cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay top rated seller changes 2017

I cannot believe EBAY is once again making it HARDER for sellers to achieve success.  It is bad enough the fees already, now they are decreasing the final value fee discounts by 10 percent, increasing the shipping tracking requirements to 95 percent!  Are you kidding me?  And you say this will help sellers?  It only helps EBAY make more money.  Do you realize when someone orders on a friday my post office is not open until monday?  How can i do one day shipping and upload tracking numbers within 24 hours?  I use my own postage because your discount is not really a discount.  You are forcing me to use your postage service to get immediate tracking when the package will not go out anyway?  And you decrease our final value fee discounts by 10 percent you ebay makes an extra ten percent now?  WHY SHOULD WE SUFFER over and over with your fees and slaps in the face to the sellers.  I cannot believe you are making it harder and decreasing our selling status and profits.  SHAME ON YOU EBAY!  You make millions off us and now you want to make more and hold us to standards that are not really achieveable.  I am disgusted with you.

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

The notice at the top of the board says to go here:  https://community.ebay.com/t5/2017-Spring-Seller-Update/bd-p/2017SpringSellerUpdate

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 2 of 22
latest reply

@letmefindpeacelord wrote:

I cannot believe EBAY is once again making it HARDER for sellers to achieve success.  It is bad enough the fees already, now they are decreasing the final value fee discounts by 10 percent, increasing the shipping tracking requirements to 95 percent!  Are you kidding me?  And you say this will help sellers?  It only helps EBAY make more money.  Do you realize when someone orders on a friday my post office is not open until monday?  How can i do one day shipping and upload tracking numbers within 24 hours?  I use my own postage because your discount is not really a discount.  You are forcing me to use your postage service to get immediate tracking when the package will not go out anyway?  And you decrease our final value fee discounts by 10 percent you ebay makes an extra ten percent now?  WHY SHOULD WE SUFFER over and over with your fees and slaps in the face to the sellers.  I cannot believe you are making it harder and decreasing our selling status and profits.  SHAME ON YOU EBAY!  You make millions off us and now you want to make more and hold us to standards that are not really achieveable.  I am disgusted with you.

If you get order on Friday and have one day shipping its one business day so you do not have to ship untill Monday. Ship however you want but put tracking on it and get a scan. Its not that hard. 

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

dynaco_dude
Adventurer

EBAY WANTS TO BE AMAZON. every year they raise fees!  FOR what?  they feed us **bleep** about how they are making it better.

It disgusts me. What a CON JOB!

I DESPISE EBAY.

BTW  I've benn on it for 16 years.

UGH!!

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

No More Hoops, No more 1 day shipping, No more 30 day returns, No more TRS, Back to 3 day handling, Back to No returns, Back to selling on My Terms. eBay has become a Swamp, right down to the smell !!

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

victor - if you don't want to be a TRS, that is entirely your decision to make.  You will find that you are selling less because you are not giving buyers what they want - quick shipping and easy returns.  If you are happy with that, then go for it.  But do the math to see if it really makes sense.  Your choice will affect your bottom line.  It truly may be the right thing for you to do, but only you can decide.  Don't do it in anger. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 6 of 22
latest reply

TRS means NOTHING to me. The nickels and dimes I save mean NOTHING to me, The rules here change for the love of fees and China sellers, eBay nothing more then a Dime Store filled with Junk from China, Sure, I'll still sell and List here, But on my terms, NOT ebays. When I asked that A guy on the chat boards months ago about fee Increase's due to eBays loss in the elections, they threw me off the chat boards, Demoted me to the pee wee boards, and now raise fees or take away discounts that were earned. 

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

You make far too much sense (and of course, you are correct)...and without the rhetoric and hyperbole that are factually incorrect and add nothing...

Well-done!

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 8 of 22
latest reply

I asked that A guy on the chat boards months ago about fee Increase's due to eBays loss in the elections,

This sounds interesting. I'd like to hear what you're talking about.

To make TRS work with the + listings to get the 10%, you have to sell popular items at maybe larger volume than you are able to sustain, which is surely not true for other sellers...right?

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 9 of 22
latest reply

It comes down to corporate greed and no respect for sellers.  I have watched the horrors sellers go through and the money they lose on here just from scam artist buyers.  Ebay continues to take more and more profits from sellers year after year.  Make me ill inside.  This is a perfect example of corporate greed.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

Here is the solution:

Stop!  No more 30 cent listing fees

Stop your high FVFees.  6.6 percent profit margin FVF for ebay across the board on all items.

Stop charging 1.30 cents to make  a sellers items pictures bigger!!

Stop limiting ebay listing.

Stop scamming us with so called discounted shipping rates.

Stop allowing Scam artist sellers to sell on Ebay after you have been provided proof over and over as to their scams but do nothing about it.

Stop allowing China and Hong Kong to steal from Ebay and its buyers by listing false Items and never sending them out to collect profits and close their accounts.

Stop lying to us in your update wording! Provide the sellers better tools and less restrictions ...in other words penalizing us another 4 percent is a slap in the face while you keep raising your so called standards.

STOP THE DISRESPECT for your sellers before we STOP unsing Ebay!

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

I always put tracking on my package and have it scanned.  I am the best!  I am sick of ebay trying to raise our standards when we already have perfect ratings to try to charge us 4 percent more.  The post is about ebay corporate greed and raising prices every year affecting our bottom lines.  If you are ok with paying higher fees and getting less respect as a seller to each his own.  Voicing my opinion is a way I hope ebay will see our struggles and finally respect the seller as they should instead of charging us more and trying to eliminate the top rated seller discounts and sellers.  God Bless.

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

This guy has a perfect ebay rating .  Victor Junk Man has been doing everything right.  His customers appreciate him by his comments.  How does ebay reward that?  By making it harder on him to sell, decreasing his profit margins, and charging him top fees and increasing his shipping efficiency to meet standards ebay sets?  It is like being in school and having the teacher slap your hand with a ruler.  Do you just not see what is happening here?  It is all profit corporate greed and ebay wins every time! 

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

please see post I wrote in response to this
Message 14 of 22
latest reply

@letmefindpeacelord wrote:

This guy has a perfect ebay rating .  Victor Junk Man has been doing everything right.  His customers appreciate him by his comments.  How does ebay reward that?  By making it harder on him to sell, decreasing his profit margins, and charging him top fees and increasing his shipping efficiency to meet standards ebay sets?  It is like being in school and having the teacher slap your hand with a ruler.  Do you just not see what is happening here?  It is all profit corporate greed and ebay wins every time! 

These changes have no effect on sellers like him, except for raising the cost of selling here by 1%(yes, 1%) IF he chooses to keep 1 day shipping and 30 day returns. Since I never thought saving 20% off of a 10% FVF(2%) was ever worth it, I never did it,, and it certainly isn't worth doing it for 10% off of a 10% FVF(1% of the selling price).

The only plus for being even TRS was the 3% less for commbase+ rates, which are also going away. Sellers of vintage/antiques don't usually worry about placement in worst match, unless ebay decides that china should be faking some of these items for sale here, because there usually isn't more than a few listings for the same thing.

And I have better things to do than to chase a baby carrot on a big stick.