping program shipping don't use them they're nothing but a rip off I told the buyer about this and he agreed with me he got an email from John s he told him that the box was destroyed in a helicopter was no good that's why they couldn't ship it but he tells me something different because of the fuel which there wasn't any in the helicopter to begin with they lie I don't trust them ever
All you will get is a run around you sell anything with gasoline that has been in it prior if its not brand new don't use global shipping frankly I wouldn't use them at all but that's your choice anybody who's use global shipping and had good luck with them is very very lucky they are to be in Vegas playing the slot machines there that lucky. I hope you can understand my writing I'm pretty upset right now I've been eBay global shipping and Pitney Bowes for 6 days already its been a total nightmare
Message 47 of 70
latest reply

Dang, that must have been a big box......wink emo.gif

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 48 of 70
latest reply

Actually know the box wasn't that big it was all taken apart compac probably are the pricks just one of the helicopter somebody there one of that helicopter because its one of a kind of classic so they make up excuses why there's a problem shipping it damage then he told the buyer its damaged and they tell it had traces of fuel in it and oil and they said it doesn't fall into the shipping guidelines Other there is no feeling at helicopter whatsoever I told him that and he says it doesn't matter if it ever had fuel in it came in contact with gasoline and oil but it can't be shipped at restricted the matter how clean it is even you light a match to it it doesn't catch fire its restricted.
You should have disclosed that when I signed up for global shipping so I will never use again nothing but a big rip off
Message 49 of 70
latest reply

DO NOT USE THE GLOBAL SHIPPING PROGRAM

i have been and ebay on two accounts for years and years and both have 100% feedback, i have never had a single issue. This GSP comes along and i now find myself without the items i sent (with tracking) and without the money due to buyer opening a case against me. In total i wil have lost  £70 and the ebay help staff did absolutely nothing to help on the situation and have just said if i want the items back i will have to get another courier to return them to mine from the shipping depot. Absolutely appalling customer service to a genuine ebayer.

Message 50 of 70
latest reply

I just dropped ebays Global Shipping Program. I hate false advertising and scum sucking lying businesses like ebay.

The Global Shipping Program sucks sellers in with the false promise of No hassle overseas shipping, stolen or damaged, no worries. You betcha. They just screwed over my uncle who sold an item through this program, shipped it to the distribution center where it was x-rayed ( per ebay)  then sent on to the buyer who received it and claimed it was damaged upon delivery. Ebay could not get the shipper to pay for the damages even though it was insured,  and turns around and tells my uncle ebay won't cover the damage either. Shafted.

Needless to say, the many in our family and extended families have and will opt out of this program. In addition, friends and acquaintenanves are now, and will continue to be, made aware of this fraud. 

Message 51 of 70
latest reply

EGSP is jut another profit center for ebay.

and pitney bowes, tucked away in kentucky.(mainly)

between them, they have also managed to slow the passage of international shipments.

PB repacks incoming items, to miimize shipping cost, pockets difference bween that and higher fee charged to buyer by ebay. or mybe profit-share with ebay?

another example of cynical attitude. ebay lawyers must feel complacent.  a class action is required

the fact that reduced packaging utilized by PB may endanger integrity of items, is bourne by ebayers, 

Message 52 of 70
latest reply

no, the Global Shipping Program will charge my buyers too much and most of what I sell are small items, but for one little pendant they may charge around $15 for them to ship it to the buyer, on top of my low fee of $2.68 to send to the center in the U.S. I don't want my buyers to spend so much on shipping, so I just don't offer it. I don't ship any Internationally, because I used to and I always came up short on the shipping fees because I didn't charge enough on them since it was confusing to try to guess how much it would cost. It's just a big hassle to ship Internationally in my opinion.

Message 53 of 70
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

DO NOT USE THE GLOBAL SHIPPING PROGRAM, unless your idea of fun is numerous overseas buyers wanting to cancel their orders AFTER they have already sold, and now you have to go through stupid ebay hoops to get a bunch of final value ripoff fees credited back to your account.  DO NOT USE it is a DISASTER for Sellers.

Message 54 of 70
latest reply

I have been buying and selling on ebay for years. I have purchased items from China, Ausralia, Eurpe and Great Britain without any problems until now. I recently made a purchase from a seller in GB that used the Global shipping program - 2 weeks later no one seems to be able to track the package. Item left the seller and apparently went straight to the twighlight zone. I will never again purchase from a seller that uses the Global shipping program. If they will not ship direct I will not buy it.

Message 55 of 70
latest reply

The GSP is a joke. I lost money and customers because of it. They repack your items and break them while they are at it. They could care less about your item. Reuse your bubble wrap, whatever. The more they can save on shipping, the more they can make in profit. I can just hear them now "Just cram it in there kid!".

Message 56 of 70
latest reply

The GSP is a joke. I lost money and customers because of it. They repack your items and break them while they are at it. They could care less about your item. Reuse your bubble wrap, whatever. The more they can save on shipping, the more they can make in profit. I can just hear them now "Just cram it in there kid!".

Message 57 of 70
latest reply

Ebay client’s money is robbed by Ebay’s Global Shipping Program (Ebay, Pitney Bowes Inc. and/or certain sellers)… by charging import duties that may not be charged… because the bought item is free of import duties.
Import duties… over-charged with 127%
Shipping cost… over-charged with more than 400%
Don’t they have any shame at Ebay, Pitney Bowes Inc. and/or certain sellers?

Message 58 of 70
latest reply

I agree with you. I have a buyer now who won't pay unless I remove GSP and send FCI when shipping option and fees were stated and now I am the bad guy and have to cancel sale when there were other bidders. I guess they assumed I would change shipping after sale. They assumed wrong!
Message 59 of 70
latest reply

I've had a pretty good experience selling with GSP so far, no bad feedback from GSP orders after a little over a year and only the occassional hassle.  I sell mostly new biker apparel made in Pakistan and GSP shipping charges are much less than shipping directly.  For example on a recent sale shipping an $170, 6.5 pounds jacket in 24x16x4 box to Canada via International Priority Mail (the same service GSP uses) cost the buyer $13.65 shipping plus $41.42 in import fees.   Just the postage alone sending directly to customer with my endicia commercial discount rate would have cost $44.70, plus whatever import fees charged customer on arrival. Plus not having to fill out customs forms, or hear customers complain about the import fees they were charged to pick up package, lost packages and other typical problems with international shipments, as long as I get the item to the GSM facility, Ebay handles it from there, and I don't have to refund the seller for the occassional lost package, Ebay covers that.  Most other countries, the shipping and import fees combined are less than just the postage of shipping directly.

The main downside is exchanges are a pain, since I have to explain to customer how GSM works I can't offer the same low shipping rate to ship the exchange directly, unless I refund them and they order again, but those are rare, and I can't alter the destination shipping address for the GSM if the customer enters the wrong address, but that is rare too.

I also sell lighter items  under 2 pounds such as wigs on a little website, that qualify for international first class mail, but it's not trackable to many countries, and is unreliable, could take anywhere from a couple of weeks to months, and customers complain wondering where their packages are.  I stopped using International 1st Class mail at all, even when shipping directly on my non ebay sites only use Priority Mail.  Just not worth the extremely random shipping times angering customers, and lack of trackability to many countries.  

Message 60 of 70
latest reply