cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Seller changes for 2017 with more Fee's

The annual seller up date email I got below. Ebay says they are making changes to the eBay Top Rated Seller program to better meet buyer expectations and retail standards.

So the firist thing they will change is the Top Rated Sellers discount will change from 20% to 10% on qualifying listing. Now how is that first thing related in any way to meeting buyer expectations or

retail standards. All I see is a large corpation that is not growing and is lossing market share and sellers to other site's and is reducing the discount that Top Rated Sellers get to increase or maintain it 's bottom line since it revenue growth is tanking.

Next Wow if your a  Top Rated Sellers  you will get a $30 credit to create and promoted listings and advertise listing on ebay REALLY! Isn't the reason for me selling  on ebay here is to advertise and promoted the listings of it's sellers so sellers items will sell so ebay can get money from the sellers final value fee's. Now I would rather get a $30 credit every month to be used to list items on ebay. But after all this is about making the program to better to meet buyer expectations! Now I don't know what the fee rates are for ebay sellers to advertise monthly so maybe somebody that does not can list the amounts here but If the rate's for sellers to advertise are more then $30 a month and I am guessing they are, then all this really is another way for ebay to get more money from there sellers. Now when you click on the links in the email one of the things they are doing is getting is

"removing third-party product listing ads across the eBay platform effective May 1, 2017" Now you might be saying Great, but wait a second. They also say there will still be "Limited third-party advertisements will continue to be displayed." So third-party product listing ads come to a end on May 1, 2017 but there not?

Tracking are going up from 90%  to 95% I don't see how that really  is going to better meet buyer expectations but hey this is ebay they use the Force when they pull these things out of there....................

The last part of the email is states" eBay Top Rated Sellers have told us they want more tools and options to grow their business." And help us!

But me being a seller I would not tell them to reduce my Top Rated Sellers discount from 20% to 10%  and I would like to know if any of my fellow sellers told ebay to do this to grow your business so lets get a count here from all the sellers

Same for this how many ebay sellers asked ebay to increase tracking from 90% to 95%

And how many ebay sellers that are not Top rated asked ebay to do that.

Also sellers to have there fee's go up by by 4 percentage points on items sold that are not Top rated did you tell ebay that as well.

When ever I have said anything to ebay it has been to reduce the fee's and stop charging a listing fee or to give sellers more free listing and more free listing Promo's and give the  free listing Promo's to all sellers instead of by invite only. 

email

eBay Top Rated Seller changes

We’re making changes to the eBay Top Rated Seller program to better meet buyer expectations and retail standards.

Below standard changes

Final value fees for sellers who do not meet eBay’s minimum performance standards will increase by 4 percentage points on items sold on or after May 1, 2017. To make sure you’re meeting eBay’s minimum selling requirements, follow our selling best practices and check your seller dashboard regularly.

Why is eBay making these changes?

eBay Top Rated Sellers have told us they want more tools and options to grow their business. The changes we’re making reflect our ongoing investment in helping them do just that and to ensure the best marketplace health and competition.

Removal of prominent third party ads to elevate your promoted listings

We’re removing third-party product listing ads across the eBay platform effective May 1, 2017. We will begin replacing the ads with eBay promoted listings at that time, with additional placements coming over the course of the year. Sellers have asked for increased visibility and for removal of ads which take buyers off eBay. With these changes, we are taking strides to provide sellers more opportunity to get added visibility and velocity for their items and to reduce competition from external ad sources. Limited third-party advertisements will continue to be displayed.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@dccomic
Your not getting an response here to your post because as posted at the top of this board there is a board for the 2017 Spring seller update, That's were you'll find all of the sellers posting their thoughts

Also so your not suprised the $30.00 credit for poromted listing is not per month as you posted , It's a  $30 credit each quarter 

http://community.ebay.com/t5/2017-Spring-Seller-Update/bd-p/2017SpringSellerUpdate

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

As I read IT the FVF went up .15%  in certain catagories for store owners. IF a seller falls below standard their FVF will go up 14%  I don't remember seeing any other Fee increases.

To earn the Top rated status, sellers will have to comprimise to obtain the rewards/discounts ebay gives for reaching certain expectations.

You have to work harder to obtain these reduced discounts/rewards now. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@imasuv wrote:

As I read IT the FVF went up .15%  in certain catagories for store owners. IF a seller falls below standard their FVF will go up 14%  I don't remember seeing any other Fee increases.

To earn the Top rated status, sellers will have to comprimise to obtain the rewards/discounts ebay gives for reaching certain expectations.

You have to work harder to obtain these reduced discounts/rewards now. 

Hey everyone, just wanted to step in and clarify that the FVF increase when falling Below Standard is 4%, not the 14% mentioned. There are a variety of topics on this board already discussing components of the update. Check out: TRS discount going from 20% to 10% on May 1st for further conversation on the discount changes and Performance standard change for a thread regarding the shipping changes. Staff have engaged on these threads to answer questions and they may help add some context that addresses your concerns!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply