cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirm my Phone Number - Verify PIN

Hi, I'm trying to confirm my phone number.

They sent a PIN to my phone number and I recieve it fine, but when I enter the PIN code, it says:

"Sorry! We're currently experiencing technical difficulties and are unable to complete the process at this time."

Confirm my Phone Number - Verify PIN.png

Does anyone have any idea what's happening, I have almost a week trying to confirm my phone number. Is there a problem with eBay or it has to be in my end?

I've tried different web browsers, I've cleaned my cookies and cache on everyone of them (Firefox, Chrome, Opera, IE) and nothing works.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

@psnetworkcodes wrote:

Hi, I'm trying to confirm my phone number.

They sent a PIN to my phone number and I recieve it fine, but when I enter the PIN code, it says:

"Sorry! We're currently experiencing technical difficulties and are unable to complete the process at this time."

Confirm my Phone Number - Verify PIN.png

Does anyone have any idea what's happening, I have almost a week trying to confirm my phone number. Is there a problem with eBay or it has to be in my end?

I've tried different web browsers, I've cleaned my cookies and cache on everyone of them (Firefox, Chrome, Opera, IE) and nothing works.

Thanks.

Not sure but I thought you had to add your phone pin in your account.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 2 of 22
latest reply

@hondamedic wrote:

Not sure but I thought you had to add your phone pin in your account.

Thanks, but it isn't my Phone PIN. It's a code they send to your phone, to confirm that the phone number you submited is indeed yours, before you can list an item to sell for the first time.

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

It's a code they send to your phone,

to confirm that the phone number you submited is indeed yours,

before you can list an item to sell for the first time.

Jeeeezzzz, realy? I guess the good ole' days are truly gone! 

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 4 of 22
latest reply

OK
Message 5 of 22
latest reply

they want you to call them. and they will try to veriry your identity

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

as a developer i am not satisfied with this resolution given by ebay to cleaning cookies and cache will fix this problem lol!!,as it will not change the ebay database from backhand,,its just one gimmick answer to make us stupid, keep trying and don't disturb them again,while they will fix this issue in months,kind a frustating.

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

4697 Pin
Message 8 of 22
latest reply

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

@jaimcollaz_3  Hey, jaimcollaz ~ just a bunch of ebay sellers and buyers here on the Community Boards.  You will have to call eBay Customer Service if you are having a problem verifying your pin number ~ this is NOT the right place to enter you pin number.

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 10 of 22
latest reply

.......not only that, but this thread is 3 years old.................

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 11 of 22
latest reply

LOL

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 12 of 22
latest reply

good bye

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 13 of 22
latest reply

I called customer service and they wouldn't/couldn't help me at all.  they said it has to go through the system.  

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

Dead thread rises again

@terrisfree

Did you go through the help and contact link on ebay?

Call again. If you get the same answer, then follow through. Companies are having more and more security checks. (For your safety)

Without knowing exactly what happened, it's hard to answer. Don't want to give you wrong information. 

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 15 of 22
latest reply