I'm going back to 3 day handling and paid shipping

I'm also raising my prices

I DON'T NEED THIS ANYMORE

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/comments///1488296012.html#

Message 1 of 266
latest reply
265 REPLIES 265

TRS discount going from 20% to 10% on May 1st

What should concern eBay the most is that I will NO longer be buying anything on this site NOTHING!

NADA

ZILCH

Message 2 of 266
latest reply

That's certainly a 180 turn from your usual posts. 

Message 3 of 266
latest reply

Yeah, sellers have been jumping through hoops and paying ebay for a store to now only be paying just about the same amount fee % as the average little seller.

(*Bleep*)
Message 4 of 266
latest reply

@z50com wrote:

I WON'T DO IT

For 10% I will no longer jump thru the hoops

I'm going back to 3 day handling and paid shipping

I'm also raising my prices

I DON'T NEED THIS ANYMORE

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/comments///1488296012.html#

@z50com i feel with u. 

on a different not, i have to admit that ecomercytes is on their game. they had that up really quick lol

Message 5 of 266
latest reply

Wow..all kinds of interesting increases in that article. Here's the link to the spring seller update too.  THIS is going to be an interesting posting week. I'm glad mother nature yanked me out of the business.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/2017-Spring-Seller-Update/ba-p/26628426

Message 6 of 266
latest reply

if i was selling computers or tablet etc it would be not a big deal. but my category, i will only save .85% for having a store and then they cut the trs plus discount in half. ... now that hurts. no joke

Message 7 of 266
latest reply

Good grief! *WHY*, when I'm contemplating selling here, did *this* mess have to come along?!
"I've decided I'm not old. I'm 25 plus shipping & handling!"
(I have PM disabled. Contact me via messages.)
Message 8 of 266
latest reply

turnip.jpg

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 9 of 266
latest reply

@*heather_lee*
Heather if you intend to sell here then you have to get used to it
ebay changes things twice a year with the Spring & Fall sellers update
You really need to stay on your toes

Message 10 of 266
latest reply

@*heather_lee*

The changes to TRS rates and benefits, and the Store fees, would have no effect on a new seller.  By the time you're ready to think about either of those, som other changes will have been announced.  

So you might see this as potentially decreased competition, since there will be fewer TRS-Plus listings and some sellers might even shut down altogether..

Message 11 of 266
latest reply

@retrose1 wrote:

Yeah, sellers have been jumping through hoops and paying ebay for a store to now only be paying just about the same amount fee % as the average little seller.

I only keep a store as long as the math makes sense.  So far it has saved me money but the lines on the graph are slowly beginning to converge.

Message 12 of 266
latest reply

They're removing third party ads across the platform. Sellers need to remember when they ask for something that Ebay then provides, they lose something else. This is not a charity.

Message 13 of 266
latest reply

*sigh* Well, my *goal* obviously was to reach TRS status. Looking at the continued downward spiral in "benefits", I'm wondering at this point what *is* the point of having that goal? You know? I mean, after all, in reading in the boards on previous "updates/upgrades", it sure doesn't seem to "swing" in the sellers' favor in the positive. It looks to me as if more and more is taken.
"I've decided I'm not old. I'm 25 plus shipping & handling!"
(I have PM disabled. Contact me via messages.)
Message 14 of 266
latest reply

I saw that little cut of .85%.  The mobile promos I think are a lot more impacting than what may appear on the surface. Mobile purchases are the majority now and if pay for promo is taking over.... that's going to hurt big time.

What I would like to know is if ebay settled its dispute with Google search and will be passing the promo fees along to Google to get ebay sellers listings on equal footing again.  Or, if there's still no fix and ebay's just verifying it's intent to move away from sales based profits and into up front fee profits. The way companies take when they know they aren't strong enough to support a thriving sales base?  Same as the the B & M's that charge you 250.00 a month for the 10x10 foot booth. They don't have to care if you sell anything or not.

Message 15 of 266
latest reply