cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRS discount reduced to 10%

If I understand this correctly, we sellers have been asking eBay to decrease of TRS discounts and increase our final fees? I seriously doubt that. I have no problem with the increased requirements for TRS. But why would you increase the requirements while at the same time reducing our benefits?

Like so many other sellers, I have been selling on eBay for a long time and work very hard to deliver outstanding service. At a time when profits are stretched more thin every year, why would eBay impose this increase on its most loyal, hard working sellers. I'm not buying the increased value I'm getting for my money. In fact, I see little that will benefit me. So, please don't insult my intelligence!

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

So, please don't insult my intelligence!

You ask far too much. 

Isn't it awesome how eBay can totally bone you in both directions all the while dressing it up as if they are doing you a favor?

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

This is typical of a failing business model.

ebay is loosing to amazon, walmart etc. WE - the  independent SELLERS of new produicts - cannot compete with these giant retailers due to our high cost of shipping products. Let ebay go down with all the used junk that they can peddle.

I am sick of getting everyday emails from eBay telling me they have HANDSELECTED things for my to buy - another ignorant LIE. Marketing at ebay suis BAD. Customer support is BAD. We the sellers are actually ebay's customers and ebay ignores that fact treat sellers like trash. This update is a good example.

I could sell my products CHEAPER to customers if ebay did not insist on this stupid idea of FREE SHIPPING - we the sellers DO NOT HAVE ANY FREE SHIPPING. What kind of insane business model is this?? I can offer so much better prices on amazon, walmart and etsy and on my own website that I will not m iss ebay one bit.

SICK of ebay and moving to sell my hand made products and supplies to etsy and for fulfilment by amazon/prime.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Why not decrease the discount for TRS "big" sellers, the big box stores who are selling here?  Allow us little sellers to keep our TRS discount where it is.  They could base it on sales.  I am a one woman operation, selling in my spare time for extra money to help my family.  I give personal service and my seller dashboard looks great.  Why punish me?

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

I am glad I am not the only one who can see through this SCAM!  Big deal.. giving us another $75 in shipping supplies and taking our discount down to 10% instead of 20%.  Do they think we were born yesterday or brain dead?  Ebay, keep your blooming shipping supplies and give me my discount back.  WE work so hard for that discount on and top of Anchor store prices going out of sight recently, plus with all the rules you set and on top of that, your shipping and tracking loading system of calculating late shipments is way off base!  Present I am showing 30 packages that tracking was not uploaded at all on.. GO check the tracking numbers and acceptance time through USPS!  Your system is full of glitches!  We should get extra credit for all the ebay glitches we pay for.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

I completely agree and am offended that they are saying that this is "a tool or option to grow my business"

How does losing 10% of my discount grow my business!!!

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Agree 100%
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@high_speed_tactical wrote:

If I understand this correctly, we sellers have been asking eBay to decrease of TRS discounts and increase our final fees? I seriously doubt that. I have no problem with the increased requirements for TRS. But why would you increase the requirements while at the same time reducing our benefits?

Like so many other sellers, I have been selling on eBay for a long time and work very hard to deliver outstanding service. At a time when profits are stretched more thin every year, why would eBay impose this increase on its most loyal, hard working sellers. I'm not buying the increased value I'm getting for my money. In fact, I see little that will benefit me. So, please don't insult my intelligence!

This is a slap to all TRS sellers and many store owners.

i am but still a small seller.

i am not Walmart or a seller like that and go out of my way for my customers.

i probably offer better shipping service than such a huge seller.

Store owners pay a subscription.

that means we pay for our listings.

now i will have the pleasure to pay 0.15% more in my selling categories.

i see that electronics will stay the same.

i see that non store owners won't have to pay more.

as a store owner and a TRS+ seller;

i feel like ebay's cash cow.

i can see volume sellers being not too happy...

at least ebay could have increased my monthly free listings allotment like they did some time ago.

the increase and the decrease wouldn't have been so bad then.

letoulousain
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

They said specifically they're making these changes to give eBay sellers from tools and options. So is reducing it to 10% a tool or an option? I sincerely hope its an option so I can choose not to use it.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Wishful thinking for sure.. but No Option!

I did the math and with the increase in UNNEEDED shipping supply credit they are giving Anchor store owners, less the most trusted seller discout means at least $1000.00 per year that I cannot spend on growing my ebay business.  Who wins there?  No new listings.. no new collections from selling fees for ebay!

On the positive side, the additional $75 worth of shipping supplies I do not need at least puts my brain to work.

Excess Bubble bags can be used for small trash can liners... also nice to collect doggy poop before putting in garbage... then can be used in diaper bags for soiled diapers.  I am sure you folks can think of more ways to use those UNNEEDED shipping supplies they are offering. 

Of course, the ONE OPTION we do have is not to order them and just let ebay keep that extra money they are getting by cutting our discount.

LOL.. getting ebay to correct their bad policies is like talking to the IRS !!!

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@evry1nositswindy wrote:

Why not decrease the discount for TRS "big" sellers, the big box stores who are selling here?  Allow us little sellers to keep our TRS discount where it is.  They could base it on sales.  I am a one woman operation, selling in my spare time for extra money to help my family.  I give personal service and my seller dashboard looks great.  Why punish me?

This fee change is going to hurt medium to large sellers far more than small sellers.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

On 1/1/2017 when the eBay Bucks rebates to buyers were cut from 2% to 1%  I foolishly thought this might result in a decrease to seller's fees.  

What once was the best site on the web has been systematically destroyed from within over the last ten years.   This cash cow should have laid off all their non-core staff ten years ago and started paying a dividend to shareholders.  Were there moles from amazon working here ten years ago to help ruin ebay?

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

On top of all the eBay increases, we also have to deal with another postal service increase as well as a PayPal increase. All the while competing against Chinese sellers giving their items away. This makes it difficult to increase our prices to help make up for the increase in fees. So year after year we just absorb the increase. With reduced profits we just have to sell more and work harder to make the same amout of money. I usually go along with the eBay changes and look for a way to make it work for us, but this is just too much.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

What is needed to sell on Amazon?

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey everyone,

This topic is being discussed here: TRS discount going from 20% to 10% on May 1st

Thanks

Message 15 of 15
latest reply