cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Filed a FALSE Item not as described claim... What should I do?

abelandlilysmommy
Enthusiast

Hi I am a new seller and I had a buyer file an item not as described claim against me but then messaged me and said they wanted a refund because the items did not meet their expectations and then stated that the item was worn, but i listed the items as used and posted several pictures plus I described them as they were and posted that they were sold as is no returns and to ask any questions before bidding but the buyer never asked any questions. Then the buyer took nine days to file the case? This seems like she had buyers remorse to me and is misusing the system but I am new to this so maybe I misunderstood it. The reason I don't like to do returns is because its time consuming and a hassle. I don't think I should have to refund their money this is the second buyer who has done this. What should I do?? I would really appreciate any advice that would help me. Thanks

Message 1 of 129
latest reply
128 REPLIES 128

@maggie37b wrote:
So frustrating.
I have a buyer who wants a return for exactly the same reasons. Massive waste if my time. Don't think I will ever sell on ebay again. I would like to complain about her but don't know how......

Hi Maggie, welcome to The Part Timers Forum, sorry this happened to you.

"I have a buyer who wants a return for exactly the same reasons." 

The buyer has 45 days to return an item because of SNAD. Buyers are not suppose to return items because of remorse.

To report a buyer abusing policy go to FeedBack and there is an option to report them. Hope this helps!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 31 of 129
latest reply

Yup - what taadaa said.  If you give us more information, we may be able to help you with the problem.

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 32 of 129
latest reply

Sorry...same thing happened to me - 2 false claims in 3 days.  I'm really new to Ebay and very disallusioned.  The latest buyer scammer just sent me a message saying that a brand new, factory-sealed ink cartridge that I sold to him over a month ago is now not as described and filed a claim.  He says it wasn't sealed and had wide tape over it - a total lie, he just wants his money back and knows there is nothing I can do...

Message 33 of 129
latest reply

@gardeninggirl1107 wrote:

Sorry...same thing happened to me - 2 false claims in 3 days.  I'm really new to Ebay and very disallusioned.  The latest buyer scammer just sent me a message saying that a brand new, factory-sealed ink cartridge that I sold to him over a month ago is now not as described and filed a claim.  He says it wasn't sealed and had wide tape over it - a total lie, he just wants his money back and knows there is nothing I can do...

You say over a month...has it been 45days or more?

Glitch,Glitch,Glitch!!!
Message 34 of 129
latest reply

looks like the cartrige was in fact in it's original package...and looks to be 47 days out from the close of the auctuon.

how could he file a claim ?

Garden...you gave him feedback but he never retuned the favor.....so yes it looks like a scam....but your NO RETURNS policy helped to invite him to try.

Why don't you ansewr the claim.....return for refund.....and see if he does & if he uses DC for an 8 buck cartrige ??

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 35 of 129
latest reply

I just received one of these cases today! I'm so mad! I had tons of pictures and even had a picture from the manufactures site which matched my pics. Then I also wrote my description and copied the one on the site for the product to make sure I didn't miss anything!

I am already mad at ebay over the fees and now this I'm done as well! I don't get how I can send out an item that matches exactly to the t what I had written and pictured and then they can say it doesn't match! Ugh people are so rude and play the rules
Message 36 of 129
latest reply

Ugh people are so rude and play the rules.............

Your rules..... NO RETURNS......it just invites the creeps to test your knowledge of how ebay works......and maybe get your item for free!

PS. ya gonna sell snow boots....clean them off first.....don't write in the description ' they're muddy' and i'll get around to cleaning them...

Message 37 of 129
latest reply

good point, komo - clean them up BEFORE taking photos! 

You crack me up.  I had to go look at the muddy boots Woman Surprised

Message 38 of 129
latest reply

Muddy_Boots

So how muddy were they?

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 39 of 129
latest reply

you think that's bad?  i had an eBay representative on the phone that stated that he, the eBay representative, acknowledged that a buyer was committing fraud from the supporting evidence, but, ruled in the buyer's favor because my "digital download of Microsoft Points" was listed in the wrong category.

last i remembered, being an accessory to the fraud was frowned upon here in america.

Message 40 of 129
latest reply

What exactly would you have eBay do?  They aren't law enforcement.

They only thing they can do is enforce their own policies.  If a digitally delivered item isn't listed in the Information Products category as a classified ad listing, which is exempt from Buyer Protection, then any buyer can file and win a case, per the contract both of you signed with eBay.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/downloadable.html

If you actually ship a physical item, such as a gaming card, then you have protection against a false INR claim.  SNAD claims are another matter.

Message 41 of 129
latest reply

Hi, 34up ~ Welcome to the USA Part Time eBay Sellers Group.  You may want to check with your Australian home board for help, as I am not sure if the policies are the same ~ but if you would rather post here, fire away, but we will need more information! 

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 42 of 129
latest reply

Well since they dont do anything,, Its more or less legal.. so guess what i am going to start doing from now on!!! Got anything to sale?!?!

Message 43 of 129
latest reply

Best Buddy List candidate...................4 sure...

Message 44 of 129
latest reply

yup exaclty they aint law enforcement  what can they do,, got anything for sale? 100$ more? sell it to me its already broke, bent, not as described sorry, i want a refund.. **bleep** are you going to do.. its not like ebay is law enforcement....

Message 45 of 129
latest reply