cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whoa on the thread locks please.

When I asked yesterday about official dedicated threads for each section, Alan's response was that they were letting members create their own topics.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/2017-Spring-Seller-Update/How-about-official-dedicated-threads/m-p/2667...

If they keep getting closed and re-directed, isn't it going to become a mega thread? 

Locking threads seems contradictory to the format set forth.

@Anonymous

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@lintbrush* wrote:

When I asked yesterday about official dedicated threads for each section, Alan's response was that they were letting members create their own topics.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/2017-Spring-Seller-Update/How-about-official-dedicated-threads/m-p/2667...

If they keep getting closed and re-directed, isn't it going to become a mega thread? 

Locking threads seems contradictory to the format set forth.

@Anonymous

Perhaps they didn't realize how bad it was going to get.  You know, their "good news for sellers" is always so well received...  *cough*

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent” ― Madeleine K. Albright

Great! 45.8% down over the same time last year with 2x+ items listed. Are you impressed? I'm certainly not!
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there! While we do want our community to create their own threads of conversation, keeping discussion on a specific topic to one thread will benefit everyone. When we lock a duplicate topic, we redirect to the discussion that is already being had on that subject. Some of these topics have Staff engaging and providing clarity and we want to ensure that everyone reviews the content already provided as it may apply to their questions.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

what happened to the thread i was posting to? it became locked and it says the it is being discussed  with a link to another thread but when i went to that thread i couldnt find the previous postings i made on the thread that is locked  . my head is spinning.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lloydsteventaylor wrote:

what happened to the thread i was posting to? it became locked and it says the it is being discussed  with a link to another thread but when i went to that thread i couldnt find the previous postings i made on the thread that is locked  . my head is spinning.

When a thread is locked and we redirect you to the main thread on that topic, your comments are not automatically moved over. We encourage you to review the active thread to see if your concerns have already been discussed and post to that thread if you still have questions. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply