cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

turbolister status?

previously ebay announced that turbolister was being replaced by seller hub with the same functionality in June 2017. Why does the spring seller update not mention this at all?

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

turbolister status?

Because by the time most sellers realize that it is no longer supported it will be too late to recover any listings that will work with the seller hub.  Ebay has promised that the hub "will have all the functions of TL".  So far, no backups to a local drive of the actual listings, WITH PHOTOS INTACT, and no files, no offline editing, nothing that compares with TL.

Protect yourself, get a 3rd party solution, or surrender all of your listings to ebay and have them go poof in 60-90 days.  All of your photos will be gone, only to have to be recreated again.  No excel file interchange substitute is going to work for storing complete listings, we all know that. 

Do not wait, cover yourself.

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

turbolister status?

ebay staff please answer this question
Message 3 of 22
latest reply

turbolister status?

@lloydsteventaylor wrote:

previously ebay announced that turbolister was being replaced by seller hub with the same functionality in June 2017. Why does the spring seller update not mention this at all?

I asked this same question on the Ebay For Business Facebook page earlier today before this special discussion boards were opened.

I gather they are still trying to "work out" exactly how to add the features of TL to SH.

I also was hoping to get an approximate date ... will it be June 1 or June 30 or somewhere in between?

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

turbolister status?

staff please answer this question
Message 5 of 22
latest reply

turbolister status?

There are no definitive answers because they have already told us to use the Seller Hub and that the rest of the functions "are coming".  But they call excel interchange files equal to being able to store your listings (full listings) locally.  Cover yourself, because you know that this won't happen before TL is gone.  Then all you will have is your live ebay listings or unsolds.  

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

turbolister status?

I'm praying that the track record for many programming rollouts stays true to form and that the TL non-support will be postponed for a little while longer until Seller Hub actually has the capabilities of TL (as we've been told it would).  Maybe SH simply won't be able to provide the same functions and they'll quash the decomissioning of TL altogether  Smiley LOL

Of course since I want this to happen, it probably won't. 

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

turbolister status?

There was no mention of the seller hub at all that I could find.  Recently, I was told it is not going to be mandatory to use and I thought they had eariler stated that it would be.  Seems to be a mess.

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

turbolister status?

But if they still discontinue to support TL, that mess is all some sellers will have, not knowing that there are some alternatives out there to save your listings. Think of all the seasonal sellers... wow, a lot of work will be gone.

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

turbolister status?

@fern*wood wrote:

There was no mention of the seller hub at all that I could find.  Recently, I was told it is not going to be mandatory to use and I thought they had eariler stated that it would be.  Seems to be a mess.

Trinton mentioned that there 'was no general anouncement by ebay that the seller hub was going to be mandatory' so that meant that it wasn't mandatory.  He also mentioned that everybody should use the suggestion button to request features that they wanted in the new seller hub - oh, yeah, good luck, if history is any indication of the chance in the tropics.

Well, at least won't be mandatory until 'an ebay official announcement' OR that there isn't going to be anything else OR what you see is what you get OR well, we will incorporate other features 'soon' or .....

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 10 of 22
latest reply

turbolister status?

in the fall 2016 seller update:

urbo Lister no longer supported after June 2017

As all key Turbo Lister functionality will be made available in Seller Hub, eBay will discontinue support for Turbo Lister after June 2017. Seller Hub already enables you to create professional, quality listings, and upload and manage listings in bulk. More improvements to Seller Hub’s listing process are coming soon, with a focus on addressing seller feedback and adding capabilities for sellers who use Turbo Lister today. Send your feedback on Seller Hub listings capabilities to DL-eBay-SH-Listings-Feedback@ebay.com.

what is the status of seller hub improvements to replace turbolister functionality?

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

turbolister status?

@gracieallen01 wrote:

@fern*wood wrote:

Trinton mentioned that there 'was no general anouncement by ebay that the seller hub was going to be mandatory' so that meant that it wasn't mandatory.  He also mentioned that everybody should use the suggestion button to request features that they wanted in the new seller hub - oh, yeah, good luck, if history is any indication of the chance in the tropics.

Well, at least won't be mandatory until 'an ebay official announcement' OR that there isn't going to be anything else OR what you see is what you get OR well, we will incorporate other features 'soon' or .....

In the 2016 Fall  Seller Update Ebay stated that Selling Manager and Selling Manager Pro would not be supported after June and that Turbo Lister would also not be supported after June 2017.  That in so many words says you will have to use Seller Hub as of that time.  Also Ebay's Executives have made public statements that all of their assets are being invested into Sellers hub and Wenig told the Wall Street gang while announcing the 3rd Quarter results to please work with EBay until they roll out the completed version of Sellers Hub with the Advanced Listing Tool and utilizing Artificlal Intelligence before changing their recommendations about Ebay.  The stock dropped 10% the next day.

I also read in another announcement that all USA sellers would have to make the change in June 2017.  A question was asked about other Ebay sites and it was stated that only US sellers would have to deal with this at that time.  In other words the Chinese sellers will not have to deal with the glitchy, slow product for their sales, just another disadvantage for US Sellers.

David

Twnpopcards

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

turbolister status?

That's what I remember too but maybe they didn't use the word mandatory...but when I asked I was told it wouldn't be.

So, two questions are Selling Manger and Selling Manager Pro still going away, and is My Ebay--All Selling considered different from those two?

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

turbolister status?

Any answers for this thread?

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

turbolister status?

@lloydsteventaylor wrote:

All,

In April we will have more to say about the timing of when the functionality will be available in Seller Hub. We continue to support Tl and we are committed to support it until the functionally is available in Seller Hub, nothing has changed. This may take longer than our original "spring 2017" timeline, so stay tuned. 

Please note, it's in our best interest to ensure the capabilites you find valuable in TL are available in Seller Hub, we want the listings you have. 

Seller Hub plug - I encourage anyone who hasn't looked at Seller Hub recenlty to give it a try though, it has some good features. 

Thanks for selling on eBay!

Brian

Message 15 of 22
latest reply